+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WR and DB Shakeout

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Re: WR and DB Shakeout

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    C.J. has the frame to gain that wieght and is already on his way to doing so. Look for J. Crowe to combo with Boyd and Tank at the Safety spots. C.J. is going to be a great LB with his ability to tackle in open field and tackle with a purpose. Playing LB will benefit C.J. future. I really think if he practices and plays the way he did last year, your going to see Dudley, Cole and a 220lb C.J. as our starting LB's.
    I thought Cole was def. mvp last year. What hs jr. year looking like?

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

Cole is one of the most gifted LB's ive been around mentally. His ability to watch film and study the opponent is a great attribute. By the time he gets to gameday, he is 100% confident in knowing the play thats coming and being able to play the ball full speed. His confidence is sky high and I only anticipate even greater things from Mr. Cole........And may I mention, what great character, leadership, and poise that he carries himself with. Cole will def take the leadership torch this year.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Cole is one of the most gifted LB's ive been around mentally. His ability to watch film and study the opponent is a great attribute. By the time he gets to gameday, he is 100% confident in knowing the play thats coming and being able to play the ball full speed. His confidence is sky high and I only anticipate even greater things from Mr. Cole........And may I mention, what great character, leadership, and poise that he carries himself with. Cole will def take the leadership torch this year.
    Thanks

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Looks like a man-child to me, and 21.4 yds. per catch on 65 catches - that's a crazy number! Now I can't believe he wasn't recruited by more!
    I heard he needed a shave on his 1st BDay.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

That is great to hear. We need all the natural born leaders we can get.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Porter's having a hard time breaking in? Man, we've got us some 'backers!

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Shillow averaged 21 yards per catch his senior year, I'd play him at WR. I believe he was listed at 6-2, 205.
    He was listed there but it was a misprint. He was 240 at Tech.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    He was listed there but it was a misprint. He was 240 at Tech.

When I watched Shillow, I thought of Dennis Morris some in physical part, blocking and running part, but Shillow catches ball better at this stage of his career than DM did. DM came on later in catching ball.

I think Shillow was overlooked some do to the fact he was split out as WR a lot besides moved in as TE for run blocking. Not quite what the bigger BCS schools wanted in speed for a WR and inch or two short for those that wanted bigger blocking TEs.

I am very intrigued to see this kid by his sophomore season and how he is doing at this level.

Can't remember who it was that commented on CJ Broadus, but move mentioned to LB would be best. Does not show easy hip turn and change of direction for going with good receivers in pass coverage. With physical ability and nose for tackling, LB may be best move for him.

Puppy jbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nice

Can't remember who it was that commented on CJ Broadus, but move mentioned to LB would be best. Does not show easy hip turn and change of direction for going with good receivers in pass coverage. With physical ability and nose for tackling, LB may be best move for him.[/quote]

I agree with everything you said. He has a hard time covering receivers, and breaking on the ball once its thrown. The best move is to put C.J. at LB.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

I think Ahmad Paige will be a big playmaker with his speed in this offense.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    I think Ahmad Paige will be a big playmaker with his speed in this offense.
    Will he leave his defenders with their "pants on da ground" techfan01?

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Will he leave his defenders with their "pants on da ground" techfan01?
    No doubt...

By the way. I heard the pants on the ground guy will be performing at the grammys. And no im not making that up

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jbizza View Post
    Can't remember who it was that commented on CJ Broadus, but move mentioned to LB would be best. Does not show easy hip turn and change of direction for going with good receivers in pass coverage. With physical ability and nose for tackling, LB may be best move for him.
    I agree with everything you said. He has a hard time covering receivers, and breaking on the ball once its thrown. The best move is to put C.J. at LB.[/quote]
    But just think how athletic he'll be at LB (and at 220 lbs.)! Can't wait to see him meet up with Nevada's Kaepernick (sp?) when he tries to turn the corner on us again next year!

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    No doubt...

By the way. I heard the pants on the ground guy will be performing at the grammys. And no im not making that up
    That might make me watch them.

I will be "lookin like a fool"

+ Reply to Thread