+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Season 2010 Thread

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Fishing Season 2010 Thread

Now that hunting season is over it's time to pull out the rods and reels.
    Went to Cross Lake yesterday to try some white perch. They caught them on Sat but I couldn't find 'em yesterday. GOt skunked.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Fishing Season 2010 Thread

went and bought a dozen more yo'yo's at lunch. looking at putting them and a trotline out this weekend on Darbonne

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

If the weather holds we're running trotlines on one of the oxbows on the Red this Sunday and Monday.

Do you have much succes this time of year on the yo-yos CHou?

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Do you have much succes this time of year on the yo-yos CHou?
    Its been a long time since i had true success on them, mainly because i've been turkey hunting instead. seems like the month of march is usually prime time. most folks set them with the minnow a foot or two under the top of the water. I always set mine where he is on top or as close as I get get it to the top. Always figured the noise he made would draw the fish in. I have set yoyo's out to where you couldnt bait them fast enough because you'd have to go back and take fish off of the other ones. Its a BLAST when that happens.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Its been a long time since i had true success on them, mainly because i've been turkey hunting instead. seems like the month of march is usually prime time. most folks set them with the minnow a foot or two under the top of the water. I always set mine where he is on top or as close as I get get it to the top. Always figured the noise he made would draw the fish in. I have set yoyo's out to where you couldnt bait them fast enough because you'd have to go back and take fish off of the other ones. Its a BLAST when that happens.

Yo-yo's are legal now? My granddad was a Cross Lake patrolman and he used to confiscate them - which worked out awesome for me.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

If the weather ever gets decent on a weekend and the river begins to fall, I've got about 3 dozen jugs rigged up to take to the river. Doesn't look like we will get another fall in the river for a while. Who knows when the weather will be decent again.

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    I , also set the minnow just below the surface. If you wanna catch a bunch of mudcat, set them deeper. I usually run yo-yos in mid-late Feb, and do decent on Darbonne.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    Yo-yo's are legal now? My granddad was a Cross Lake patrolman and he used to confiscate them - which worked out awesome for me.
    Illegal on Cross Lake, legal on others apparently.

I usually go after the catfish on Cross.....where are the bass?? My 13 yr old wants me to take him bass fishing on Cross.....never tried it. I know where the perch and catfish are, not so much the bass.

Appreciate any assistance

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    There are only a couple of lakes in Louisiana that they are not legal in. Most of the lakes have very strict rules regarding their use which are almost never followed properly.

Most lakes state that you must take them down for certain times during the "day". All lakes that I am aware of state that you can not install them on metal poles... That is one of my biggest peeves...nothing destroys a fiberglass hull like an iron rod.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Illegal on Cross Lake, legal on others apparently.

I usually go after the catfish on Cross.....where are the bass?? My 13 yr old wants me to take him bass fishing on Cross.....never tried it. I know where the perch and catfish are, not so much the bass.

Appreciate any assistance
    I haven't fished it in over 20 years, but I would think that the universal rules of bass fishing apply: fish the boathouses and piers on the main lake, or if you can go upstream to the bayou portion of the lake, there is alot of flooded cypress you could fish. That's about all I got.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post
    There are only a couple of lakes in Louisiana that they are not legal in. Most of the lakes have very strict rules regarding their use which are almost never followed properly.

Most lakes state that you must take them down for certain times during the "day". All lakes that I am aware of state that you can not install them on metal poles... That is one of my biggest peeves...nothing destroys a fiberglass hull like an iron rod.
    There's a piece of rebar sitcking out of just about every stump on Lake Claiborne. Major hull hazard.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

I went to Caney for the 2nd time last week and caught 10. All were nice bass but had to throw back 7 with 4 of those being in the 3 pound+ range because they were in the slot. That was a tough thing to do! I had never fished a slot lake before but had a really good time up there.

Ran set-lines this past Sunday PM and did do very well. Had 7 cats on 35 hooks. The 7 were all good eatin' size. I'll be perch jerkin' on the Red this coming Sunday. Might try for a few green trout this Sunday as well but don't care about eating them all that much and really only like catching them on topwaters as their explosive strikes are darn near their only endearing quality...unless you have a pretty, sparkle painted, huge engined boat with stickers all over your shirts/hats/boats proclaiming the mighty green trout as the freshwater king of fishes.:icon_wink:

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Ran set-lines this past Sunday PM and did do very well. Had 7 cats on 35 hooks. The 7 were all good eatin' size. I'll be perch jerkin' on the Red this coming Sunday. Might try for a few green trout this Sunday as well but don't care about eating them all that much and really only like catching them on topwaters as their explosive strikes are darn near their only endearing quality...unless you have a pretty, sparkle painted, huge engined boat with stickers all over your shirts/hats/boats proclaiming the mighty green trout as the freshwater king of fishes.:icon_wink:
    Hope u plan on launching at red river south cause everything else is closed

+ Reply to Thread