+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Focus Shifts to Todd Monken and Bowden!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Focus Shifts to Todd Monken and Bowden!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Monken could put together a great staff and it looks like moat of our recruits are holding firm. Knows x's and O's and most importantly, wants to be here. I hope the admin doesn't waste time.
    JL drop some Kragthorpe knowledge in the other thread

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

The thing I like about Monken is that he has been here before and he actually wants to come back and be the coach here. He might actually be the guy we are looking for that would stay and try to build something. From what I remember he is a pretty good recruiter as well. The rest of these guys would bail at the first big job offered IMO.

On the flip side I'm not too sure about his coaching. All the other guys have something to hang their hat on. Monken has plenty of experience but hasn't really done anything that stands out like the other guys have.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

I would like Monken if he were willing to take less and allow us to spend more on putting together a better offensive staff. We still haven't hired Conroy's replacement to my knowledge.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    The thing I like about Monken is that he has been here before and he actually wants to come back and be the coach here. . . .
    Don't know anything about him, but everyone's been posting like they want "new blood," so what's so different about him? Other previous /Tech coaches' names are mentioned and it's like, btdt. He's just that good?

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Conroy might come back.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72 View Post
    Conroy might come back.

We have got to quit putting his name on here. Someone is going to think you mean that. I like Monken or Applewhite, not Bowden.

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72 View Post
    Conroy might come back.
    Oh my ...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Applewhite
    Bowden
    Monken
    Kragthorpe

In that order for me.....

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

The more I think about it, the more I want Monken. Everywhere he has been the passing offense has been extremely high powered and the receivers have improved over what they had been doing previously. If we can keep the defensive coaches we have now and Monken gets our offense rolling we would be a tough team to beat for the next few years.

I certainly want him over Applewhite. He doesn't have enough experience, plus I just don't think a guy who just got out of his twenties would be an effective recruiter.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Applewhite
    Bowden
    Monken
    Kragthorpe

In that order for me.....
    Is Apllewhite still a chance? I so I agree 100% with your list. Him or Bowden would be huge.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Monken
    McElwain (if he was a serious prospect as per some rumors, otherwise move everyone else up one spot)
    Applewhite
    Phillips
    Spangler
    DeForest
    Last edited by hookdown; 01-18-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: To update preference list.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Bowden.

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Monken could put together a great staff and it looks like moat of our recruits are holding firm. Knows x's and O's and most importantly, wants to be here. I hope the admin doesn't waste time.

Why do you think Monken could put together a great staff or any better of a staff than the other candidates? (not doubting you, just trying to learn more about Monken) The fact that he "wants to be here" doesn't hold as much weight with me as it does with many others apparently. I do think he could inject some life into our crappy passing game and that is important to me. I'm tired of having a rec league passing game.

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

It's looking like Monken really wants this job. I would love to have Bowden, but Coach Monken really wants to be the HC for Tech. His ties with recruiting and overall energetic personality makes him very easy to like. Im on board with hiring Monken.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    It's looking like Monken really wants this job. I would love to have Bowden, but Coach Monken really wants to be the HC for Tech. His ties with recruiting and overall energetic personality makes him very easy to like. Im on board with hiring Monken.

Any chance he can talk Spangler into staying?

+ Reply to Thread