+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints vs. Colts

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Saints vs. Colts

in the Super Bowl. Predictons?

Need to type that again....Saints in the Super Bowl. Am I dreaming?

Right now, I'm gonna give the edge to the Saints. Have been a team of destiny all year. Finding ways to win games, they had no business winning. Why should the Super Bowl be any different?

Also, the Colts' D, while good, is not as good as the Vikes' so I think Brees and the O will step it up. Manning is about to be hit, like he's never been hit before. As good as PM is, he is prone to mistakes when he gets uncomfortable, which he will be after being planted a few times by a lunatic 300 lb DL..... Nothing "saintly" about the way Greg Williams' boys play.

Saints 34 Colts 31

Can you say Super Bowl Champs?

Who Dat !

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Saints vs. Colts

end zone, upper section tickets are going for $1800
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Right now, I'm gonna give the edge to the Saints. Have been a team of destiny all year. Finding ways to win games, they had no business winning. Why should the Super Bowl be any different?

Also, the Colts' D, while good, is not as good as the Vikes' so I think Brees and the O will step it up. Manning is about to be hit, like he's never been hit before. As good as PM is, he is prone to mistakes when he gets uncomfortable, which he will be after being planted a few times by a lunatic 300 lb DL..... Nothing "saintly" about the way Greg Williams' boys play.

Saints 34 Colts 31

Who Dat !

Yep, it's a mission now.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

HURRICANE WARNING!!!!

BE ADVISED:

Hurricane WhoDat about to make landfall on PAYTON place, bringing SHOCKEY waves and a very strong BREES.

Already took out all the CARDINALS in Arizona, sunk a VIKING ship from Minnesota and now headed to Miami looking for some horses named COLTS!!!

Estimated time of arrival- February 7th around 5:30pm.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Saints 34 Colts 31

Who Dat !
    Not unless the Saints D can get to him before he just voluntarily falls down in submission! He kills me doing that.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Crap. Check this out.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/s...d.php?t=147973

Original Airdate: Wednesday January 21st, 1998

There is your prediction for the game.

Here is the short version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_7pI6AM3n8

and another one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-5XeJ1iXM

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I say the same thing about the Colts that I have always said about Shaq.

If you can keep Shaq 6 feet away from the basket, he will rarely score. The problem is, he's 7'1" and weighs 350 lbs., so it's almost impossible to keep him 6 feet away from the basket.

Same with the Colts; if you can neutralize Peyton Manning, the Saints can beat them easily. Problem is it's Peyton Manning, and he's extremely hard to neutralize.

Of course, I'm pulling for the Saints, and I think they have a better shot at winning this game than most people think.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

The formula to beating the Saints is "easy", as they Cowboys showed. Don't turn the ball over and get to Brees. The Vikings did neither and that is why they are sitting at home and the Saints are not. The Saints O did what they had to do to neutralize the supposed best defensive line in football. Thank you Cowboys for providing what the Saints needed to improve. The Saints defense makes a living on turnovers which is why long drives, ironically, play to the strength of the Saints defense. You will get hit. You will get irritated. You'll get the underneath stuff. But even the best players get impatient or frustrated and make mistakes. The Saints have an unusual knack of making teams pay for it. On the offensive side of the ball, the Saints will score ENOUGH points. That is what matters.

The Saints have been in every game they have played this season at the end except the one they pretty much sat out. I cannot tell you how many games I heard teams say "we were the better team, we out-gained them, we had more first downs, take away those two pick-sixes and...." ... Whatever. These Saints are proving that total offense and total defense are the most overrated statistics in football.

The Saints will be in this game or winning it with 2 minutes left unless something different happens than has happened in every game they have played this season. In fact, if the spread gets up to 6 or 7 in favor of Indy, I'd bet the house (and I am not a betting man). I think the single most unlikely outcome is a blowout in favor of the Colts.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

The best way to beat the Colts will be ball control by the Saints offense. This flies in the face of what Sean Payton likes to do. I think that he will game plan with runs and short screens to play ball control offense (Reggie Bush in the flat). The longer they have the ball, that means Manning is sitting on the sidelines. That will be the ony way to truly stop him.

I just hope he doesn't try to get to cute, like he is prone to do...like the double reverses and flea flickers that he tries to run.

All that said, I think we will have one of the most entertaining Super Bowls in a long time. Seems like every Saints game the second half of the season has been exciting to say the least.

Prediction:

Saints 33
    Colts 27

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I am worried because:

1. Manning is a master of the game-winning drive. The Saints MUST get the final possession imo.
    2. The saints are vulnerable in the air over the middle - I've seen it all year, and Peyton will abuse it.
    3. Manning is hard to pressure, and tougher than Favre. Blitzing him is what he likes.

I am encouraged because:

1. The colts D is not awesome
    2. The saints O is awesome
    3. The saints should control the ground game on offense and defense
    4. The saints are destined and cannot be stopped!

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Saints 27
    Colts 17

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    The best way to beat the Colts will be ball control by the Saints offense. This flies in the face of what Sean Payton likes to do. I think that he will game plan with runs and short screens to play ball control offense (Reggie Bush in the flat). The longer they have the ball, that means Manning is sitting on the sidelines. That will be the ony way to truly stop him.

I just hope he doesn't try to get to cute, like he is prone to do...like the double reverses and flea flickers that he tries to run.

All that said, I think we will have one of the most entertaining Super Bowls in a long time. Seems like every Saints game the second half of the season has been exciting to say the least.

Prediction:

Saints 33
    Colts 27
    I used to be worried aobut Payton getting too cute, then I watched the Vikes game. Now, I am worried that he is clamming up a bit. The playcalling that game was bad, IMO. Way too conservative. Maybe he will let it fly a little more against the Colts, but we will need to run the ball well to keep Freeney and folks off of Brees. I dont know how bad Freeney's ankle is, but I hope it is bad enough to slow him down next weekend. I am going Saints 31, Colts 23.

We have to force FGs. That is what the 49ers did, and if they had any offense cold have beaten the Colts. Luckily, we have a really good redzone D that can hopefully match up with a very good redzone O.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I love that the commentators are now giving the Saints and Drew some credit. They gave him pub for being able to beat 3-4 of the best QB's in the league this year in Brady, Eli, Warner, and Favre. They give the Saints the edge in special teams and running game, which I think is accurate. Let's just hope that Reggie can house one if the Colts make a mistake.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I used to be worried aobut Payton getting too cute, then I watched the Vikes game. Now, I am worried that he is clamming up a bit. The playcalling that game was bad, IMO. Way too conservative. Maybe he will let it fly a little more against the Colts, but we will need to run the ball well to keep Freeney and folks off of Brees. I dont know how bad Freeney's ankle is, but I hope it is bad enough to slow him down next weekend. I am going Saints 31, Colts 23.

We have to force FGs. That is what the 49ers did, and if they had any offense cold have beaten the Colts. Luckily, we have a really good redzone D that can hopefully match up with a very good redzone O.

It might be best to run around the end and test Freeney early. If we can get him to hold back on that ankle some, we might be able to work that side of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post

I'd run Bush right at Freeney to test the ankle. Bush could give a juke or two, it might get that ankle to hurting too much, at the very least, slow Freeney down. If the Saints can neutralize Freeney and Bracken, then I really believe the Saints might make it look easy. ( I didn't just say that did I?)

Turnovers in the red zone will be key. That is what the Saints have lived on all year. They seem to be able to create turnovers when they need them most. Let's hope they can do it one more game, cause you know Manning will get it in the red zone more than we want to see. Either that or hold them to field goals and give La. Tech's own, Matt Stover some air time. Be just our luck, Stover hits the winning field goal with 0:00 time on the clock.

Damn it all these thoughts....see this is what happens when you've been a Saints fan for 40 odd years!!!

+ Reply to Thread