2 1.14%
  • D

1 0.57%
  • F

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade Dooley

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Grade Dooley

Grade his time here. Here's the catch, you can't separate "well, on the field..." and "but as an AD!". You HAVE to have one cumulative score. How you weigh one factor vs. another is at your disgression.

I'm going B+. Dooley was trending towards A, or even A+, heading into this season, but the 4-win record and inability to make adjustments when the on-field schemes weren't working brings him down. I'm weighting this strongly on the AD/fundraising side of the house. IMO, Tech needed those things accomplished moreso than anything on the field. Dooley did so.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Grade Dooley

B-

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

A

I believe the wins were coming. The excitement, the effort, the energy, the dedication, and the focus on bringing Tech into bigger and better things constantly were all things I looked for and got with Dooley.

I don't like how it ended, but I really enjoyed having him here at Tech. Everything I hoped Tech would do in athletics was moving in the right direction with Dooley. That's why I am so nervous about this hire. I want to continue on the way up.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

I (incomplete). Next year would have told the tale.

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

D+ Anybody could have done what he did with the money. The wins on the field are what counts and he was 17-20 but at least the porous record included an Independence Bowl victory.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Solid B. A as an AD and a C on the field.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Gotta say that I was really impressed in 2007 (against Hawaii) when he laid it on the line instead of going to OT, then to follow up in 2008 with the Indy Bowl win. The upgrades to the facilities far outreached the imagination when I came to campus on Fall 2004....but this past year had much higher expecatations....that were not realized....

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    D+ Anybody could have done what he did with the money. The wins on the field are what counts and he was 17-20 but at least the porous record included an Independence Bowl victory.
    The wins count but so do other things. Bicknell won games at times, but the program is no where near where it is now. Crowton won games, but he didn't generate the excitement that we've had lately.

Wins absolutely matter, but there are several other things that head coaches must do. I will be the defense if I must. I believe Dooley did a great job here. Period. I will say that till the end.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post

No he did more, than the last admin did with the money. JAS was in a state of disrepair and at least he had it powerwashed and painted. New Tennis Courts, Banners at JAS etc. I honestly don't believe those things would have happened under Jim Oakes or Bicknell.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Gave him an A.

Look back at the Jim Oakes/Bicknell years.

little to no corporate sponsors
    zero branding of Louisiana Tech
    very undisciplined football team
    we wore cheap Russell uni's
    no jumbotron
    whored our football team for a big paycheck
    had zero plan for the future of Tech athletics!

Varsity Bulldog finndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by TechDynamic View Post
    Gotta say that I was really impressed in 2007 (against Hawaii) when he laid it on the line instead of going to OT, then to follow up in 2008 with the Indy Bowl win. The upgrades to the facilities far outreached the imagination when I came to campus on Fall 2004....but this past year had much higher expecatations....that were not realized....
    Hawaii would have been impressive had we won. We didn't, big deal.. Bicknell would have kicked and then lost in overtime, at least the game would have lasted longer..

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by finndawg View Post
    Hawaii would have been impressive had we won. We didn't, big deal.. Bicknell would have kicked and then lost in overtime, at least the game would have lasted longer..
    Bicknell wouldn't have come close to winning the game. Our defense ranked dead last in 2006. If Jack was HC of 2007, Colt Brennan would have thrown all over us and beat the dawgs by 30+.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

B+ as an AD, C- as a head coach. If he was back this year, I think a 7 win season would of almost been a stone cold lock of the century and probably another bowl game. I think the next head coach still has a great chance to get us to a bowl game. We still have all of spring and summer to adjust to a new staff and coach.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    If he was back this year, I think a 7 win season would of almost been a stone cold lock of the century and probably another bowl game. I think the next head coach still has a great chance to get us to a bowl game. We still have all of spring and summer to adjust to a new staff and coach.
    Yeah...I think it's a lock anyway. Dooley should get some credit for that. He definitely left us FAR better than he found us. The circumstances that led to his departure are once in a lifetime...I don't hold any ill-will toward him. The next coach has a very young and very experienced team...AND, a very manageable schedule. That's a good combo.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

A+ as AD for all of the improvements and scheduling as well as the momentum we have in other sports. LTAC, coporate sponsors etc.

C+ as the head coach. Bowl win against an easy schedule. Losing record over all but very average. 17-20 record gets the C bowl win gets him a plus.

B+ average knocked down to a B because he left us in such a bind.

+ Reply to Thread