+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Season 2010 Thread

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Fishing Season 2010 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Was mowing yesterday and kept seeing fish churning in shallow water as I was mowing around the lake. I was hoping red ears were bedding. Went to the store and purchased $6 worth of crickets. We caught 40ish, but none were big. Not many red ears either. Mostly bream. Anyway, they ate good tonight.

Went out in the boat for a quick trip around the lake late this afternoon. I was getting skunked by my 11 year old 3-0 before I finally caught one.
    walmart crickets? or did you pay to much for them?

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Caught 20 or so bass fishing at Grand Bayou with my wife today. The wind was whippin' and I bet we could have caught 50 but I had to run the troll motor the whole time and my wife really like to catch trees, stumps, reeds, the boat, ect... I had two over the slot (14"-17") and 3 or 4 in the slot (2-3lbs or so). Caught them on orange bellied metallic blue Rogues in 2 1/2 to 4 ft water. The rest of the under ther slot fish made the trip home with me and are about to be fried and topped with a crawfish sauce. I'll be back after them tomorrow. If the wind lays down I'll be after white perch. Sure wouldn't mind a report from Shreveportdawg on Caddo Lake:icon_wink:.
    Friday - wind whipped my ass. Only caught 4 on bloodline chartreuse spinner then crushed the trolling motor against a telephone pole then swamped an i-phone trying to get the boat on the trailer after one of the runners started floating away..... 4 fish = $1000

Saturday - caught 17 on 6" red flake watermelon YUM lizard in 2-4 feet tree clusters around islands and against bank... 5 slot fish, 7 over slot, 5 under slot

Sunday - broke off 8-10 pounder in private pond in Choudrant fishing the old trusty frog torpedo....Gotta love the explosion on that top water

Sorry no pics...Camera battery dead and well the i-phone.........

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Now that hunting season is over it's time to pull out the rods and reels.
    Went to Cross Lake yesterday to try some white perch. They caught them on Sat but I couldn't find 'em yesterday. GOt skunked.
    Last year the white perch were great in the oxbow on the south side of the Haven subdivision, and it is accessible from the river also.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Last year the white perch were great in the oxbow on the south side of the Haven subdivision, and it is accessible from the river also.
    I fished that SOB from one side to the other and didn't catch a darn thing!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    Friday - wind whipped my ass. Only caught 4 on bloodline chartreuse spinner then crushed the trolling motor against a telephone pole then swamped an i-phone trying to get the boat on the trailer after one of the runners started floating away..... 4 fish = $1000

Saturday - caught 17 on 6" red flake watermelon YUM lizard in 2-4 feet tree clusters around islands and against bank... 5 slot fish, 7 over slot, 5 under slot

Sunday - broke off 8-10 pounder in private pond in Choudrant fishing the old trusty frog torpedo....Gotta love the explosion on that top water

Sorry no pics...Camera battery dead and well the i-phone.........
    So were you fishing around the tree islands on the old telegraph lines?:icon_wink:

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Haven't caught any white perch yet. I keep checking off my pier at night, but they haven't moved in. I did catch four big hybrids last night. They just about whipped my butt on the light tackle I was fishing with for white perch. They really made the drag sing on my little ultralight reel. They are the pullingest fish we have on Lake Claiborne. I hate them, but they are fun to catch. I hung one more, but he wrapped me up in some brush and broke off. They were all 2.5 to 3 pounds.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Haven't caught any white perch yet. I keep checking off my pier at night, but they haven't moved in. I did catch four big hybrids last night. They just about whipped my butt on the light tackle I was fishing with for white perch. They really made the drag sing on my little ultralight reel. They are the pullingest fish we have on Lake Claiborne. I hate them, but they are fun to catch. I hung one more, but he wrapped me up in some brush and broke off. They were all 2.5 to 3 pounds.
    I've got a secret that will make those hybrids fry-up just like white perch. Filet them and remove the red line. Marinate the filets for 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on thickness, in DIET 7-Up or Sprite. Don't use regular or it will scorch the sugar. Dredge filets in a mixture of Tony C's and flour, not corn meal, and fry as you normally would. Do not use an egg wash-just take the filets from the diet 7-Up and place directly in flour.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I've got a secret that will make those hybrids fry-up just like white perch. Filet them and remove the red line. Marinate the filets for 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on thickness, in DIET 7-Up or Sprite. Don't use regular or it will scorch the sugar. Dredge filets in a mixture of Tony C's and flour, not corn meal, and fry as you normally would. Do not use an egg wash-just take the filets from the diet 7-Up and place directly in flour.
    I normally use corn meal mix w/a salt mixture of some sort. I used crab boil last night. It is different, but I like it.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Two weeks ago I hit some ponds in Arkansas on Sat and a famous trout river on Sun. Between my dad and I we had a 94 fish weekend, 52 trout (mostly rainbows, some browns), 38 bass (no huge ones), and 4 bream.

Been eating the trout and they are tasty.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

So were you fishing around the tree islands on the old telegraph lines?:icon_wink:
    Friday I was....Saturday I launched off of Highway 1 before the bridge and fished near the dam

Fished all over Caddo yesterday and caught 1 bass. Tried white perch all day and got skunked. Switched to bass at dusk. Started out at telegraph and ended up by Drift-In under the bridge. Tough day fishing but still beats working.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Thanks, Ross, I added one more big joker to the live basket last night, then transferred them into an ice chest. I'll put the fillet knife to them this afternoon. I will try your method of cooking them. Thanks for the tip.

I did finally catch some white perch last night after the ball game ended. I think they must not come into the lights until nearly midnight.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Caught 9 on Toledo Bend yesterday afternoon on spinner bait and texas rigged watermelon lizards... 1 to 2 feet of water. Wind was brutal

Will be on Grand Bayou with a bunch of TECH guys tomorrow. Will report.

Will be on Grand Bayou with a bunch of TECH guys tomorrow. Will report.

Thanks for the invite buddy

+ Reply to Thread