+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whatever happens......

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle

Whatever happens......

When a new coach IS named, EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE needs to make this board look exactly like Tennessee's when DD was announced as THEIR new guy.

Every candidate has weaknesses, skeletons and maybe some mistresses along the way. All of that has to be set aside immediately and buried on these boards after the choice is made.

We need to embrace whoever is named as OUR GUY, because he will be JUST THAT! OUR GUY! OUR guy is the ONLY guy who has a chance to take us to the Promised Land in the near future.

The decision will not be ours, but he will be OUR GUY. It will be to no advantage to bad mouth the decision, the coach or his ability to do or not do ANYTHING.

Although DD was not THEIR guy, the TN boards I saw lit up with almost 100% support for DD after they saw his press conference. And it was amazing. He was THIER GUY and they embraced him sight unseen.

We MUST do the same, even though 65-75% of us may not be happy. Only backing from 100% of our fan base will work if we want to continue to the next level.

Anyone NOT agree?

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Re: Whatever happens......

I don't really think this will be a problem.

Varsity Bulldog DAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to behold

Agreed!
    Quote Originally Posted by HounDoggy1 View Post
    When a new coach IS named, EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE needs to make this board look exactly like Tennessee's when DD was announced as THEIR new guy.

Every candidate has weaknesses, skeletons and maybe some mistresses along the way. All of that has to be set aside immediately and buried on these boards after the choice is made.

We need to embrace whoever is named as OUR GUY, because he will be JUST THAT! OUR GUY! OUR guy is the ONLY guy who has a chance to take us to the Promised Land in the near future.

The decision will not be ours, but he will be OUR GUY. It will be to no advantage to bad mouth the decision, the coach or his ability to do or not do ANYTHING.

Although DD was not THEIR guy, the TN boards I saw lit up with almost 100% support for DD after they saw his press conference. And it was amazing. He was THIER GUY and they embraced him sight unseen.

We MUST do the same, even though 65-75% of us may not be happy. Only backing from 100% of our fan base will work if we want to continue to the next level.

Anyone NOT agree?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Me neither -

There will be a few grumbles initially - but then by the press conference he will be the greatest thing since coke-cola....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

I think it all depends on who the coach is. If it's Scelfo then watch out. But in general I agree everything should be fine.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough

I really think it WILL be a problem if one of the four favored candidates in the poll are not picked....thus the reason for this post. Our recruits will be watching us as well and they may bail if we're seen in disarray.

There is a lot of passion for each of these guys, including my own for Terry Bowden, who seems to have ALL the tools we need....the complete package.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

I really think it WILL be a problem if one of the four favored candidates in the poll are not picked....thus the reason for this post. Our recruits will be watching us as well and they may bail if we're seen in disarray.

There is a lot of passion for each of these guys, including my own for Terry Bowden, who seems to have ALL the tools we need....the complete package.
    But you realize you are talking to the fans that care and usually are pretty knowledgable. As you stated earlier, this will be our guy, better or worse. Go back and look at the Dooley hiring, most of us were on board fairly quickly with a relatively unknown prospect and generally nobody's #1 pick.

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

I don't think it'll be a problem...causing descension with the "I told ya so" or "we'd be better if..." will only stifle the progress made over the past 3 years...obviously, we want to proceed forward.

But you realize you are talking to the fans that care and usually are pretty knowledgable. As you stated earlier, this will be our guy, better or worse. Go back and look at the Dooley hiring, most of us were on board fairly quickly with a relatively unknown prospect and generally nobody's #1 pick.
    A point here is the CLASS the TN faithful have shown when given a relative unknown (to them). We are no better than they and should show the SAME initial support AND CLASS.

A point here is the CLASS the TN faithful have shown when given a relative unknown (to them). We are no better than they and should show the SAME initial support AND CLASS.
    My point here is that with the only coaching hire that I have observed on this board, we were classy and supportive of the hire.

Awww come on, can't you let me have the upper hand and the last say as a self-appointed EXPERT on the matter of iniitial fan support?? :bigcry:

Nah...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Good post Houndoggy. This will ONLY be a problem if Cool Hand Clyde gets the job.

I know Clyde applied for the job, but I trust that our leadership can do better. :icon_wink:

HD

Puppy ldawg0123 is an unknown ldawg0123's Avatar

Im sure we will be happy with whoever they hire... I just wish the hire would happen sooner than later so I can stop being so anxious.

Nah...

boo hoo! I'll show you!!! I'm going to tell Terry Bowden's wife not to let you help decorate his new office. So THERE!!

+ Reply to Thread