+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dooley wants Stanton

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Dooley wants Stanton

http://www.lufkindailynews.com/sport...2/stanton.html

"I met Coach Dooley, and yes, that does (factor into the decision) because he wanted me and when he moved he decided to take me with him if I commit there," Stanton said.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

Re: Dooley wants Stanton

figures

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Low class if you ask me.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

The unwritten rule, and this is why a lot of folks came down on Kiffin and O, is that coaches do not contact kids they have recruited to take them to the new school. If the recruit decides to contact the coach and go to the new school then that is another thing entirely. The key is is whether Dooley contacted him first about going to Tennessee.

I have not faulted Dooley at all so far, but if he starts taking Tech commits, then I have real problems with that. Not like he really needs them to be successful next year. Stanton could be a significant part of our offense next year, he will not be at Tennessee.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Wow....TN should be above a JUCO RB who is committed to a NONAQ school. Without a DC and now looking at LATECH recruits???? I scratch my head.....

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

If DD initiated the contact after he knew he was going to UT then that's definitely not right and flies in the face of everything DD ever said about character, etc. Judging from the boys comments that may be the case. If the boy contacted DD then that just goes with the territory, and there is some solace in the fact that we made a pre-emptive strike on this front last year when we snagged Lennon Creer.

Puppy techlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nice

I doubt there are more than 1 or 2 commits that Dooley would take to Tennessee. Likely there are none. Not meant to demean our commits at all but the SEC schools have not offered these young men scholarships, a WAC school has. There are reasons why.

I would expect 90-95% of our commits to remain with us IF Dykes decides to honor the offers Dooley made them. Much of the discussion going on between Dykes and the current coaches fill him in on the qualities of our commits and then he determines if those qualities meet his vision of what type of player fits his grand plan.

If you listened closely to the press conference he mentioned speed. Speed is the single most important factor for the football he plans to bring here. I guarantee you he knew the 40 times of these commits within hours of taking this job.

The point is not whether we can keep our commits, the question is whether Dykes wants to keep them. And that is a tightrope walk for him too because he doesn't want to go back on the offers made by the previous staff to these athletes. Such is part of the problems of being hired when he was hired.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Due to the stage of the game, I would think that Dykes' focus is to keep the current commitments regardless of their attributes. We still have slots open. Any players that Dykes wants he can still get without dropping a current commitment.

Varsity Bulldog FWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her gameFWDAWG is on top of his/her game

Just lost a lot of respect for Dooley.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techlover View Post
    I doubt there are more than 1 or 2 commits that Dooley would take to Tennessee. Likely there are none. Not meant to demean our commits at all but the SEC schools have not offered these young men scholarships, a WAC school has. There are reasons why.

I would expect 90-95% of our commits to remain with us IF Dykes decides to honor the offers Dooley made them. Much of the discussion going on between Dykes and the current coaches fill him in on the qualities of our commits and then he determines if those qualities meet his vision of what type of player fits his grand plan.

If you listened closely to the press conference he mentioned speed. Speed is the single most important factor for the football he plans to bring here. I guarantee you he knew the 40 times of these commits within hours of taking this job.

The point is not whether we can keep our commits, the question is whether Dykes wants to keep them. And that is a tightrope walk for him too because he doesn't want to go back on the offers made by the previous staff to these athletes. Such is part of the problems of being hired when he was hired.
    Well, I think we know of one..... this is the one that I would have felt to be most likely to be targeted though.

I don't think it is a coincidence that he is the one that Dooley has talked to.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

If I am reading the Dykes offense correctly, Stanton probably would not be a FIT in the new scheme. Stanton may not be as big a loss as we might think. I can see the RB's in the Dykes spread being as much receivers as RB's but, when called on to run the ball, I would bet that Dykes goes for speed, quickness, great change-of-direction more than brute power. What do we do then for short yardage & goal-line? Please allow me to remind you that Charles "Quick Six" McDaniel, at 5'10"-175 was one of the great short-yardage & goal-line runners we have ever had. Why? Great quickness, speed, & the inate ability to find the goal-line. That's why he was called "Quick Six."
    We have those kind of RB's on our roster right now.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    If I am reading the Dykes offense correctly, Stanton probably would not be a FIT in the new scheme. Stanton may not be as big a loss as we might think. I can see the RB's in the Dykes spread being as much receivers as RB's but, when called on to run the ball, I would bet that Dykes goes for speed, quickness, great change-of-direction more than brute power. What do we do then for short yardage & goal-line? Please allow me to remind you that Charles "Quick Six" McDaniel, at 5'10"-175 was one of the great short-yardage & goal-line runners we have ever had. Why? Great quickness, speed, & the inate ability to find the goal-line. That's why he was called "Quick Six."
    We have those kind of RB's on our roster right now.
    Always insightful coach :icon_wink: Thanks Go Dawgs

Varsity Bulldog BigDog98 is just really niceBigDog98 is just really niceBigDog98 is just really niceBigDog98 is just really niceBigDog98 is just really niceBigDog98 is just really niceBigDog98 is just really niceBigDog98 is just really niceBigDog98 is just really niceBigDog98 is just really niceBigDog98 is just really nice

Didn't Tenn. just get one of the top rated running backs in the nation last year? I know they have two good backs already. You could only imagine how much playing time he would get at Tenn. next year

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Leaves one more scholarship to pick up a DT anyways.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

We don't know that he's leaving...we don't KNOW a whole lot right now. I'm just gonna wait it out and see what happens. I think we're fine with or without Stanton right now.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread