+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/30 NMSU game

Varsity Bulldog Haughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the ears Haughtondawg's Avatar

Re: 1/30 NMSU game

If I had the money, I know how I would promote this event.

Random drawing of 5 individuals attending event. The first one to make a shot from half court would get 4 SuperBowl tickets with airfare and hotel included.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Just checking the traffic on the basketball forum...I say we will have 2k at the game. Ppl are not talking basketball.
    Hell, that's pathetic. 18-3 and we can't fill 1/3 of the TAC. We might as well be playing at Memorial Gym.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Hell, that's pathetic. 18-3 and we can't fill 1/3 of the TAC. We might as well be playing at Memorial Gym.
    Our fans are uninformed when it comes to MBB. Got to get the word out, over and over and over and...

Make 'em feel needed.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Speaking of NM St., did Wendell McKines ever pay his fines?
    According to Las Cruces news reports, he did pay the fine.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The game is tomorrow, I hope people are hyped about this game.
    Sonny Dykes and football recruits may bring out a few more than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    With the lack of promotion this week, I'll be happy with the crowd we had for Fresno. Just no buzz.
    I hope the crowd is at least that large. The demand for my extra tickets is not as high as it was with the Fresno game. I could have used 20 extra tickets for the Fresno game and with this game I had to ask someone if he wanted to use them. The tickets are all spoken for now.

This is a big game against a really good team so the buzz should be bigger.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Looks like the NM State fans are getting pretty excited about this game in Ruston. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=242&f=2377&t=5528347
    A few fan comments...

This year I have a good feeling we should be able to beat LA Tech in Ruston. Other years I did not.
    This year we have a good team, and a team that is improving each game. I think we can beat LA Tech in Ruston this year.

The team should be fresh and well rested after the road trip. La Tech is good but not as good as their record indicates I think.

If we are to steal a couple more on the road, I think our best shot at that is @ LaTech, and @Fresno. IMO, we just do not match up very well with Nevada, and USU will be a monumental task to beat at their place, given the way they are playing right now. Not that it can't happen, but if you look at our remaining road games, the two that are the most likely would be LaTech and Fresno. Neither of which are going to be a walk in the park, obviously.

Time to make a statement...not excuses.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Looks like the NM State fans are getting pretty excited about this game in Ruston. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=242&f=2377&t=5528347
    A few fan comments...

This year I have a good feeling we should be able to beat LA Tech in Ruston. Other years I did not.
    This year we have a good team, and a team that is improving each game. I think we can beat LA Tech in Ruston this year.

The team should be fresh and well rested after the road trip. La Tech is good but not as good as their record indicates I think.

If we are to steal a couple more on the road, I think our best shot at that is @ LaTech, and @Fresno. IMO, we just do not match up very well with Nevada, and USU will be a monumental task to beat at their place, given the way they are playing right now. Not that it can't happen, but if you look at our remaining road games, the two that are the most likely would be LaTech and Fresno. Neither of which are going to be a walk in the park, obviously.

Time to make a statement...not excuses.
    We are not as good as our record indicates...except we've beaten every team they beat and by more. Plus beating Nevada (which they couldn't do).

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Our fans are uninformed when it comes to MBB. Got to get the word out, over and over and over and...

Make 'em feel needed.
    Also doesn't help that basketball is irrelevant in north Louisiana.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Pistol Pete, the NMSU male mascot dressed up to look and act rugged, is not at all convincing. Enough said.
    is that little gut on the banner at the top of the page really their mascot? i thought it was a joke.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    women's basketball was relevant at one time. i don't see why it can't be the same for the men as well. consistent winning can change people's minds about what's relevent.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    is that little gut on the banner at the top of the page really their mascot? i thought it was a joke.
    Yes, that's him. I hope the one pictured is a better than the one they had in Reno last year - that guy was a joke.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    women's basketball was relevant at one time. i don't see why it can't be the same for the men as well. consistent winning can change people's minds about what's relevent.
    Nah, that wasn't about basketball, it was about copious amounts of winning. Sure, if we start making NCAA tourney appearances every single year, then, yeah, people will start coming to games. But as for getting people just to watch "good basketball," you might as well be asking them to watch "championship curling."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

We've lost a little momentum in men's basketball over the last 10 days. Big football news, a loss at San Jose. We need to beat the NMSU Ags and get everyone talking about the Dunkin Dawgs again.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Lets Get Dykes on the Court!!!

You'll have to wait for the women's game for that.

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    This is a big game against a really good team so the buzz should be bigger.
    I agree. The buzz should be bigger. If this game would have been promo'ed as a huge game, then the majority of people would think that it's a huge game. I guarantee that if the Boise or Hawaii games get as much promotion as the Fresno game did, then there will be about the same amount of people there. Perception is reality, especially when the people in our region aren't as well versed in basketball.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    To further your point, as of the moment of this posting, there were 60 people on the Football forum (it's been almost two months since FB season ended, although lots have happened in those two months) and 4 on this forum. Seems most Tech fans are football fanatics (myself included) and really don't embrace basketball that much.

+ Reply to Thread