+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a member?

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Are you a member?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    PUUUULEEEZE tell me you're kidding, Tyler. That sounds so bush.

Come on guys....GET A CLUE! Do some of you just not have a "marketing" bone in your entire body?

HD

i think that tylertechsas guy just likes to agree with people.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    Still prefer "Bulldog Family" to Bulldog Nation". As BDog05 shows, everybody and their brother is some "nation". We are unique and better than that imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I agree, it's overdone at this point. Hell it was overdone several points ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I agree! Or "TECH FAMILY".
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    PUUUULEEEZE tell me you're kidding, Tyler. That sounds so bush.

Come on guys....GET A CLUE! Do some of you just not have a "marketing" bone in your entire body?

HD
    It is sold at Tech freshman orientation as the "TECH FAMILY" as well last I checked. Any changes guys? Did you take your college age kids to Tech's freshmen orientation HD? It is bigger than athletics when presented in this way. Besides, female athletes aren't Bulldogs and that might be the reason they started using Tech Family. I don't know. Bulldog Nation, though so many others use "------nations" out there , might sound more sexy or masculine but it has alawys been the "Tech Family" as far as I know.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 02-06-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Bulldog NB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her game

Those "videos" are a bit lacking.....athletics needs to walk over to the graphic design department in the school of art and ask some students to make something for them next time.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

How about a kudos for promoting football throughout the offseason? I remember a few years back we could barely get a radio spot during the season it seemed. I like that I am seeing an advertisement, no matter how small, during the offseason. That's just me.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It is sold at Tech freshman orientation as the "TECH FAMILY" as well last I checked. Any changes guys? Did you take your college age kids to Tech's freshmen orientation HD? It is bigger than athletics when presented in this way. Besides, female athletes aren't Bulldogs and that might be the reason the started using Tech Family. I don't know. Bulldog Nation, though so many others use "------nations" out there , might sound more sexy or masculine but it has alawys been the "Tech Family" as far as I know.
    Tyler, the whole point of a "Bulldog Nation" (or somesuch name) is that we must recruit new fans and new supporters from OUTSIDE the traditional "Tech family".

For instance, we've already got 17K-20K Tech "family members" who make up the core of our current football attendance. But to be really successful, we need to tap resources OUTSIDE our traditional "family" base.

This isn't about "freshman orientation". Those kids are indeed new members of the Tech family, and we welcome them. However, as an athletic department, we need to market to the "casual fan" in Shreveport, Monroe, and the rest of north Louisiana. We need to get fans with no prior connection with Tech engaged in Tech sports....These people aren't typically graduates of Tech, and they certainly don't think of themselves as members of the "Tech family".

El Comprehende Amigo?

HD

Bulldog NB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    How about a kudos for promoting football throughout the offseason? I remember a few years back we could barely get a radio spot during the season it seemed. I like that I am seeing an advertisement, no matter how small, during the offseason. That's just me.
    No doubt! It's great to see the marketing that is going on, I just think we need to step up our game a little bit. Getting the students involved can yield some incredible results.

An example would be a senior design project a few years back. The Louisiana Tech Traditions Committee wanted torches made that could be used to enhance the freshman programs the university was implementing. They asked if some engineering students could design and build these Olympic style torches and a few months later they had four fully functional Olympic torches at a fraction of what it would have cost to buy them. The students got credit for their senior design due to the work that went into the design and fabrication and the committee got a steal on some torches, it was a WIN-WIN!

I think we could get some great videos/promotional items if we utilize our students. Make a contest with a cash prize for the winner of the best video/team schedule poster/etc.... and I think we would all be amazed with the results! Also, making the students feel involved can only help our numbers at events!

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

LoL I agree with the above seen better graphics on the Atari. LoL

But yeah Im in

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

It is sold at Tech freshman orientation as the "TECH FAMILY" as well last I checked. Any changes guys? Did you take your college age kids to Tech's freshmen orientation HD? It is bigger than athletics when presented in this way. Besides, female athletes aren't Bulldogs and that might be the reason the started using Tech Family. I don't know. Bulldog Nation, though so many others use "------nations" out there , might sound more sexy or masculine but it has alawys been the "Tech Family" as far as I know.
    To me "Tech Family" address those who are students/alums/benefactors. So we can include more fans into the mix growing our athletic programs, I can see them using "Bulldog Nation". We need to target those who do not have any direct ties to Tech into becoming Bulldog fans.

My suggestions (yes these are silly):
    Bulldog Empire
    People's Republic of LA Tech
    Bulldogians, Bulldoginites, Bulldognese

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

TECHophiles.....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BDog05 View Post
    I'll die before I cheer for the Saints.
    Rest in Peace.

Geaux Saints and DAWGS!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

It is sold at Tech freshman orientation as the "TECH FAMILY" as well last I checked. Any changes guys? Did you take your college age kids to Tech's freshmen orientation HD? It is bigger than athletics when presented in this way. Besides, female athletes aren't Bulldogs and that might be the reason they started using Tech Family. I don't know. Bulldog Nation, though so many others use "------nations" out there , might sound more sexy or masculine but it has alawys been the "Tech Family" as far as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    To me "Tech Family" address those who are students/alums/benefactors. So we can include more fans into the mix growing our athletic programs, I can see them using "Bulldog Nation". We need to target those who do not have any direct ties to Tech into becoming Bulldog fans.
    I'm right there with you.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

The Pre-game 300 speech: Part Deux!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    The Pre-game 300 speech: Part Deux!
    I don't think it's that bad. NOTHING will ever be that bad.

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I don't think it's that bad. NOTHING will ever be that bad.
    Oh man. Right there with you. Lets spend the rest of this thread talking about how awful it was.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

OK bring them in as Bulldog Nation then make them into TECH Family. If we don't get them into the family then they are equivalent to bandwagon. We want to build the fan base for permanence by making them family. That means not acting like the ones to the south but building our following on higher principles. I agree with Tyler, family is better. The question is, how do we move them into family?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread