+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dunk Exhibition

Varsity Bulldog bulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nice bulldogengr's Avatar

Dunk Exhibition

Did anyone else notice the pregame dunk exhibition? We have guys that put on quite a show! The problem is that I think they were so worried about what type of dunk to do next, that they forgot that the game was about to start. I do enjoy the "Dunking Dawgs", but maybe a little focus might be good.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Re: Dunk Exhibition

#31 for nmsu had an exhibition of his own when he absolutely posterized Rolle. That dunk was nasty.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    #31 for nmsu had an exhibition of his own when he absolutely posterized Rolle. That dunk was nasty.
    Wow I have to give it to #31! To rolle's defence, he did jump late and never got full extension for the block.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

That's typical street ball mentality. Show off with the pre-game dunks, and then not do squat during the game. As I was watching this game, all we were doing was playing street ball. No offensive movement or anything. Rupp must have learned to coach on those mean streets of Salt Lake City. I heard those Mormons play some mean street ball.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Our team was terrible at moving without the ball last night. We look really good one game and then horrendous the next. Last night was definitely one of the horrendous ones.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Having NBA scouts at games usually alters performance. It's normal for a player to attempt to showcase himself. The only way for the coach to stop that is to remove the player from the game and let him sit on the bench. We don't really have that option this season.

It's also normal for players to come together at tournament time and play much better team ball knowing that it could be the last game. That's what makes a talent loaded team like Idaho (currently near the bottom of the standings) dangerous at tournament time.

NMSU may win the conference on talent alone, but last night, they also played extremely well as a team. They found guys who were hot and kept getting them the ball. Castillo and Rahman are not usually that effective. Young and Gibson usually are the shooters but last night they were getting the ball to others.

Only NMSU can equal the talent we have on the starting five. USU consistently plays the best team basketball but we definitely have better talent. The conference race still has a long way to go.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Having NBA scouts at games usually alters performance. It's normal for a player to attempt to showcase himself. The only way for the coach to stop that is to remove the player from the game and let him sit on the bench. We don't really have that option this season.

It's also normal for players to come together at tournament time and play much better team ball knowing that it could be the last game. That's what makes a talent loaded team like Idaho (currently near the bottom of the standings) dangerous at tournament time.

NMSU may win the conference on talent alone, but last night, they also played extremely well as a team. They found guys who were hot and kept getting them the ball. Castillo and Rahman are not usually that effective. Young and Gibson usually are the shooters but last night they were getting the ball to others.

Only NMSU can equal the talent we have on the starting five. USU consistently plays the best team basketball but we definitely have better talent. The conference race still has a long way to go.
    I remember in Rupp's first year being amazed at the the fire our team played with, and the way they played together. I remember really looking forward to see that same fire and discipline executed by all that talent we had waiting on the bench. It seems like we lost that fire and discipline when then talent became the starters.

The first year had me convinced that Rupp is the kind of coach who can create synergistic effects, squeezing performance out of a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. Haven't seen that since the first season, though.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I remember in Rupp's first year being amazed at the the fire our team played with, and the way they played together. I remember really looking forward to see that same fire and discipline executed by all that talent we had waiting on the bench. It seems like we lost that fire and discipline when then talent became the starters.

The first year had me convinced that Rupp is the kind of coach who can create synergistic effects, squeezing performance out of a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. Haven't seen that since the first season, though.
    We saw spurts of that great performance last year near the end of the season and it has continued to large portions of many games this season. The fire and discipline was not there as much last night. I think it was because NMSU played extremely well in the first few minutes and we were 11 down early. When we made runs, they answered. Magnum played with great fire and determination on offense most of the game until he began to tire. He didn't play his usual game on defense, but he did stay out of foul trouble.

Last night's performance was an aberration that we should overcome. The season is not over. At a minimum, I would like to see us split the 4 road games and win all the remaining home games. This would make us 12-4 in conference and that will probably be good enough for a top 2 seed depending on possible ties and tiebreakers.

As I've said all season long, we have to win the WAC tournament to guarantee the NCAA tournament. I think 24 or 25 regular season wins is still possible and that's been my hope all along.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

So last night was the truth and Utah State was the fluke. 4 games of truth and 18 flukes. My goodness you guys are crazy.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    So last night was the truth and Utah State was the fluke. 4 games of truth and 18 flukes. My goodness you guys are crazy.
    We have more talent than Utah State, at least in our starting 5. Go back and re-read my post.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogengr View Post
    Did anyone else notice the pregame dunk exhibition? We have guys that put on quite a show! The problem is that I think they were so worried about what type of dunk to do next, that they forgot that the game was about to start. I do enjoy the "Dunking Dawgs", but maybe a little focus might be good.
    We talked about that. I'm not sure what was up with that, but the way we played in this game, if I were the coach I'd make sure we don't do it again.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

You didn't think Utah State was just that. Some of the best basketball ever played in that building.

And yes that first team played hard, never gave up but they were not as cohesive or as disciplined as some have made them out to be.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I believe Rupp has had this team playing some of the best basketball we have seen at Tech in some time. I just think the horses are wearing out. We are 5 deep guys, and that is it. We hardly have a bench. It is hard to keep up the pace over 35 to 40 games with no bench. I worry about us at tournament time, too. Playing back to back to back will be hard for this team, just a fact.

+ Reply to Thread