+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OC and DC Positions

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: OC and DC Positions

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I don't know who you were watching this year. I just looked back at our game tracks..........

2 FG's at Auburn
    2 against Nicholls
    2 against Hawaii
    1 against NMSU
    3 at LSU
    2 against SJSU

All by Matt
    You realize you are talking to Matt's dad, right?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You realize you are talking to Matt's dad, right?
    Ahha, I missed that too. I was just responding to the comment. Sorry about that. Mad props to Matt. As you can see I am very proud of how he performed this year.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

AT least we get to see Matt KICK on kickoffs.......Amazing the kid could boom them yet DD loved the pooch, letting an opposing offense go 60 yards VS 80 yards to score. The 100K in Knoxville on Saturdays will love that.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Wassaki20 View Post
    Don't forget we did not make one field goal the entire year either! When you had a coach who wanted to become an expert in the pooch kicking business, you end up with some wild schemes that are not popular with the people in the stands. Shame on you Coach Dooley! The hang time that your kicker had the majority of the time, the coverage team should of been in position to cover, but with all of the injuries on special teams and you have starting position players playing special teams, you are not at full speed with down field coverage. Your kicking unit will do nothing but get stronger with Coach Harrington and who knows what Coach Dykes philosophy is on the kicking game and who the special teams coach will be. Maybe the bunt kick will be introduced instead of kicking it deep! You should be in good hands with Boniol, Stover & Scobee working with your kicking staff in the off season! Oh yea, I forgot your kickers were a freshman and a red shirt freshman!
    When I mention short kicking game, I understand it was by design by the coaches which in my mind is idiotic. Why the heck give them the ball starting at the 30. This was not due to special teams being hurt either. It started long before that. Yes, there were some coverage injuries, however, the pooch kickoff is not the smartest of ideas. Field goals, outstanding. Deep kicks good. Punting not so good, but I think that this will work itself out, or I hope that it does. Got to be way to get this young many to punt as he does in practice.

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

Bump. Any update on the coaching staff?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogDawg View Post
    Don't expect any coaching announcements before signing day.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    Most special teams problems were due to kicking unfortunately. Short punts and short kick offs hurt us there. Other than that, they were not bad at all.
    The pooch kickoffs and the 22-yd punts are exactly what I'm talking about. Both bordered on the absurd this past year. You can't give Boise St, Navy and Nevada a 50-yd field on every kickoff and still expect to win.

Here's how important field position is: The Dallas Cowboys were so frustrated with their short kickoffs in the 2008 season that they DRAFTED David Buehler, a kicker from USC, in the 5th round, JUST TO DO KICKOFFS!!!! And that's all Buehler did all season long in 2009.

And it worked! Buehler consistently kicked the ball out of the end zone all season long, and forced the opposition to have to start from their own 20-yd line. It's one of the reasons Dallas's defense looked so much better in 2009 vs 2008.

Making the opposition drive 80 yds instead of 55 or 60 makes a HUGE difference over the course of a season.

HD

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wassaki20 View Post
    Don't forget we did not make one field goal the entire year either! When you had a coach who wanted to become an expert in the pooch kicking business, you end up with some wild schemes that are not popular with the people in the stands. Shame on you Coach Dooley! The hang time that your kicker had the majority of the time, the coverage team should of been in position to cover, but with all of the injuries on special teams and you have starting position players playing special teams, you are not at full speed with down field coverage. Your kicking unit will do nothing but get stronger with Coach Harrington and who knows what Coach Dykes philosophy is on the kicking game and who the special teams coach will be. Maybe the bunt kick will be introduced instead of kicking it deep! You should be in good hands with Boniol, Stover & Scobee working with your kicking staff in the off season! Oh yea, I forgot your kickers were a freshman and a red shirt freshman!
    do you mean touchbacks? If that is what you meant, you may be right. I don't remeber a touchback.

Puppy 58Flash is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DogDawg View Post
    Bump....who is interviewing? Must be from Arizona.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

On paper this looks like a great hire.

link
    North Texas hires former South Fla. coordinator

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    On paper this looks like a great hire.

link
    North Texas hires former South Fla. coordinator

I agree. Looks to be a very good decision on the part of Dodge.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Interesting. From AQ OC to Belch OC.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Interesting. From AQ OC to Belch OC.
    Skip Holtz obviously must be bringing his own OC to S.Florida. Dodge might have just hired his replacement at UNT.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The pooch kickoffs and the 22-yd punts are exactly what I'm talking about. Both bordered on the absurd this past year. You can't give Boise St, Navy and Nevada a 50-yd field on every kickoff and still expect to win.

Here's how important field position is: The Dallas Cowboys were so frustrated with their short kickoffs in the 2008 season that they DRAFTED David Buehler, a kicker from USC, in the 5th round, JUST TO DO KICKOFFS!!!! And that's all Buehler did all season long in 2009.

And it worked! Buehler consistently kicked the ball out of the end zone all season long, and forced the opposition to have to start from their own 20-yd line. It's one of the reasons Dallas's defense looked so much better in 2009 vs 2008.

Making the opposition drive 80 yds instead of 55 or 60 makes a HUGE difference over the course of a season.

HD
    I completely agree. Unless they're hurting us with their returns I see no reason to use it. To me, the pooch is a momentum killer.

Puppy 58Flash is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I completely agree. Unless they're hurting us with their returns I see no reason to use it. To me, the pooch is a momentum killer.
    In ancient times Ole Miss would pooch kick on 3rd down, but they had great D. LSU even tried it with Billy Cannon and a quick kick. It can be a great weapon when used in the correct manner.

+ Reply to Thread