+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Press Conference Feedback

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Press Conference Feedback

First, Bruce Van De Valde is a very polished and effective communicator. Please promote him to the permanent AD post NOW!

As for Sonny Dykes, WOW! He's a good communicator too. Very articulate, and very "people" oriented. To me, he came across as much more sincere than D Dooley ever was. I can already see how Dykes will be a great recruiter in living rooms across the south.

Dykes confirmed that he will run the "spread" offense, and will be recruiting "speed" above all else. He said he will be busy hiring assistant coaches over the next few days. He also menitoned that LA Tech has 23 commits, and so far all have hung with us.

One slipup.....when reeling off some of Tech's most famous QB names, he called Luke McCown "Lance McCowan". But that's okay......I'm sure he was told to reference Luke, as well as some of our other former players. A lot has happend to this guy in the last 48 hours, I'm sure it's difficult to remember everything.

From what I heard, I'm very happy with this hire.

HD

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Re: Press Conference Feedback

I agree and am ready to see us start throwing the ball again

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

+1 everything HD said.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Another note from the press conference:

Bruce Van De Valde said Sonny Dykes was the ONLY candidate to be offered the job. :icon_wink:

HD

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    First, Bruce Van De Valde is a very polished and effective communicator. Please promote him to the permanent AD post NOW!

As for Sonny Dykes, WOW! He's a good communicator too. Very articulate, and very "people" oriented. To me, he came across as much more sincere than D Dooley ever was. I can already see how Dykes will be a great recruiter in living rooms across the south.

Dykes confirmed that he will run the "spread" offense, and will be recruiting "speed" above all else. He said he will be busy hiring assistant coaches over the next few days. He also menitoned that LA Tech has 23 commits, and so far all have hung with us.

One slipup.....when reeling off some of Tech's most famous QB names, he called Luke McCown "Lance McCowan". But that's okay......I'm sure he was told to reference Luke, as well as some of our other former players. A lot has happend to this guy in the last 48 hours, I'm sure it's difficult to remember everything.

HD
    After hearing Bruce I don't want him anymore. Redundancy is a bad sign in a speaker. Please find a new AD.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

He sounded like a football catch
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I want to know who the 23 commits are.

Big Dog dch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    After hearing Bruce I don't want him anymore. Redundancy is a bad sign in a speaker. Please find a new AD.
    I hope this is sarcasm...

The best line from the speech: "We are going to be a little like Texas Tech, without locking the guys in the closest."

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm excited. I really think this guy can come in and win right away. Especially if he can keep most of the guys we have already committed. I am also excited to see a high flying offense return to Tech.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

23 commitments? I thought we had 18 or 19, sounds like some from Zona might be coming with him.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    23 commitments? I thought we had 18 or 19, sounds like some from Zona might be coming with him.
    No, sounds like some of our commits were being kept a secret.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Don't read too much into it. We probably had a few commitments we didn't know about but he hasn't been around the program long enough to know about all the commitments.

Actually, I think we have some commits that our BB&B braintrust isn't aware of. Dykes specifically made a reference to Dooley's staff doing a good job of "holding on to the 23 commits"......

HD

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

HD

I will have to respectfully, but strongly disagree with you about BVD. As for Sonny-D, congrats and glad to have you in Ruston.

Bulldog viator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her game

They only thing that really caught my attention was when Sonny mentioned "his stay here", which conertns me a bit but what woudl you expect with a coach of this caliber? If he wins WAC he may not stay as long as Dooley Did. Maybe he's in it for the long haul, but that while they are on their stay here caught my attention. Maybe he wants to make this a special program and evelvate it to BCS Bowl one day. I'll be in his heart this is one of his goals. I can see it happening if we keep him around, continue with the recruiting, and more importantly the LTAC needs more money to help make it happen. Ahhh, living my Tech dream for 42 years. I can wait until they get on the field and air it out and kick some ass

+ Reply to Thread