+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I want to know...

Puppy bootstrap seems to have something between the earsbootstrap seems to have something between the earsbootstrap seems to have something between the earsbootstrap seems to have something between the earsbootstrap seems to have something between the earsbootstrap seems to have something between the earsbootstrap seems to have something between the ears

I want to know...

...how much is your hope waning for a great hire?

What about USC's string of recently released coaches?

How bad of an idea would it be to hire Spangler or Scelfo for 1-2 years?

Thing is, with a coaching staff in place (minus the few DD took)....potential HCs who can't fully staff their team is a tough sell. Unless they allow the new HC to disband the current coaches, which could be detrimental to the health of the team/recruiting season. Hiring one of our coordinators (my vote would go to Spangler if it came to that) for a season or two would give us time to complete the new facility and allow the coaches to build on DDs foundation. On the other hand it may look like a step backward? (ps.....with Steele apparently turning down the Tenn DC job, I wonder if DD will go after Spangler again).

Thoughts? Flames? Green balls?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: I want to know...

Hiring Spangler would be good. Hiring Scelfo would not be good.

I like looking beyond the horizons of Ruston for head coaches and high-ranking university positions (Prez, VP, etc.).

I completely agree that the new coach should have control over hiring his own staff. I feel pretty confident that he would keep a guy like Spangler, but that choice should be his. We have always tried to force incoming coaches to keep a few of our coaches on his staff and I think that has hurt us sometimes. Plus, you never know when a new coach might bring in the next Buddy Ryan as his DC.

+ Reply to Thread