+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sound Familiar??

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Sound Familiar??

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Dooley will be fired at Tenn. in 3 years. You don't get a chance to build at big schools like Tenn., you better produce immediately, or you're gone. I'll laugh my ass off when gets canned.
    I agree Don -

Tenn better be loaded and UF, UGA and USC better have big falloffs if he wants the LSU job in two years
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Dooley will be fired at Tenn. in 3 years. You don't get a chance to build at big schools like Tenn., you better produce immediately, or you're gone. I'll laugh my ass off when gets canned.
    I concur. There's very few easy ones in the SEC. Dooley's weaknesses with X's and O's will be exposed rather quickly at that level.

HD

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I concur. There's very few easy ones in the SEC. Dooley's weaknesses with X's and O's will be exposed rather quickly at that level.

HD
    It's the major difference between he and Saban. He may have learned all of his recruiting and face-man tricks from Nick, but Saban is THE BEST defensive backs coach in the country and it isn't even close. Dooley doesn't have anything approaching that.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I agree Don -

Tenn better be loaded and UF, UGA and USC better have big falloffs if he wants the LSU job in two years

Several UT fans are already saying Dooley better win 10 games next year or they want him out. I know this sounds unreasonable, but welcome to the SEC and when you are not a "favorite" choice with the fans (see chizik) you better win immediately.

I remember Dooley making the comment while at Tech, that if the Georgia job were available, he would work there for free. This should tell you something- HE WANTS TO COACH AT GA!

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Hmm. Personally, I believe he will be MORE successful at Tennessee than he was here. He will have a support staff and the players to hide the blemishes in his technical coaching ability. I would think at that level Dooley would present his philosophy and pretty much oversee its implementation, leaving the Xs and Os (and actual hands-on coaching) to his coordinators/position coaches. As an administrator and custodian of the program, he will do well. Will all of this translate into wins? Only time will tell.

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post
    He would definitely leave for Georgia...
    I don't think he wants the Georgia gig. T-mo can probably attest to this better than I because he was around him more, but I sensed that he would get a little agitated when the talk of his dad came up, kinda like he wanted to establish his own name.

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67 View Post
    I don't think he wants the Georgia gig. T-mo can probably attest to this better than I because he was around him more, but I sensed that he would get a little agitated when the talk of his dad came up, kinda like he wanted to establish his own name.

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    I think some people call it ego.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67 View Post

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    Maybe so. It could also be a way to "outperform" his dad on the field... Young pup might want to prove something.

Personally I think that if he can survive at Tennessee he should hang on for as long as he can. Starting at $2.4m isn't too shabby.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Hmm. Personally, I believe he will be MORE successful at Tennessee than he was here. He will have a support staff and the players to hide the blemishes in his technical coaching ability. I would think at that level Dooley would present his philosophy and pretty much oversee its implementation, leaving the Xs and Os (and actual hands-on coaching) to his coordinators/position coaches. As an administrator and custodian of the program, he will do well. Will all of this translate into wins? Only time will tell.

I agree here. He will have a lot more resources at his disposal. I said on another thread that he received what sounded like equal boos and cheers when he was introduced at a UT basketball game. I hope he does really well. Wouldn't it be great if people had to start respecting TECH for the coaches we hire that leave for much bigger programs and have success. I won't lie, I hope we can get a successful guy who will stay a least a little while. However, what better claim can a small school have than to be a great judge of up and comers. Bigger schools will start taking us seriously.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I would think that if Dooley doesn't want to live in Daddy's shadow he doesn't want to live in Saint Nicks either.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I would think that if Dooley doesn't want to live in Daddy's shadow he doesn't want to live in Saint Nicks either.
    You can't hear his name without hearing Saban.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

He will have a radio show in 2 1/2 years but at least he will have 10 million bucks!

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I also think he'll do well at Tenn. For one, he will probably have a QB that can throw the football. I mean seriously, how many coaches would win with Jenkins at QB? Not many. Secondly, he will be able to land the recruits he couldn't land at Tech; players that fit his coaching style, such as big DTs. He will get big OLmen and DLmen which will allow him to run the ball and play solid defense, something that doesn't really fit in with the WAC.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    ...he will be able to land the recruits he couldn't land at Tech; players that fit his coaching style, such as big DTs. He will get big OLmen and DLmen which will allow him to run the ball and play solid defense, something that doesn't really fit in with the WAC.

Think he would ask some of those big ole DT's that are not going to play at UT to transfer to Tech???

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Think he would ask some of those big ole DT's that are not going to play at UT to transfer to Tech???
    If things work out with the new Tech coach I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't direct some recruits our way to keep them out of the SEC.:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread