+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Edwards

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Troy Edwards

I guess Troy's not in there cuz there are so many ahead of him that have not been enshrined either.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

According to maddawg it's because he aint a girl.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

And he had a habit of flipping off Tech boosters and telling them **** you during pre-game warm ups at away games -

Don't think he won any voters over by these actions -

And yes he did it and yes he did it on numerous occassions....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

Just 'cause you went to a school and went pro doesn't mean they have to honor you, or even reconize that you went there. Not putting TE in this category, but .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Maxwell
    l

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Graduation has never been a criteria for induction into the Hall of Fame. TSpoon and Karl Malone are examples. Also a number of coaches and benefactors who did not attend Tech. In my mind, serious consideration is always given to what athletes did after they completed their time at Tech. Did they support the university, gave back in time and talent, distinguish themselves in their chosen profession, exhibited personal character that current athletes can emulate, etc. I can think of at least five former athletes I would induct before Edwards.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    He was a pro after all. You can probably count how many guys in the NFL who aren't obnoxious on your fingers.
    Luke McCown
    Josh Scobee
    Ryan Moats
    Jonathan Holland
    Trevon Williams

I know I can count on one hand 5 who aren't obnoxious and they are all from Louisiana Tech and in the NFL right now. I'd be willing to bet I could come up with way more players in the NFL who aren't obnoxious than those who are.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Not trying to start a fight, but what are the criteria for the HOF? Is character one of them? Is post-Tech behavior and accomplishments part of it?

By the way, does one have to set up a time to visit it or can it be on a drop-in basis?

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And he had a habit of flipping off Tech boosters and telling them **** you during pre-game warm ups at away games -

Don't think he won any voters over by these actions -

And yes he did it and yes he did it on numerous occassions....
    He did it to me at a home game, during the game, after I hollered at him to put that energy he was showing on the sidelines on the field...since he had not been showing any on the field up to that point in the game. I was just a few rows up from the sidelines at the time.

I was stunned at first (as was everyone around me), but I've laughed about it for years...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    He did it to me at a home game, during the game, after I hollered at him to put that energy he was showing on the sidelines on the field...since he had not been showing any on the field up to that point in the game. I was just a few rows up from the sidelines at the time.

I was stunned at first (as was everyone around me), but I've laughed about it for years...
    I got the double barrelled salute in BHam when they played UAB and up at Jonesboro vs A-State...

I also got it at the Pit at MHS when he single handedly beat the Tide but atleast he was a Raider then....

He loved flipping the bird....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy topdawg is just really nicetopdawg is just really nicetopdawg is just really nicetopdawg is just really nicetopdawg is just really nicetopdawg is just really nicetopdawg is just really nicetopdawg is just really nicetopdawg is just really nice

Being in the hall of fame should not be just about whether or not you went pro. The only thing that matters is what you did (statistically) for the university you played for. Throw the politics out the window. Whether or not he flipped somebody off and used some foul language is a moot point. He's a football player that deserves to be put in the hall of fame (I'm sure there are others in front of him that deserve it too, as previously stated). What he did on the field with the ball in his hands should be the deciding factor. Whether or not you want to talk to the guy or let your kids hang around him is up to you.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Luke McCown
    Josh Scobee
    Ryan Moats
    Jonathan Holland
    Trevon Williams

I know I can count on one hand 5 who aren't obnoxious and they are all from Louisiana Tech and in the NFL right now. I'd be willing to bet I could come up with way more players in the NFL who aren't obnoxious than those who are.
    Yeah but that Lance McCowan gets on my last nerve.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

He loved being the best wide reciever in college football as well.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    Yeah but that Lance McCowan gets on my last nerve.
    Yeah, but Lance McCowan wore his hat straight at least!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Luke McCown
    Josh Scobee
    Ryan Moats
    Jonathan Holland
    Trevon Williams

Matt Stover

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I got the double barrelled salute in BHam when they played UAB and up at Jonesboro vs A-State...

I also got it at the Pit at MHS when he single handedly beat the Tide but atleast he was a Raider then....

He loved flipping the bird....
    I was going to ask about the context of this stuff. I guess BCSDAWG answered my question. I was trying to picture a Tech player just randomly flipping his own fans off while stretching or something.

Where you making "suggestions" to him at the time?

+ Reply to Thread