+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FootballScoop Mentions a New Name

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Re: FootballScoop Mentions a New Name

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    People will crap all over that, but if he relinquished playcalling duties and focused on his recruiter/father figure role, I think he would be successful. The players respect him.
    +1

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    People will crap all over that, but if he relinquished playcalling duties and focused on his recruiter/father figure role, I think he would be successful. The players respect him.
    Scelfo is the least desirable candidate on the list. What has he done? Think of it this way, if he wasn't a current tech coach would he be a desirable candidate.

Answer: no.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I will be HIGHLY disappointed if we hire from within. I have no problem interviewing Scelfo or Spangler nor keeping them on the staff. I want Monken, let's get it done. I understand interviews must be done and maybe will WOW DR and the search team like DD did 3 years ago. After the last hire they deserve the benefit of the doubt and I am sure they'll find us a great coach and I am betting he'll be hired and announced by Wednesday.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I will be HIGHLY disappointed if we hire from within. I have no problem interviewing Scelfo or Spangler nor keeping them on the staff. I want Monken, let's get it done. I understand interviews must be done and maybe will WOW DR and the search team like DD did 3 years ago. After the last hire they deserve the benefit of the doubt and I am sure they'll find us a great coach and I am betting he'll be hired and announced by Wednesday.
    +1, and Wed. or Thur. at the latest.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Spangler would energize the players. I get the feeling they would kill polar bears with popscicle sticks if he told them to.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    Spangler would energize the players. I get the feeling they would kill polar bears with popscicle sticks if he told them to.

Can he sell the alumni and donors? I haven't seen him be very outgoing.

Puppy coogfan101 is an unknown

I would be upset if Phillips left Houston, but also honored that other schools are considering him for a HC. Sam Houston wanted him to retain most of the assistants which Phillips did not want to do. The AD at SHSU really wanted him, but some of the boosters were friends with Fritz.....therefore the money really comes from the boosters, so they got who they wanted...a good ole' friend. Sam Houston was scared to lose him in a couple years for a better job.

He is a great coach and has very good ties with recruiting so Tech would do great with him. But I do agree that once Sumlin leaves Houston, Phillips will be the first to be interviewed for the HC at Houston. But I believe that Sumlin is waiting for the "right" job.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coogfan101 View Post
    I would be upset if Phillips left Houston, but also honored that other schools are considering him for a HC. Sam Houston wanted him to retain most of the assistants which Phillips did not want to do. The AD at SHSU really wanted him, but some of the boosters were friends with Fritz.....therefore the money really comes from the boosters, so they got who they wanted...a good ole' friend. Sam Houston was scared to lose him in a couple years for a better job.

He is a great coach and has very good ties with recruiting so Tech would do great with him. But I do agree that once Sumlin leaves Houston, Phillips will be the first to be interviewed for the HC at Houston. But I believe that Sumlin is waiting for the "right" job.

Well Sumlin just got a fat contract extension so I expect to see him hanging around for a while longer.

Thanks for clarifying the Sam Houston situation.

Puppy coogfan101 is an unknown

Yes he did, but his buyout is not that large...only $600K (which in football money, is nothing)!!!! The contract took over a month in negotiations so there is A LOT of stuff in it.
    http://blogs.chron.com/cougars/

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Dooley started with a 1 million buyout and it went down 250k each year after the first

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Can he sell the alumni and donors? I haven't seen him be very outgoing.
    Spang would absolutely jazz the player. However, you are right. I just don't think that he is the "salesman" that you need the head coach to be. He is very nice, just not a polished speaker.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Why don't we bring back Jim Oakes, hold a nationwide search and hire Chris Long?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    What ever happened to John Jenkins?
    I think he lives on my old block in Sherwood. He coached the Twisters for a season or two I think. I remember when his family moved in they came over to introduce themselves and after they left my Dad asked me "you know who that was, right?" The only other thing I remember about him was his lawn being overgrown a lot because he was off coaching in the Canadian league or somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Je...rican_football)

+ Reply to Thread