+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Senior Bowl (D'Anthony Smith)

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Senior Bowl (D'Anthony Smith)

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    And Smith can do that, too.
    I think they believe that also. Thus the word "content".

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    i think they're reading too much into it. i have seen enough of smith to know he is a disciplined player. if you don't know beyond all doubt that it is a pass play (or have specific instructions to rush the passer) a disciplined player will do everything he can to keep himself in position to make a tackle. someone who is just trying to show off for the scouts will split the double team and allow a long gain on a draw up the middle in hopes of getting a sack or two.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i think they're reading too much into it.
    I just think that when it comes to the NFL draft, you've got to nit-pick every little thing. Since no player is perfect, and since you've got to make your analysis stand out from all the other draft gurus, you have to come up with inventive ways to describe the pros and cons of each player. And when you break it down into a "best three aspects" and "worst three aspects" type of thing sometimes you lose sight of the relative weights of each characteristic.

So Brees gets knocked for being too short and Manning for not being mobile and any number of guys for "not going against top level competition." And you can list the skills these guys have, but you have to think about what is being said.

Being content to be blocked when double-teamed just means this guy was looking for a con to put on his list and he hadn't noticed Smith beating a double team in the Sr. Bowl, so there you go. I don't think that particular analysis holds up too well, but I've seen him play more than once.

+ Reply to Thread