View Poll Results: Is Sonny Dykes>> Derek Dooley?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

45 25.28%
  • no

10 5.62%
  • Have to Wait and See

123 69.10%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Sonny Dykes>> Derek Dooley?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Is Sonny Dykes>> Derek Dooley?

Quote Originally Posted by viator27 View Post
    Any suggestions on what I can do with this gameball from our win over Miss. St. signed by Dooley that I paid $500 for? It was a big win indeed!!! Many more to come with Dykes.
    Hold on to it, since it's an actual Tech game ball, and Dooley was the head coach in the game. Now a signed photo of Dooley......well.......

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I hope we go 12-0 and Tennessee goes 0-12.
    "Hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned".

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post

Ya beat me to it

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Funny, the poll show 2/3 of us have a wait and see attitude. DD did that to us.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Its wayyy to early to be having this poll.
    Maybe, but if we waited until we knew the answer, it wouldn't really be worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Had he arrived when Dooley did, he would not have jumpstarted our entire athletic program like Dooley did.
    That may be up for debate, but that's a good point. You have to consider Dooley's entire affect. Even if Dykes is a better coach, would he have gotten the vision together for us? Dooley may be the reason we were able to to hire Dykes. OR, it could be that Reneau changed his mind about what he wanted out of athletics. It's a tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by bentondawg View Post
    If Dykes > Dooley = why didn't Tennessee hire him instead of Dooley???
    Just my opinion, but there were many more qualified individuals than Dooley. But, for what it's worth, I think Tennessee and Tech have different qualifications for a head coach.

Last year really disappointed me. I understand the argument that Dooley wasn't stocked with "his" recruits yet, but it appears to me that Idaho and Utah St both have made significant improvements against us in the same time frame.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    I don't like the way he treated Tech like something he had to scrape off the bottom of his shoe really fast. In retrospect I don't like some of the comments his mama and daddy made about Tech. I don't like some of the things I've heard about him as a person which I disregarded before. I don't like his dismissal of our players at his press conference. I don't like his googly crossed eyes.

He didn't scorn me. He scorned US. And now it's very possible he has very bad juju and a curse on his a$$.
    Last edited by Dawgmatic; 01-22-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

If Dooley wins games at Tenn. that wait a while and sell to one of their fans for $1500

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Otherwise, just hold onto it and give it to whatever Tech fan can be prove he had the lowest income last year. Maybe auction it for your favorite charity. Most of us would love to have a Tech game ball, and if it isn't signed by Joe Aillett, the signature of the rest really doesn't matter.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Coach Aillett became Tech head coach the year I was born and was head coach two years after I earned my master's degree. Now that was a true Tech coach. As far as I know, my father never met Aillett, but he did talk about knowing Grambling's world-beating head coach. Maybe Coach Aillett drank Community dark roast. Dad sold Standard coffee's dark roast to Eddie Robinson before Aillett was hired by Tech.
    Life is all about dark-roast coffee, file gumbo and purple-hull peas and the women who cook it up.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    Coach Aillett became Tech head coach the year I was born and was head coach two years after I earned my master's degree. Now that was a true Tech coach. As far as I know, my father never met Aillett, but he did talk about knowing Grambling's world-beating head coach. Maybe Coach Aillett drank Community dark roast. Dad sold Standard coffee's dark roast to Eddie Robinson before Aillett was hired by Tech.
    Life is all about dark-roast coffee, file gumbo and purple-hull peas and the women who cook it up.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I voted "wait and see". On paper, Dykes is much better. Completely different styles, though. How long will it take us to adjust to a whole new scheme? Dooley was a leader and we needed that. Now, it is time to have a great football coach take us further. Sonny appears to be that person.

Big Dog 8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game

much better for the players for sure.. been told he is very "approachable".
    DD did some very good things for the program as a whole. SD will bring the football program where it needs to be. we as fans will be pleased.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I don't like the way he treated Tech like something he had to scrape off the bottom of his shoe really fast. In retrospect I don't like some of the comments his mama and daddy made about Tech. I don't like some of the things I've heard about him as a person which I disregarded before. I don't like his dismissal of our players at his press conference. I don't like his googly crossed eyes.

He didn't scorn me. He scorned US. And now it's very possible he has very bad juju and a curse on his a$$.
    Strong post!

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

We will not know until January 2013 if he is better...give it a rest

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    We will not know until January 2013 if he is better...give it a rest
    Oh, we will know long before that time. I voted wait and see but would have like the category I certainly hope so. And there is no reason to give it a rest - this is the stuff forums were made for. We can ride this horse long after its death.

You go Dawgmatic!

+ Reply to Thread