+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Endzone Project?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: Endzone Project?

I feel reassured if coach Mikey says all is OK. His stature is enough for me. I only want to know if we all are doing everything we can to help. Judging from some of his posts in the recent past,"Are You All In?", we may need a little more push and I hope all heed his inquiry and choose to act accordingly.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Unless he has talked to the people from each of the CUSA schools who will be doing the actual voting next time around, I'm not going to get too excited. Folks at Tech were convinced we were in last time, but it ultimately comes down to the votes cast, nothing more, nothing less. No consultant, NCAA official, or Tech official will know for sure where we stand until after the votes are cast.

I am confident, though, that we will be in much better shape for the next conference realignment than we were last time, whether it come tomorrow or 5 years from now.
    This about sums it up.

There are plenty of people on here that have contacts high up at Tech and other places that may give them some "inside info". The fact of the matter is we are not the only ones fighting to improve our position when the next opportunity for conference shifting comes along. If anybody comes along and says that we are a lock then we can rightfully call bs. Even if you have talked to all of the voting members of CUSA, things can change in a hurry.

Some of the more respected members of the board are trying to reassure us. The only thing that can be known is whether or not we are working to improve our position and whether some back door negotiations and conversations with the CUSA schools are going on and going well. I fully believe that this is the case and our members are suggesting that we are doing the best we can and things seem to be going well.

We can't be sure that school X doesn't have some equally big facility improvement or whatever under lock and key and or super secret negotiations and talks going on. Maybe they arent going as well as ours. Maybe they have a trick up their sleeve.

We won't know until its done. Its good to hear that we are doing what we can to assure we are next in. A lot can happen though and there are certainly valid reasons to be concerned. The main thing to remeber is that its not the end of the world either way.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Unless he has talked to the people from each of the CUSA schools who will be doing the actual voting next time around, I'm not going to get too excited. Folks at Tech were convinced we were in last time, but it ultimately comes down to the votes cast, nothing more, nothing less. No consultant, NCAA official, or Tech official will know for sure where we stand until after the votes are cast.

I am confident, though, that we will be in much better shape for the next conference realignment than we were last time, whether it come tomorrow or 5 years from now.
    Good post Brian, very insightful. This is point for point exactly what I was thinking, but you put it into words. Dooley was probably given the standard "good will" response, but no different from what they would tell any other school.

+ Reply to Thread