+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DJ leaves school

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: DJ leaves school

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    not me!!
    We knew it wasn't you for sure Mike. Man, this a sad case. I know I was hard headed back in those young years as well but I hope I wasn't that bad.

Varsity Bulldog dascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    It is really too bad no one knows the true story of DJ. His mom is sick but the truth is he in Utah right now and hasnt even gone up to canada to see his mother yet who is really sick. Instead he is in Utah trying to figure out how to go pro overseas he didnt want to be in school anymore. He didnt like going to school at all and decided to use his mother as the reason why he was leaving school when the fact is he just is trying to get paid. He never was going to go to tech unless they paid him too and tech wouldnt do that for him this is just a kid who thought he was bigger then school and was done playing for free. It is sad story because a lot of people reached out to him to try and tell him he was doing the wrong thing but he wouldnt listen because his AAU coach who he has known forever and who DJ trusts told him get paid. DJ is a sad story of someone who is really a good kid that didnt like school and had the wrong people behind him. Lets just hope for him he doesnt end up with nothing.
    Something doesn't make sense here. Why would his AAU coach tell him to leave school to go pro instead of going to Louisiana Tech?

Isn't this the same AAU coach that has sent one his best players (Olu) to La Tech and another player (Yonas) and another who signed and didn't qualify (Juevol Myles).

Let's just say that his AAU coach was just after money like you say he is. Doesn't DJ stand to make more money playing pro ball by going to a Division 1 school for a year or two? DJ does have the choice of going to almost any school in the country.

Also,you said that DJ wasn't going to come to Tech unless he was paid. I'm sure some school out there would pay DJ to attend their school, this happens at many Division 1 schools. Surely a player of DJ's magnitude can get this done at some school.

Too many holes in this story.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

When I have interviewed Ro Russell in the past, he said DJ only played in one or two games with Grassroots. He wasnt a part of his team.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dascoop View Post
    Something doesn't make sense here. Why would his AAU coach tell him to leave school to go pro instead of going to Louisiana Tech?

Isn't this the same AAU coach that has sent one his best players (Olu) to La Tech and another player (Yonas) and another who signed and didn't qualify (Juevol Myles).

Let's just say that his AAU coach was just after money like you say he is. Doesn't DJ stand to make more money playing pro ball by going to a Division 1 school for a year or two? DJ does have the choice of going to almost any school in the country.

Also,you said that DJ wasn't going to come to Tech unless he was paid. I'm sure some school out there would pay DJ to attend their school, this happens at many Division 1 schools. Surely a player of DJ's magnitude can get this done at some school.

Too many holes in this story.
    "WHO" sounds like the sad LSU fan that came on here and trashed DJ after he switched to Tech.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares. If the dude wants to quit school to go make really good money, so be it. Don't knock him for that. If he used his mom as an excuse, then that's crappy, but let's not act like choosing to go pro is a bad decision. Anyone that says it is or degrades him for this has never played sports. Also, money is money. If someone offered you a job while in college that would pay you 100k a year, most would drop classes in a heartbeat.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    "WHO" sounds like the sad LSU fan that came on here and trashed DJ after he switched to Tech.
    I was thinking the same thing. I personally don't know what the story is, but I don't know "who" from Adam and being that the first I've seen him post was when he called a former commits character into question, I'll go ahead and put him in the "credibility yet to be determined" file.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy who seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the ears

he was recruited by nikta johnson and his aau coach is ro rusell he runs the canada grassroots program.. I wont say why he is in utah thats personal. but it is where he is right now.. he is a honestly a good kid with a messed up mindset because of his aau coach. The saddest part is right now he doesnt have any good pro offers despite what anyone may say really sad to me. I am right word for word with everything i say if you dont think what i say is true its ok you dont have to i am just speaking the truth.

Puppy who seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the earswho seems to have something between the ears

also if russell said that DJ only played 1 or 2 games for him that would be the biggest lie in the world DJ was listed by RO RUSSELL in a article as one of 5 Canada grassroots all time greats and players who played 3 tournys like jonny flynn and paul harris werent listed on that list DJ played for him since the 9th grade buddy I dont think you know what your talking about or RO lied too you badly. I know everything there is to no about the Canada grassroots. and I no a lot about russell and DJ

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

but you don't no how to spell know...

I forgot to check it before I posted don't get mad at me for exposing the ugly truth

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Its all good, we're over it.

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    When I have interviewed Ro Russell in the past, he said DJ only played in one or two games with Grassroots. He wasnt a part of his team.
    So Jay, if the starters are getting 90% of the minutes now (with the seniors), is the outlook for next year that questionable?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Aussierules1985 View Post
    So Jay, if the starters are getting 90% of the minutes now (with the seniors), is the outlook for next year that questionable?
    I think it's like DFM has stated, "just enjoy this year while we can guys".

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aussierules1985 View Post
    Part of the problem deals with Redding developing slowly and Brandon Gibson's injury. The outlook will be determined by the guys we bring in next year (Josh Brown can solve a lot of woes by being a star). Brandon Gibson possibly would have been the 6th man this year. Maybe David Jackson but who needs to go out of the game would have made an impact on that.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I think it's like DFM has stated, "just enjoy this year while we can guys".
    Yes and No. Right now, with the apparent loss of D.J., we could fall off next year.

However, success usually begets success. We are currently in the midst of our best season in years and should have at least one player drafted in April.

Our signing class is pretty decent, even without D.J. I would not be surprised if we pick up a couple of high quality players to finish out this class. If so, this group will have laid the groundwork for a true resurgence of Dawg basketball. I will still just try to enjoy the remainder of this year.

+ Reply to Thread