+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: practice facility

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: practice facility

Cumulus is a big radio company. They own some stations in D/FW. Do they own some in North La.?? Or maybe DP just had his head in the clouds. Get it? Thanks folks! I'll be here all week!!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm all against putting an indoor facility on our currrent practice field. Where would the team practice during normal weather. Personally, I want them to use the indoor as little as possible. I like CC's idea of the softball field. If we can make it big enough, then the soccer team could have games in there when not raining. The only reason an indoor facility should be used is if there's lightning or for high school camps and then not all the time.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I'm all against putting an indoor facility on our currrent practice field. Where would the team practice during normal weather. Personally, I want them to use the indoor as little as possible. I like CC's idea of the softball field. If we can make it big enough, then the soccer team could have games in there when not raining. The only reason an indoor facility should be used is if there's lightning or for high school camps and then not all the time.
    By the football team. (which is probably what you meant)

But it is a great place for T&F, A Baseball player to get loose and long toss. Conditioning for all of our athletes. You name it.

I also think when it is nasty outside and it is a teaching practice where there is a lot more talking then hitting then it is good to do it indoors. I am all for being tough and playing in the conditions but I want players listening and focusing on the coaches not the weather if they are installing an offense.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Can the indoor practice facility be cooled to -17 degrees and suck about half the oxygen to replicate some of the games later in the season in the WAC?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Can the indoor practice facility be cooled to -17 degrees and suck about half the oxygen to replicate some of the games later in the season in the WAC?

Lets make the turf blue!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Cumulus?
    You mean Populous?

LA Tech Partners with Populous for Master Facility Plan

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...102009aaa.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Cumulus is a big radio company. They own some stations in D/FW. Do they own some in North La.?? Or maybe DP just had his head in the clouds. Get it? Thanks folks! I'll be here all week!!!

My bad. Yes. Populous.
    I think I called them Cumulus yesterday and nobody called my hand at it . . . until now.

Yes, 13, I was way up there! Your pun line is funny. I'm not used to writing anything today that doesn't contain Who Dat in it!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog bdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nice

I heard that one of the possibilities that Tech and the city of Ruston are looking into is the construction of a type of civic center/conference center across the street from the field house. The civic center/conference center would be owned by the city of Ruston and would be used for conferences, shows, and etc. There would be multiple surfaces that would be able to be installed rather easily (i.e. Centurytel surfaces). Louisiana Tech would have access to the building for indoor practices and etc.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg34 View Post
    I heard that one of the possibilities that Tech and the city of Ruston are looking into is the construction of a type of civic center/conference center across the street from the field house. The civic center/conference center would be owned by the city of Ruston and would be used for conferences, shows, and etc. There would be multiple surfaces that would be able to be installed rather easily (i.e. Centurytel surfaces). Louisiana Tech would have access to the building for indoor practices and etc.
    That would be a good solution. I like the idea above of making it freezing cold and lower oxygen too. That will prepare us for our high altitude opponents. :icon_wink:

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Lets make the turf blue!
    I think red would look awesome. The key is just getting a indoor practice facility. Every sport could use it and would be a great advantage for all our athletic programs.

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON View Post
    I like Arizona's practice facility.... all enclosed and gated with those big ole hedge bushes providing privacy... maybe we will see something like this around the field above the track.... or perhaps an indoor.... either way..I like what AZ has...

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/facil...ice-field.html
    It will be tough for those palm trees to stay alive in Louisiana

Puppy wdr359 has turned a few heads around herewdr359 has turned a few heads around here

It would be great if we could build an indoor practice facility like the one at UH...complete with an indoor track! After all, the women's track program has been the most successful program in the athletic department since 2000. This would serve as a great recruiting tool for all sports (and might help in getting some of those speed guys we're looking for at the skills positions). I've gotten really excited about athletics at Tech since Dooley got here and I hope we continue right where he left off.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Here is a pic of Oregon State's indoor facility. Works well in the rainy NW.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post

Here is a pic of Oregon State's indoor facility. Works well in the rainy NW.

Looks like it might be OK for kickoffs, but punts are problematic I would think. Otherwise, very nice!

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Looks like it might be OK for kickoffs, but punts are problematic I would think. Otherwise, very nice!
    I don't know of any practice facilities that are tall enough to allow punts and KO's. As long as we have enough room to run our O and D is all that matters.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

So with Dykes on board, are we still going to be kicking to the numbers, or just kicking the crap out of the ball?

+ Reply to Thread