+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/26 NEVADA game

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

1/26 NEVADA game

Lady Techsters Basketball
    Day: Tuesday
    Date: Jan. 26, 2010
    Time: 10:00 p.m. CT

Head Coach: Teresa Weatherspoon
    Roster: Click Here

Opponent Info:

Nevada
    Mascot: Wolfpack
    Conference: WAC
    Head Coach: Jane Albright
    Roster: Click Here
    Schedule: Click Here

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: 1/26 NEVADA game

The Lady Techsters are traveling to Reno to take on Nevada on Jan. 26, 2010. Tipoff at 10 PM central.

From nevadawolfpack.com:
    http://www.nevadawolfpack.com/ViewAr...CLID=204874155

Nevada and LA Tech will face off in a nationally-televised game in Reno at 8 p.m. LA Tech leads the overall series 16-4 but Nevada won both meetings last year in Reno. Nevada is 3-0 against LA Tech in Reno in the last three home meetings for the Pack dating back to the 2007-08 season. In Nevada's last three home wins against LA Tech the Pack averaged 76.3 points per game. The game is also "Dollar Day" where tickets and select concession items are just $1 each.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a game that I had marked on my calendar since last year. We need to REALLY take it to them. There should not be a chip on our shoulder, it should be a ROCK! Got to beat Nevada!

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    This is a game that I had marked on my calendar since last year. We need to REALLY take it to them. There should not be a chip on our shoulder, it should be a ROCK! Got to beat Nevada!
    We will take it to them on national TV too and I can't wait...or I hope we take it to them on TV. My first time seeing the Lady Techsters on national TV.

Varsity Bulldog Iceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the rough

Are you gonna make it to this game ???????

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Are you gonna make it to this game ???????
    Trying to work it out on my schedule. I find out today if I can rearrange another business trip. I was planning on this one and the Fresno home one, but won't be sure until today.

We are playing at Nevada and they are ahead of us in the WAC standing. They are 5-1, after a losing OOC campaign. We need pay back on this game from last year's close loss in the WAC tournament - not to mention a loss during the year to them. They have a post presence - something that many WAC teams are missing. Dowdell will need to take it to them and we need another great performance out of Johnson. Heck, we need a great performance for 40 minutes out of ALL our players!

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

"They have a post presence - something that many WAC teams are missing."

For what it's worth Filipe held Moore to 0 Pts (first time in 29 games) and 1 board over 30 minutes... but then again that doesn't mean anything cuss all Fresno players are "thugs" that play dirty and get away with hacking every play

They turn the ball over a lot too for what its worth... Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post

For what it's worth Filipe held Moore to 0 Pts (first time in 29 games) and 1 board over 30 minutes... but then again that doesn't mean anything cuss all Fresno players are "thugs" that play dirty and get away with hacking every play

Come on Buch! You know I was angry and did apologize. :icon_wink: Turning the ball over and knowing the Filipe held them to zero gives me some hope that we can handle them. Did you play them at Nevada or Fresno?

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

The game was in Reno the Thurs before we played Tech. Hope you have better luck getting there then FS did

RENO, Nev.- Sometimes mother nature can force you to change your plans at the spur of the moment. That was the case for the Fresno State women's basketball in preparing for its trip to play at Nevada on Thursday evening.
    The Bulldogs normally bus five hours to Reno for competition but the snow that has hit the Sierra's forced the Bulldogs to bus to San Jose and then fly to Reno. The team left the North Gym close to 10 a.m. this morning but then about 30 miles from Los Banos, coach Adrian Wiggins woke me up from a nap saying "I wouldn't lean back."
    I look back and the window by me came unglued and was coming loose. Five minutes later the window was about ready to fall off. We quickly pulled off to the side of the road to prevent the window from falling. A big reason the window came unglued was because of the heavy winds that were along the 152 and on way to Los Banos.
    With a window that was about to fall off, the Bulldog coaches and trainer Mandy Hill then got creative to keep the window up and the bus moving. Hill grabbed her athletic tape and coach Amy Parrish pulled her shoelaces out of her shoes and then they wrapped the tape and the laces around the top corner of the window and then tied it inside the bus on a seat.
    The plan worked short term as coach Wiggins held one end of the tape and myself, coach Parrish, Bailey Amundsen and the wife of the bus driver held the other end for 17 miles until we got in Los Banos.
    Right when we pulled into Los Banos, there was a truck service stop where we pulled out got a ladder and duck tape where our drive Larry Bryant taped the outside of the window with duck tape. While that was happening Parrish and Hill were inside securing the window with more athletic tape.
    We still ended up making it to the airport and made our flight without any problem. The team did have some turbulence in the air getting to Reno, though.

btw... they took the same bus to get home...

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

---
    so, you agree with Champ then..huh
    Hopefully it will be a clean game and you will find out how the post players are in the WAC tonight!
    Go Techsters

The game was in Reno the Thurs before we played Tech. Hope you have better luck getting there then FS did

RENO, Nev.- Sometimes mother nature can force you to change your plans at the spur of the moment. That was the case for the Fresno State women's basketball in preparing for its trip to play at Nevada on Thursday evening.
    The Bulldogs normally bus five hours to Reno for competition but the snow that has hit the Sierra's forced the Bulldogs to bus to San Jose and then fly to Reno. The team left the North Gym close to 10 a.m. this morning but then about 30 miles from Los Banos, coach Adrian Wiggins woke me up from a nap saying "I wouldn't lean back."
    I look back and the window by me came unglued and was coming loose. Five minutes later the window was about ready to fall off. We quickly pulled off to the side of the road to prevent the window from falling. A big reason the window came unglued was because of the heavy winds that were along the 152 and on way to Los Banos.
    With a window that was about to fall off, the Bulldog coaches and trainer Mandy Hill then got creative to keep the window up and the bus moving. Hill grabbed her athletic tape and coach Amy Parrish pulled her shoelaces out of her shoes and then they wrapped the tape and the laces around the top corner of the window and then tied it inside the bus on a seat.
    The plan worked short term as coach Wiggins held one end of the tape and myself, coach Parrish, Bailey Amundsen and the wife of the bus driver held the other end for 17 miles until we got in Los Banos.
    Right when we pulled into Los Banos, there was a truck service stop where we pulled out got a ladder and duck tape where our drive Larry Bryant taped the outside of the window with duck tape. While that was happening Parrish and Hill were inside securing the window with more athletic tape.
    We still ended up making it to the airport and made our flight without any problem. The team did have some turbulence in the air getting to Reno, though.

btw... they took the same bus to get home...
    Well, at least you have some innovative repair people traveling with your team. My solution to everything is duct tape.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    so, you agree with Champ then..huh
    Hopefully it will be a clean game and you will find out how the post players are in the WAC tonight!
    Go Techsters
    Buch is cool.... Besides, he know that Fresno has to visit the TAC still. We better start our winning streak soon, though.

Well, at least you have some innovative repair people traveling with your team. My solution to everything is duct tape.
    Exactly!! I need to get some in my truck... I'm running low at the moment

Buch is cool.... Besides, he know that Fresno has to visit the TAC still. We better start our winning streak soon, though.
    Not expecting to win in the TAC. Hopefully FS will have a big enough lead by that time it wont matter though :icon_wink:.

+ Reply to Thread