+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: And the beat goes on...

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: And the beat goes on...

Dude I know the guy is gone but Dooley did a good job at Tenn in a short time. They got the state of Georgia's best player from UGA yesterday. I have no doubt that Dooley will recruit with the best on rocky top i just dont see his teams being much better than 8-4 or 9-3.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Oh God!! They're doomed.
    Kiffen had UT up to #5 on Rivals and #10 on Scout. I am not necessarily talking about the job Dooley is or is not doing, more than expectations in Rocky Top.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Dude I know the guy is gone but Dooley did a good job at Tenn in a short time. They got the state of Georgia's best player from UGA yesterday. I have no doubt that Dooley will recruit with the best on rocky top i just dont see his teams being much better than 8-4 or 9-3.
    Exactly, which in my opinion will earn him about 3 years, before he is back at UGA as recruiting coordinator and skill coach.

Varsity Bulldog cherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    Exactly, which in my opinion will earn him about 3 years, before he is back at UGA as recruiting coordinator and skill coach.
    He won't backslide - it's not his nature at all. He'll be an AD type before he is a coordinator or skills coach. He's a natural AD type, not a natural Xs and Os coach.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post

My point is he can recruit and did well in a short time. Jury still out on the coaching.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    My point is he can recruit and did well in a short time. Jury still out on the coaching.
    Dooley getting that receiver under the circumstances he got him was about as impressive a recruiting job as I have seen.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Dooley got lots of accolades on the class on ESPN last night. He left us better than we were. Let it go.
    Exactly...I wish him well.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

It always sounds like a lot of players go out of state to SEC schools. That wasn't the case this year. Here's how many went outside La to other SEC schools.
    Arkansas---2
    Vanderbilt--2
    Auburn-- 1
    Mississippi State--1
    LSU signed 13 in state.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Dooley well. He did a fantastic job at Tech. Got us a Bowl win and, although, we had a losing season last year, we have never played lsu that close and we took Boise to the wire, as well. His X and O's seem fine to me - especially with Spangler working the Defense. Don't get me started on how good of a job he did as A.D.

So, I wish him well. He is gone now and we have a GREAT HC and are moving forward still. Can't ask for better than that right now. So, I hold no bitterness toward Dooley. I hope he does well at Tenn., unless we have them on the schedule.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    It always sounds like a lot of players go out of state to SEC schools. That wasn't the case this year. Here's how many went outside La to other SEC schools.
    Arkansas---2
    Vanderbilt--2
    Auburn-- 1
    Mississippi State--1
    LSU signed 13 in state.
    it was an awful class of elite recruits in louisiana. lsu signed some in-state that it wouldn't normally sign if it hadn't lost some better out-of-state players. we didn't sign many in-state. i think ull only signed three. ulm signed only a handful. same with tulane. then only six went to other sec schools. man, those numbers just aren't very good. in the past, you had 30-40 players signing with major fbs schools.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    His X and O's seem fine to me .
    My problems with Dooley's "X's and O's" coaching were as follows:

1) His teams are far too slow out of the gate each year. We never played well before game 5.
    2) He can't make changes in personnel. Apparently he thinks changes must be permanent.
    3) He overuses the "pooch" kick.
    4) He doesn't believe in punting more than 25 yds.
    5) It takes him too long to figure out what works (e.g., passing downfield to DMO) and what doesn't (Ross Jenkins throwing another short pass less than 5 yds downfield).

Besides the above, I had a problem with Dooley closing all practices, and he didn't win enough. (Only 4 wins? Awe, come on!) Besides these things, he was okay.

HD

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

DD is a recruiter and AD big picture type. IMHO, a X's and O's coach he was and is not.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    DD is a recruiter and AD big picture type. IMHO, a X's and O's coach he was and is not.

At least that is his track record so far...

+ Reply to Thread