+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WR Corp

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: WR Corp

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I seriously doubt we throw the ball 60 to 70 times a game.
    Don't be so sure. In yesterday's press conference, Sonny Dykes clearly said we were going to "run an offense very similar to Texas Tech's". Okay....if that's the case, then let's look at Texas Tech and see what we can expect:

Texas Tech's 5-Year pass production:

Year Passes AVG
    2009 = 669 51
    2008 = 662 51
    2007 = 763 59
    2006 = 655 50
    2005 = 588 45

5-Yr Total = 3,337 passes
    Divided by 64 games played = 52.14 passes per game

Since the 5-yr average was 52 passes per game, there were obviously many occassions where TX Tech threw more than 60 passes per game, especially in the year 2007 when Tech averaged 59 passes per game.

Things are about to get radically different in Ruston.

HD

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Arizona's 3 Year pass production

2009 = 484 - 37 per
    2008 = 412 - 31 per
    2007 = 532- 44 per

3 year total = 1428 passes for an average of 37.5 a game...

We may not see a complete air offense.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

My guess is that we will see a 60 / 40 split. At 75 plays that will be 45 passes to 30 runs.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I thought it was interesting yesterday that Dykes compared our new offense to Texas Tech's and NOT Arizona's.....especially since he was just coming from Arizona. If was as if he thinks LA Tech needs the "great equalizer" (his words) spread offense worse than a more talented Arizona team does.

HD

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I thought it was interesting yesterday that Dykes compared our new offense to Texas Tech's and NOT Arizona's.....especially since he was just coming from Arizona. If was as if he thinks LA Tech needs the "great equalizer" (his words) spread offense worse than a more talented Arizona team does.

HD

I know...I'm just hoping it resembles AZ and not TX Tech. That's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I know...I'm just hoping it resembles AZ and not TX Tech. That's just me.
    Actually, I agree with you. One of the things I've always respected about Boise State is the fact that BSU runs pretty close to 50/50 passes vs runs.

HD

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeedawg View Post
    Where do you think Eric Harper fits in?
    Since nobody else answered you I will.:icon_wink: Don't know where he fits in but I do know this, he is the best athlete on the team. With a little practice, dude could blow up like D-Mo at TE.

Varsity Bulldog cherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    Since nobody else answered you I will.:icon_wink: Don't know where he fits in but I do know this, he is the best athlete on the team. With a little practice, dude could blow up like D-Mo at TE.
    Saw flashes of it at BR. He could either be a great TE or a James Jordan type receiver - guy is big, fast, and pretty decent hands, too. Could be a real beast in Dyke's system.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    My guess is that we will see a 60 / 40 split. At 75 plays that will be 45 passes to 30 runs.
    Thats what I'm hoping.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Don't be so sure. In yesterday's press conference, Sonny Dykes clearly said we were going to "run an offense very similar to Texas Tech's".

HD
    I wouldn't read too much into those comments as it pertains to his Tx Tech offense vs. the Arizona offense. Most casual fans are more familiar with Tx Tech's offense, thus it makes for a much clearer point of reference. Bottom line is that we are going to be opening up the passing game.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    I would really like that. I really don't want to see is throw 60-70 times a game and abandon the run. Our RBs are too good for that.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Since the 5-yr average was 52 passes per game, there were obviously many occassions where TX Tech threw more than 60 passes per game

HD
    Doesn't that also mean there were many occasions where Texas Tech threw the ball less than 44 times per game?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Doesn't that also mean there were many occasions where Texas Tech threw the ball less than 44 times per game?
    Careful PJ. You're still in high school so I can only imagine how little you must really know about athletics.

...or math for that matter.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

In the interview with Malcom at half time of the Lady Techsters game last night, Sonny indicated that he wouldn't be throwing the ball 60-70 times a game.

If I remember correctly one of the points he made was that the defense needs practice against the run, which they wouldn't get if the offense is going to pass on every down.

From what I understood, he is looking for balance between the run and the pass even though it is a spread offense.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    Wow--you are so right Cowpoke--Harper is a fantastic athlete that can do anything! It is going to be fun watching Coach Dykes USE this great talent.

+ Reply to Thread