+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2010 Starting QB?

Big Dog 8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game

Re: 2010 Starting QB?

[quote=HogDawg;874619]I'm not so sure Dykes' offense will help Jenkins. READING defenses is not Jenkins' strong suit. And the spread is all about READING defensive alignments and finding preferred matchups.

I agree that pure "arm strength" becomes less important in the spread, but the ability to read defenses and throw accurate passes are vital. Ross struggles with both of these.

Oh tho of little knowledge.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=8411;875113]
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm not so sure Dykes' offense will help Jenkins. READING defenses is not Jenkins' strong suit. And the spread is all about READING defensive alignments and finding preferred matchups.

I agree that pure "arm strength" becomes less important in the spread, but the ability to read defenses and throw accurate passes are vital. Ross struggles with both of these.

And do it quickly, which Jenkins has shown he cannot do.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Dykes would be crazy to waste a year on Jenkins. Too many negatives to develop a kid for one year.

Negatives:
    Release too slow
    Indecisive
    Arm Strength
    May Know the Offense but reluctant to let it lose

Positives:
    Team Leader

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Dykes would be crazy to waste a year on Jenkins. Too many negatives to develop a kid for one year.

Negatives:
    Release too slow
    Indecisive
    Arm Strength
    May Know the Offense but reluctant to let it lose

Positives:
    Team Leader

anther positive, as others have said, is that he can take a hit and get back up.

Puppy 87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears

And I guess we wont know if the others can take a hit ...until they play and actually get hit.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 87dawg View Post
    And I guess we wont know if the others can take a hit ...until they play and actually get hit.

Oh, I completely agree. I was just adding that as one more thing we already know about RJ.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Even when he went for 340 and ran for close to another 100 in the title game? I dunno man. That's pretty beast.
    Wow! If that doesn't impress folks, maybe they need to be basketball fans instead.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

[quote=8411;875113]
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm not so sure Dykes' offense will help Jenkins. READING defenses is not Jenkins' strong suit. And the spread is all about READING defensive alignments and finding preferred matchups.

Yes. You need some.

HD

[quote=glm47;875127]
    Quote Originally Posted by 8411 View Post

And do it quickly, which Jenkins has shown he cannot do.
    Exactly.

HD

Puppy Bulldog_and_texanfaninwv is just really niceBulldog_and_texanfaninwv is just really niceBulldog_and_texanfaninwv is just really niceBulldog_and_texanfaninwv is just really niceBulldog_and_texanfaninwv is just really niceBulldog_and_texanfaninwv is just really niceBulldog_and_texanfaninwv is just really niceBulldog_and_texanfaninwv is just really niceBulldog_and_texanfaninwv is just really niceBulldog_and_texanfaninwv is just really niceBulldog_and_texanfaninwv is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeedawg View Post
    It won't be a true freshman .
    Well, hopefully it will be whoever is best.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

The spread is a completely different system than what we have seen under Dooley. Our passing game has been a slow developing process that gives the opponents time to cover our receivers. In the spread you have to get rid of the ball quickly and it's usually only 5-6 yards from the line of scrimmage and the receiver and QB usually know who is going to get the ball. It was fun watching that Texas Tech offense and I can't wait for the first game next year. I'll be very surprised if Jenkins is not our starter. I think he will really flourish in this type offense. We're going to have those other teams back on their heals on every play. Then when they think they've figured it out, we'll hit them up the middle with those 2 big RBs.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    The spread is a completely different system than what we have seen under Dooley. Our passing game has been a slow developing process that gives the opponents time to cover our receivers. In the spread you have to get rid of the ball quickly and it's usually only 5-6 yards from the line of scrimmage and the receiver and QB usually know who is going to get the ball. It was fun watching that Texas Tech offense and I can't wait for the first game next year. I'll be very surprised if Jenkins is not our starter. I think he will really flourish in this type offense. We're going to have those other teams back on their heals on every play. Then when they think they've figured it out, we'll hit them up the middle with those 2 big RBs.
    Not only on their heels because of our new offense, but because we will have new faces like Tim Molton and Ahmad Paige lighting up the score board!

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't see Jenkins "flourishing" in any offense.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    Not only on their heels because of our new offense, but because we will have new faces like Tim Molton and Ahmad Paige lighting up the score board!
    Wow how things can change in just a few short weeks..had to be great to hear of the sonny D hire if you are a tech WR

+ Reply to Thread