+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dykes Signing Day Blitz

Varsity Bulldog cherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nice

Re: Dykes Signing Day Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Look at the positives.....we could get 0 recruits and still win 8-9 games next year......yes, I realize you need freshmen, but just trying to look at the positives!!!
    And if so, we would certainly have the scholarships to pursue many, many recruits who SD thinks are a fit for the system that he wants to run.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

If you can learn anything from recruiting season it is to not worry about things you cannot control It's fun to watch but please don't get yourself too worked up about it. Even the best programs don't sign all the recruits they would love to have. There are always some surprises both good and bad. Celebrate as though you just signed the best class in the nation even if you know you didn't.

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

As of now we have only lost 3 guys that had committed to us. One, Dominque Sanders, that both our recruiting guys said they weren't sure how solid his commitment was in the first place.

We may still have a chance at getting Lewis back so don't count him out yet.

We all knew this was going to happen when that guy left us for Tennessee. Considering the circumstances I think we have made out better than expected. We may still have lost those guys even if whats his name had stayed. We always lose some people towards the end to bigger schools or ones with better facilities.

We still have one of our highest rated classes in the last 10 years even with the recent defections. Everybody needs to take a Valium and wait till signing day. I bet we will all be pleasantly surprised.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    As of now we have only lost 3 guys that had committed to us. One, Dominque Sanders, that both our recruiting guys said they weren't sure how solid his commitment was in the first place.

We may still have a chance at getting Lewis back so don't count him out yet.

We all knew this was going to happen when that guy left us for Tennessee. Considering the circumstances I think we have made out better than expected. We may still have lost those guys even if whats his name had stayed. We always lose some people towards the end to bigger schools or ones with better facilities.

We still have one of our highest rated classes in the last 10 years even with the recent defections. Everybody needs to take a Valium and wait till signing day. I bet we will all be pleasantly surprised.
    Unfortunately, except for last year which we were ahead of but are currently ranked behind after the defections, being one of the highest rated classes in the last 10 years AIN'T COMPARING TO MUCH.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Glanced a thread title and I thought at first it read: "Dykes Signing Dave Nitz."
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

I agree we need to be patient, though I have signed as many recruits as the new coach, and he is actually our coach. It seems odd I guess that he has gotten NO ONE so far.

.....but I will be patient. I will be very happy on signing day, at least this process will be over and we can get on the coach for who the QB is going to be!!!!!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Unfortunately, except for last year which we were ahead of but are currently ranked behind after the defections, being one of the highest rated classes in the last 10 years AIN'T COMPARING TO MUCH.
    Just because Dykes isn't giving you a daily report of the recruits he is speaking to, doesn't mean he isn't speaking to them. Chill.

When Dooley took the job at Tech, he spent two solid weeks on the road and came up with some good recruits. Most of our current class is firmly committed, and I'd be willing to bet that Sonny will surprise us on signing day with a few "stealth" names.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I agree we need to be patient, though I have signed as many recruits as the new coach, and he is actually our coach. It seems odd I guess that he has gotten NO ONE so far.

.....but I will be patient. I will be very happy on signing day, at least this process will be over and we can get on the coach for who the QB is going to be!!!!!
    You dont know if has gotten anyone or not. Just because its not on rivals, or scout doesnt mean he hasnt picked up anyone. We got some players coming, everyone just relax

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Just because Dykes isn't giving you a daily report of the recruits he is speaking to, doesn't mean he isn't speaking to them. Chill.

When Dooley took the job at Tech, he spent two solid weeks on the road and came up with some good recruits. Most of our current class is firmly committed, and I'd be willing to bet that Sonny will surprise us on signing day with a few "stealth" names.
    There seems to be a belief that somewhere between 2 and 4 unannounced commits existed before the coaching change. We'll have to see if SD can add to that.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    You dont know if has gotten anyone or not. Just because its not on rivals, or scout doesnt mean he hasnt picked up anyone. We got some players coming, everyone just relax
    It is reported that Dooley has gotten 4 to Tennessee, of which two are four stars (one from LSU). I understand that is not comparing apples to apples, but his ability to sign four stars in two weeks should be compared to us signing two or three stars in the same amount of time. Much less ANYONE. I guess that is my only concern, that not even a name is being mentioned.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    There seems to be a belief that somewhere between 2 and 4 unannounced commits existed before the coaching change. We'll have to see if SD can add to that.
    How is that possible? With all of the "recruiting sources" (rivals, scout, espninsider) highschools (coaches, AD's, and boosters), parents, friends, twitter, facebook, the list goes on and on.

It is amazing to me that ANY recruit going to a division 1 school, can remain a stealth IF they are committed. If they are not, then they are as likely to not sign as they are to sign, therefor, not making them a commit.

Varsity Bulldog FieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really nice FieldDawg's Avatar

good god. Today will make one week he has been on the job. We don't know if he has any one or not. I think scout is reporting a couple of people may be in the mix.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    It is reported that Dooley has gotten 4 to Tennessee, of which two are four stars (one from LSU). I understand that is not comparing apples to apples, but his ability to sign four stars in two weeks should be compared to us signing two or three stars in the same amount of time. Much less ANYONE. I guess that is my only concern, that not even a name is being mentioned.
    dooley has had about twice as much time as dykes has so far, plus a program that sells itself. and how many recruits did tennessee lose when kiffen left?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FieldDawg View Post
    good god. Today will make one week he has been on the job. We don't know if he has any one or not. I think scout is reporting a couple of people may be in the mix.
    I think it goes, "Seven days of worry, will make one week."

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I'm thinking that there may be a recruit or two in TX that had committed to AZ because of Sony D. If they are thinking of coming our way they may want to keep quiet to avoid pressure from AZ (or other schools as well).

It's like the last 5 minutes of the game. Lots of pressure and game changing decisions.

+ Reply to Thread