+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I didn't think the NFL was against the Saints until . . .

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I didn't think the NFL was against the Saints until . . .

. . . I saw the first down chains are 31 feet long.

I've never seen the technological yellow line be 12 inches off like in the overtime measurement. Fox couldn't pull that yellow line off the screen quick enough.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I didn't think the NFL was against the Saints until . . .

I didn't think the NFL loved the Saints until they gave us the first down on the Pierre Thomas run or Robert Meachem catch. After that, I knew there was no way those refs would let us lose.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

ESPN is not showing any love or credit for the Saints. They are basically saying that Minnesota was the better team, and they gave away the game to the Saints.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I am one of the biggest Saints homer fans you will find but if you look at everything but the scoreboard and the turnovers, the Saints got whipped tonight.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Who cares...we goin to the ship. Hell hath frozen over.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    ESPN is not showing any love or credit for the Saints. They are basically saying that Minnesota was the better team, and they gave away the game to the Saints.

That is fine, the red headed stepchild will bite and bite hard in 2 weeks. Watch out Manning, if you audible one to many times you are likely to get a mouthful of Miami sod just to spite you. I hate when he does that. "I know the coach just called in a play, but I don't like that one. Let's just do what I want to do every play." They might as well fire their OC and send him down here to help SD out.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    That's pretty much what it looked like. Not that it matters. The Saints are the ones going to the Super Bowl.

By the way, there was a play in the Florida/Arkansas game where the line was off by a couple of feet. I don't remember before this year it happening at all, but it's not the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    I am one of the biggest Saints homer fans you will find but if you look at everything but the scoreboard and the turnovers, the Saints got whipped tonight.

The good thing is that we have 2 weeks to put together some stuff for Manning and Co. Of course they have the same time frame. I just hope that Sean Peyton is more creative in his game prep. We may have to pull out the BSU style trickeration to get an edge. It will be no less of a win regardless of how they do it though, so I don't care what it takes. Also, could we cut down on the friggin penalties. We allowed the Vikes to hang on to the ball on several different drives because of stupid penalties.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

My friend Matt Nelson pointed out the Saints are going to the Super Bowl in part thanks to the Vikings' 12th man in the huddle. ;-)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

See guys, and gals, this is what a kicker can get you. Keep Matt's leg well protected. He may just take us to levels we have never seen.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

The Vikes did make some bone headed plays and costly turnovers, but the Saints did hang in there and pulled it out. BUT, that was not a catch by Meachem, and that was debateable on whether the RB got the 1st down or not.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300124018

How pathetic. This is the ESPN game recap. It is all about Favre.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    The Vikes did make some bone headed plays and costly turnovers, but the Saints did hang in there and pulled it out. BUT, that was not a catch by Meachem, and that was debateable on whether the RB got the 1st down or not.
    Explain why that wasn't a catch. He had complete control of the ball upon hitting the ground, his arm and hand were under the ball while it was securely pinned to his leg/abdomen, and though the ball may have touched the ground, the ground did not cause the ball to move. I think that was an easy review.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

The Saints were getting alot of love on the Fox post game wrap up. The way they talked about Katrina, surprised they didn't start blaming Bush again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Explain why that wasn't a catch. He had complete control of the ball upon hitting the ground, his arm and hand were under the ball while it was securely pinned to his leg/abdomen, and though the ball may have touched the ground, the ground did not cause the ball to move. I think that was an easy review.
    Nope, you're wrong. His hand wasn't under the ball, and when the ball hit the ground you could see it move up somewhat. You could tell after Meachem caught it, he didn't think he really did.

+ Reply to Thread