+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OC and DC Positions

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

OC and DC Positions

Two days after meeting with the coaches and we still do not have an OC and DC? Not sure what to think about this for Coach Dykes first order of business. I understand recruiting is a priority as well, but I would think OC and DC would be huge for recruiting purposes as well??

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Re: OC and DC Positions

Be patient. Its only been a couple of days. Dooley still doesnt have a a DC yet.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    Be patient. Its only been a couple of days. Dooley still doesnt have a a DC yet.
    Thats actually what has me a little nervous. ECU has already hired an OC and DC.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    Thats actually what has me a little nervous. ECU has already hired an OC and DC.
    They probably had those hired before the head coach

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    Two days after meeting with the coaches and we still do not have an OC and DC? Not sure what to think about this for Coach Dykes first order of business. I understand recruiting is a priority as well, but I would think OC and DC would be huge for recruiting purposes as well??
    In all likelihood the OC and DC will not be hired until after the signing period. It's very difficult to hire someone this close to signing day. SD can assure recruits of his intention regarding the type of person he will hire and that, along with his recruiting skills, should be sufficient.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Spangler and Scelfo are our Coodinators untils told differently from Coach Dykes.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

He is probably gonna be his own OC, which is want I would like
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Puppy Woods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the ears

Have heard that Eggan has met with Dykes and is staying. I am sure Dykes has met with all of the assistants and we will be hearing something soon. I really think we already have our DC (Spangler) we just haven't heard the official word.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Dawg View Post
    Have heard that Eggan has met with Dykes and is staying. I am sure Dykes has met with all of the assistants and we will be hearing something soon. I really think we already have our DC (Spangler) we just haven't heard the official word.
    Good call by SD.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

GATA all the way for Spangler and Egg but I could care less if Scelfo stayed!

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

What if he is waiting until after signing day to can them so recruits that are coming b/c of them won't leave.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

I would think Sonny-D will be calling the plays.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Let Sonny-D be the HC/OC, have Spangler stay on as DC. Keep Scelfo on as QB Coach/Passing game coordinator. Or hell have Scelfo be OC AND QB Coach but let Sonny call the plays. I happen to think that Scelfo, while not the best OC in the world, was very much held back by Dooley and has a lot more to offer than we may think so I would like him to stay on staff. (although I would prefer playcalling be handled by CoachD)

Bulldog viator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her gameviator27 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    In all likelihood the OC and DC will not be hired until after the signing period. It's very difficult to hire someone this close to signing day. SD can assure recruits of his intention regarding the type of person he will hire and that, along with his recruiting skills, should be sufficient.
    I agree completely. The staff most likely will not be put together until after signing day.

Puppy 58Flash is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by viator27 View Post
    I agree completely. The staff most likely will not be put together until after signing day.
    Remember....when a coach is trying to become a HC he is working on a staff at the same time. So, he probably had coaches lined up prior to the hire. Sometimes the interview will include the coaches plans of a staff. I believe that ECU required the HC to keep so many coaches. That was a problem for a new HC. They need coaches that they feel good about working with. In about a week things will start coming to light....after recruiting visits.

+ Reply to Thread