+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dooley lied to all of us (Important Read)

Puppy LaTechGrad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaTechGrad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaTechGrad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaTechGrad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaTechGrad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaTechGrad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaTechGrad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaTechGrad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaTechGrad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Dooley lied to all of us (Important Read)

I don't normally sign up on message boards, but I have here to get my message across. CDD lied to all of us La Tech fans. He told us he was going to be here for us and turn us around. There is no doubt in my mind that he would of turned us into the next Boise St after awhile and I know we would of beat LSU every other year in a few more years of CDD hard work. We have had all of our hard work dumped down the drain. There is not another great coach out there that will take this job because most people look at us as a joke school. We only get the left over recruits that were not good enough for the big time schools like where CDD left us for in Tennessee. If we do get another good coach, he'll just leave us too in a few years. I thought CDD was someone I could trust in. I though for certain he was going to be here for many years and turn us into something special.:bigcry:

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Dooley lied to all of us (Important Read)

You were played then. I think everyone knew he wasn't gonna be here long term. The man is getting paid 2.4 million. Who wouldn't leave for that kind if money? Stop panicing, Dooley left us with a good foundation and we will be fine if we hire a good coach. This is college football it's a business. We can still become a Boise St. its gonna take time. We are bigger then one coach. There are coaches that will take this job, and my point will hopefully be proven today or tomorrow.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

this poster sounds like a flamer than like a real Tech grad.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Post count = street cred. Joining and making this a first post is questionable at best. Using "(Important read)" in a thread title also screams out "FLAME".

If this is a flame, go away. If not, I understand the sentiments but they are misplaced since all of that is ancient history already. I don't like the timing, but if Tennessee could have hired any of its initial choices, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Dooley never "lied" about his career goals to anyone at Tech.

Ask yourself...if you were given the opportunity to take a job that is one of about ten jobs in the country that meets your definition of a "dream job" and earn 5 times the salary, would you take the job? If your answer is yes, you would do exactly what Dooley just did. If your answer is no, then besides questioning your sanity IMO you don't have what I want leading a Division I football program.

Puppy tshadow has turned a few heads around heretshadow has turned a few heads around here

I watched all the pressers and you guys seem to be in good hands w/ van de velde(sp?). Sorry about the guy who came on here talking about sec greatness... I thought about telling him to stfu but... too easy. I want to remain positive.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

OP sounds like someone from the vols board to me. If so, please grow up and move along. If you're really a tech grad, step away from the edge. I liked Dooley as well, and I think he's going to become a good head coach...but he's not the only one out there! With the right hire, Tech's in great shape to build on and improve on Dooley's work here.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Tech is receiving amazing nationwide interest and the next hire is going to be impressive and will a better x's and o's man than DD. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

This sentiment has been expressed by others, as well.

For those of you who believe Dooley lied to us, will someone please cite a specific reference for when Dooley said he was going to stay at Tech long term? I only recall comments about building the PROGRAM for the long term, which he fully backed up with action. I also recall his saying he liked Ruston and felt at home there, but you can like a place and still be open to other offers.

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Tech is receiving amazing nationwide interest and the next hire is going to be impressive and will a better x's and o's man than DD. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
    So.... who'd you hear from? I need info!
    BBB normally hooks me up with all the info I want and more, but the HC football info here (mostly lack-there-of) reminds me of the WW2 don't talk, they're listening.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

LaTech Grad = teatech?

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post

For those of you who believe Dooley lied to us, will someone please cite a specific reference for when Dooley said he was going to stay at Tech long term? I only recall comments about building the PROGRAM for the long term, which he fully backed up with action. I also recall his saying he liked Ruston and felt at home there, but you can like a place and still be open to other offers.
    I can't blame him, but I will say if he would have stayed another year at least we would have had a solid recruiting class, and probably a nice number of wins to leave us with. Not that he hadn't helped us, but I don't think we saw too much change in that to be honest i'm afraid this coaching change may seriously impede this important recruiting class, so much that we might revert... I hope this is unfounded paranoia. I just remember Hawaii last year and this year, I'm rather afraid of losing that lineman, we need big names, fast.

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post

Not to throw gas on the fire... But i so remember Dooley stating that he was "here for the long haul.". Now I don't remember where this was.... But I do remember it.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by littleshoe View Post
    Not to throw gas on the fire... But i so remember Dooley stating that he was "here for the long haul.". Now I don't remember where this was.... But I do remember it.

Of course we all have a different definition of what the "long haul" is. Some are longer than others... :icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechGrad View Post
    I don't normally sign up on message boards, but I have here to get my message across. CDD lied to all of us La Tech fans. He told us he was going to be here for us and turn us around. There is no doubt in my mind that he would of turned us into the next Boise St after awhile and I know we would of beat LSU every other year in a few more years of CDD hard work. We have had all of our hard work dumped down the drain. There is not another great coach out there that will take this job because most people look at us as a joke school. We only get the left over recruits that were not good enough for the big time schools like where CDD left us for in Tennessee. If we do get another good coach, he'll just leave us too in a few years. I thought CDD was someone I could trust in. I though for certain he was going to be here for many years and turn us into something special.:bigcry:
    You're just a poor excuse of a flamer. Not very smart are you?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Some are longer than others... :icon_wink:
    TWSS

+ Reply to Thread