+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tommy Bowden

Puppy cameroncrazy is an unknown

Tommy Bowden

I've heard a lot about Terry, but is Tommy out of the picture? He led Tulane to an Undefeated season in 1998, he's never had a losing season, and his overall record is 90-49. Is there any particular reason I'm not hearing his name in a lot of discussion?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Tommy Bowden

I like Tommy a lot better than Terry.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

The position of Head Coach at Tech should not be the first stop in the career path of a coach that was fired by another institution. Terry Bowden's return to the ranks of head coaches was not at a D-1 school, neither should Tommy's be, at least not at Tech.

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    The position of Head Coach at Tech should not be the first stop in the career path of a coach that was fired by another institution. Terry Bowden's return to the ranks of head coaches was not at a D-1 school, neither should Tommy's be, at least not at Tech.
    An arbitrary rule.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

This is part of an open letter to ECU supporters from AD Terry Holland:

4. The "retreads" are those former HEAD coaches with recognizable names who were dismissed from those position for not meeting either on-field expecations or off-field expectations. History tells us that regardless of whether the dismissal seemed fair or not, these individuals never seem to (perform?) again at the level they previously enjoyed again and many never return to coaching at all.

Think about it ... why are they still available after all the job openings with many institutions in desparate situations to hire good coaches? I do not believe every other institution is simply too blind to see the advantages. And, again, history tells us that they are unlikely to ever achieve at the same level. I am not willing to accept the limitation that the best we can hope for being less than they achieved previously.

As a side note, many assistant coaches, and even coordinators, have been fired and subsequently rehired and eventually have become good or great head coaches.

The entire letter can be read here:

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-f...011710aab.html

Very good move on his part. I wish our admin had done something similar!!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Terry Holland, thank you for saying what needed to be said!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Terry Holland, thank you for saying what needed to be said!
    He must have leaned all of that after John Thompson. He's merely stating the obvious.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    This is part of an open letter to ECU supporters from AD Terry Holland:

4. The "retreads" are those former HEAD coaches with recognizable names who were dismissed from those position for not meeting either on-field expecations or off-field expectations. History tells us that regardless of whether the dismissal seemed fair or not, these individuals never seem to (perform?) again at the level they previously enjoyed again and many never return to coaching at all.

Think about it ... why are they still available after all the job openings with many institutions in desparate situations to hire good coaches? I do not believe every other institution is simply too blind to see the advantages. And, again, history tells us that they are unlikely to ever achieve at the same level. I am not willing to accept the limitation that the best we can hope for being less than they achieved previously.

As a side note, many assistant coaches, and even coordinators, have been fired and subsequently rehired and eventually have become good or great head coaches.

The entire letter can be read here:

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-f...011710aab.html

Very good move on his part. I wish our admin had done something similar!!
    Totally agree:icon_wink:

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I hear a lot of talk about coaches and most are going to cost a lot of money. I'm also hearing we don't have a lot to spend. The big name coaches are going to say,
    "Show me the money!" I get the sinking feeling we are going to go the cheap route. Somebody tell me I'm wrong.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I hear a lot of talk about coaches and most are going to cost a lot of money. I'm also hearing we don't have a lot to spend. The big name coaches are going to say,
    "Show me the money!" I get the sinking feeling we are going to go the cheap route. Somebody tell me I'm wrong.
    You're WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11one

(feel better? )

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Fortunately, we're not. Be happy!

Puppy U-Dog is an unknown

A Day with the Bowdens
    http://www.terrybowden.com/Home.html

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U-Dog View Post
    Wow I see Terry is also a motivational speaker...

He does remind me a lot of another motivational speaker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcR7hr4LLQg

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncrazy View Post
    I've heard a lot about Terry, but is Tommy out of the picture? He led Tulane to an Undefeated season in 1998, he's never had a losing season, and his overall record is 90-49. Is there any particular reason I'm not hearing his name in a lot of discussion?
    Who is your avatar? It's wierder than ParisDogs MJ.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Wow I see Terry is also a motivational speaker...

He does remind me a lot of another motivational speaker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcR7hr4LLQg
    Old news.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread