+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dooley wants Stanton

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Dooley wants Stanton

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Leaves one more scholarship to pick up a DT anyways.
    It's not like we were too full for a good DT like Byran Jones.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

We need a pounder for short yardage and to run the clock.

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    We need a pounder for short yardage and to run the clock.
    Under the old system. We don't know what Dykes needs. He does though and if he does decide he needs him I'm sure he'll pursue it.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    If I am reading the Dykes offense correctly, Stanton probably would not be a FIT in the new scheme. Stanton may not be as big a loss as we might think. I can see the RB's in the Dykes spread being as much receivers as RB's but, when called on to run the ball, I would bet that Dykes goes for speed, quickness, great change-of-direction more than brute power. What do we do then for short yardage & goal-line? Please allow me to remind you that Charles "Quick Six" McDaniel, at 5'10"-175 was one of the great short-yardage & goal-line runners we have ever had. Why? Great quickness, speed, & the inate ability to find the goal-line. That's why he was called "Quick Six."
    We have those kind of RB's on our roster right now.

There you go making sence again, sheessh.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

If I am reading the Dykes offense correctly, Stanton probably would not be a FIT in the new scheme. Stanton may not be as big a loss as we might think. I can see the RB's in the Dykes spread being as much receivers as RB's but, when called on to run the ball, I would bet that Dykes goes for speed, quickness, great change-of-direction more than brute power. What do we do then for short yardage & goal-line? Please allow me to remind you that Charles "Quick Six" McDaniel, at 5'10"-175 was one of the great short-yardage & goal-line runners we have ever had. Why? Great quickness, speed, & the inate ability to find the goal-line. That's why he was called "Quick Six."
    I don't know coach. "Quick Six" faced defenses that, overall, were much smaller and slower than today's defenses. The ability to pick up the tough, short yards near the goal line, and to do so over the course of an entire season without injury, requires a tough, pyhsical runner. Stanton fits that scheme.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I don't know coach. "Quick Six" faced defenses that, overall, were much smaller and slower than today's defenses. The ability to pick up the tough, short yards near the goal line, and to do so over the course of an entire season without injury, requires a tough, pyhsical runner. Stanton fits that scheme.
    He also had an offensive line that was "much smaller & slower than today's offensive lines." To me, it's all relative. You can do short-yardage & goal-line with backs that are considered small by today's standards but certainly not slow. In addition, I might agree with your "entire season without injury" premise IF we were talking about only 1 or even 2 RB's on our team that will be carrying the load. BUT, with 3 & probably 4 tough, physical RB's, although they may be on the small side, you can get the job done. All you have to do is look at Oregon & Oregon State & measure their results with "small but quick" RB's.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The hardest my bell was ever rung in football was by a running back that measured about 5' and 145#.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

"small but quick" RB's.
    But Big Mick, its all about the hair, don't let anyone tell you anything different -

Oh ya'll are talking running backs not REGAL BLUES....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy FreakinDeacon has turned a few heads around hereFreakinDeacon has turned a few heads around hereFreakinDeacon has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Wow....TN should be above a JUCO RB who is committed to a NONAQ school. Without a DC and now looking at LATECH recruits???? I scratch my head.....

He's looking at the players he knows because he doesn't know any of the kids in the Tennessee Region and doesn't have time (2 weeks til signing day) to start over.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

If I am reading the Dykes offense correctly, Stanton probably would not be a FIT in the new scheme. Stanton may not be as big a loss as we might think. I can see the RB's in the Dykes spread being as much receivers as RB's but, when called on to run the ball, I would bet that Dykes goes for speed, quickness,
    When I heard Dykes say that word SPEED I knew we had the right man because if there is a constant to our offense for the last few years it is they just never look as fast as whoever they are playing (Livas the exception of course) We have Creer and others coming on. Stanton was going to be a classic Dooley recruit- smash mouth brute force--like a tank. We need jets and missles - not tanks. If we get him fine, if not cya. Lets get some fast tall tight ends or a running back that loves to catch and can catch the ball on the screen.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, I'm not so sure the raider here isn't TCU instead of DD. Rivals is saying that TCU has now offered to Antonio Graves and that he is now considered a soft verbal. Before we jump all over DD, let's make sure we know who the real enemy is.

Varsity Bulldog FieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really nice FieldDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinDeacon View Post
    He's looking at the players he knows because he doesn't know any of the kids in the Tennessee Region and doesn't have time (2 weeks til signing day) to start over.

exactly, the guy is in a pickle over there. they are already where we were aspiring to go.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

It is going to be interesting. I am sure Dykes is extremely busy working this all out. I am not going to sweat it.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Guys, I'm not so sure the raider here isn't TCU instead of DD. Rivals is saying that TCU has now offered to Antonio Graves and that he is now considered a soft verbal. Before we jump all over DD, let's make sure we know who the real enemy is.
    Exactly its early to know the recruiting impact:icon_wink:

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    But Big Mick, its all about the hair, don't let anyone tell you anything different -

Oh ya'll are talking running backs not REGAL BLUES....

Short, quick RB's are great. But you need to balance that out with ltall, slim ones as well

+ Reply to Thread