+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The forrest for the trees......

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The forrest for the trees......

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    That was a total waste of time and space.
    ....but I'm gonna have to remember this line T77, it got a chuckle out of me too. Thanks.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This whole thread is a total waste of time and space.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    CONSERVATIVES......
    Are not extremely complicated folk...... By choice!

True conservatives are status quo adherents who routinely reflect the beliefs and attidudes of their conservative parents/ancestors, and the accepted/practiced folkways and mores of their immediate society.

True conservatives evince a substantial degree of respect for accepted traditions and established institutions.

True conservatives are inherently inclined to cautiously resist change......
    Unless it is seemingly moderate, and does not overtly challenge their core beliefs.

True conservatives are not categorically dumb. Their ranks include as prestigious a collection of well educated individuals and recognized intellectuals as their often otherwise stereotyped liberal cousins.

True conservatives are not evil. They express their goodness as sincerely as liberals. The difference is often the method, not the resulting satisfaction.

True conservatives are by and large decent individuals who are generally comfortable with their various views and habits, and understandably proud of their way of life.

Obviously......
    The brief missive above does not fully delineate every aspect of conservativism.
    But I offer it as a starting point in what I sincerely hope may become a reasoned discussion on an all too often FLAMING topic.

As always......
    I shall eagerly await any constuctive dawg dialogue.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

When next I touch 2 fingers to my keyboard......
    LIBERALS!

Cheers.
    Liberals......
    Are also not extremely complicated folk...... But few will admit it.

Liberals are prone to accept change when it meets their criteria of fairness, and when said change falls within the parameters of what they consider to be common sense.

Liberals are broad-minded individuals who profess to be highly TOLERANT of the views and behavior of others. Such tolerance does not demand understanding.

Liberals are stalwart defenders of individual freedom, and individual rights for ALL...... Rather than any collection of a FEW.

Liberals routinely reject any seemingly irrational submission to authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition...... But tend to display a high degree of respect for PAST human accomplishments that appear to continue to serve the best interests of mankind.

Liberals (like conservatives) are predominantly good and decent individuals who sincerely believe in their philosophy of life, and roam through their moments on our tiny planet as best they are able.

As with my missive regarding conservatives......
    The above is intended as only a sketch, and not a fully detailed portrait.

And as before......
    I invite any serious comments that may add to our understanding of these frquently used, and often abused terms.

BTW......
    I agree with AG regarding my use of the word "real" in my prior conservative post. Not for precisely the same reason...... But close enough.
    Ergo...... I have omitted "real" in the above, and I shall edit my conservative post accordingly.

NEXT......
    The tingle of the ideological mingle.

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

CONSERVATIVES......
    Are not extremely complicated folk...... By choice!

Conservatives are status quo adherents who routinely reflect the beliefs and attidudes of their conservative parents/ancestors, and the accepted/practiced folkways and mores of their immediate society.

Conservatives evince a substantial degree of respect for accepted traditions and established institutions.

Conservatives are inherently inclined to cautiously resist change......
    Unless it is seemingly moderate, and does not overtly challenge their core beliefs.

Conservatives are not categorically dumb. Their ranks include as prestigious a collection of well educated individuals and recognized intellectuals as their often otherwise stereotyped liberal cousins.

Conservatives are not evil. They express their goodness as sincerely as liberals. The difference is often the method, not the resulting satisfaction.

Conservatives are by and large decent individuals who are generally comfortable with their various views and habits, and understandably proud of their way of life.

Obviously......
    The brief missive above does not fully delineate every aspect of conservativism.
    But I offer it as a starting point in what I sincerely hope may become a reasoned discussion on an all too often FLAMING topic.

As always......
    I shall eagerly await any constuctive dawg dialogue.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

When next I touch 2 fingers to my keyboard......
    LIBERALS!

Cheers.
    Edited as promised......
    Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Before any democrat or republican party existed......
    And long before any democrat or republican politician first lied to one of his fellow citizens to garner a vote......
    Men who espoused a conservative philosophy lived quite comfortably within the sincere confines of THEIR preferred way of life......
    And men who preferred to explore what (if anything) might be possible beyond the sincere confines of their neighbors horizons, also lived quite comfortably with less confinement, but as contently, while pursuing the various unmarked paths of their liberal philosophy.

Being an honest conservative, or an honest liberal......
    Has absolutely nothing to do with the three-card monte hocus-pocus of either the recent republican party, or the recent democrat party.
    And the FACT that so many conservatives and liberals have been duped into becoming crusaders for either collection of political lies......
    Merely proves the old adage that "you can fool most of the people some of the time".

What passes every day in contemporary America......
    (Be it on the dawg politics board......
    On CNN, FOX, MSNBC, or any other 4th estate program or print......
    In diners and taverns, and in churches and universities......
    And damn near everywhere else......)
    As conservative v. liberal values and thought......
    Has become tied at the hip to a political con job that has been perpetrated by the greatest collection of hucksters since Ripley.

SO......
    If a true conservative cannot be measured by any republican party rubber stamp......
    And a true liberal cannot be measured by any democrat definition......
    How may an honest man begin sorting true conservatives from true liberals?

to be continued......

Cheers.
    Spot on. Thank you for posting that.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gimpcoach View Post
    The ONLY difference between a liberal and a conservative is that a liberal recognizes the conservative's right to exist.
    bullshit
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    That was a total waste of time and space.
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Varsity Bulldog gimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her game gimpcoach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    I rest my case.:icon_wink:

The tingle of the ideological mingle......
    Or STEP II.

Interestingly......
    Damn near every liberal exhibits a conservative attidude regarding some commonly contested liberal v. conservative issue(s).
    And likewise, damn near every conservative demonstrates the same tendency to "make exceptions" amidst an otherwise well fortified conservative line.

For example......
    Most liberals vigorously support an open/integrated housing ideology......
    But some waver if it may significantly impact property values in THEIR back yard.

Most conservatives routinely support Americn war, and accept the fact that American blood must be shed to WIN......
    But some waver when it may be THEIR son or daughter who will die in the name of any such victory.

Most liberals are pro-choice advocates.
    But some waver when it is THEIR daughter who wants to abort their grandchild.

Most conservatives oppose gay rights.
    But some waver when it is THEIR child being subjected to any such second class citizenship.

The list of EXCEPTIONS is precisely as lengthy as the list of any issues that may inflame any conservative v. liberal debate.
    And the KEY that unlocks virtually every EXCEPTION......
    Is PERSONAL involvement, rather than mere theoretical association.

As usual......
    I invite any serious comments that agree with, qualify, or oppose my above brief effort.

Next......
    Consevative and liberal MYTHS.

Cheers.

Most liberals

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    This whole thread is a total waste of time and space.
    You may be RIGHT......

As a gentleman who has grown old, and cannot claim with even an iota of certainty that I have ever been RIGHT about anything......
    I would never hesitate to defer to another gentleman who avers being RIGHT "97% of the time.

May I assume your claim involves everything Horatio could ever dream of...... And perhaps MORE?

However......
    Given your 97% CERTAINTY that none of the other regular dawg authors even approach YOUR touted knack for sorting seed from chaff......
    Perhaps YOU may understand why a KNOW NOTHING fellow like myself......
    And some (all) dawgs who have not as yet mounted YOUR plateau of near perfection......
    May find this thread to be less than a "total waste of time and space".

Here's a thought......
    From a gentleman (me) who is prone to take any gentleman AT HIS WORD, and not demand actual proof...... To another gentleman (you).
    Perhaps there are lesser fellows who prowl the varied pages of dawgland......
    Who demand more than a gentleman's word to be convinced of his merit/honesty.

Ergo......
    Why don't you take a few of your obviously valuable/nearly perfect moments to scribble a truly brilliant missive that will eliminate the need for any continued debate/comment on this time and space consuming thread......
    And thereby......
    Demonstrate YOUR 97% RIGHTNESS......
    While eliminating the need for myself and others to stumble about in the shadows of YOUR superior certainty?

HELLS BELLS......
    Just imagine if YOU would opt to do so on every thread/board, from football to politcs...... Instead of just proffering only casual and mostly meaningless comments that routinely camouflage your declared genius.
    All this site would then need would be a series of thread topics, followed by YOUR RIGHT STUFF......
    AND NOTHING MORE......
    Unless some minor thread happened to broach one of those 3% issues where YOU may not be absolutely RIGHT......
    AT THE TOP!

Cheers.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Liberals and conservatives are both hypocritical.

Conservatives want to be free from financial government regulation but control people's social lives with government regulation. Vice versa for liberals. It doesn't make any damn sense.

Varsity Bulldog gimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her game gimpcoach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Liberals and conservatives are both hypocritical.

Conservatives want to be free from financial government regulation but control people's social lives with government regulation. Vice versa for liberals. It doesn't make any damn sense.

excellent point, FB couldn't have said it better myself.:icon_wink:

MYTHS......
    Or STEP III.

I'll start with one of my personal favorites.
    The vast majority of conservatives, and the vast majority of liberals are NOT honest advocates of FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY.
    And I offer the following to explain my reasoning.

1) The vast majority of conservatives and liberals (like most Americans) live their lives in a manner that results in substantial DEBT. Each has their "REASONS" for rationalizing THEIR personal DEBT equation...... But the end result is precisely the same. They live in DEBT!
    We often hear statistics regarding credit card default, home forclosures, bankruptcy filings, and so forth. But I have never seen any numbers that detail DEATH DEFAULT.
    Death default is when either a conservative or a liberal dies...... And the sale of all of their assets does not satisfy their personal DEBT obligations.
    And often......
    The final ledger line in these debt default calculations is an expensive funeral that punctuates the gross lack of fiscal responsibility displayed by the dearly departed throughout their life.
    SO......
    Who are these conservatives and liberals who regularly clamor so vociferously for OTHERS to demonstate FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY?

Cheers.

MYTHS......
    Or STEP III.

I'll start with one of my personal favorites.
    The vast majority of conservatives, and the vast majority of liberals are NOT honest advocates of FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY.
    And I offer the following to explain my reasoning.

1) The vast majority of conservatives and liberals (like most Americans) live their lives in a manner that results in substantial DEBT. Each has their "REASONS" for rationalizing THEIR personal DEBT equation...... But the end result is precisely the same. They live in DEBT!
    We often hear statistics regarding credit card default, home forclosures, bankruptcy filings, and so forth. But I have never seen any numbers that detail DEATH DEFAULT.
    Death default is when either a conservative or a liberal dies...... And the sale of all of their assets does not satisfy their personal DEBT obligations.
    And often......
    The final ledger line in these debt default calculations is an expensive funeral that punctuates the gross lack of fiscal responsibility displayed by the dearly departed throughout their life.
    SO......
    Who are these conservatives and liberals who regularly clamor so vociferously for OTHERS to demonstate FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY?

Cheers.
    to be continued......

Cheers.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

The tingle of the ideological mingle......
    Or STEP II.

Interestingly......
    Damn near every liberal exhibits a conservative attidude regarding some commonly contested liberal v. conservative issue(s).
    And likewise, damn near every conservative demonstrates the same tendency to "make exceptions" amidst an otherwise well fortified conservative line.

For example......
    Most liberals vigorously support an open/integrated housing ideology......
    But some waver if it may significantly impact property values in THEIR back yard.

Most conservatives routinely support Americn war, and accept the fact that American blood must be shed to WIN......
    But some waver when it may be THEIR son or daughter who will die in the name of any such victory.

Most liberals are pro-choice advocates.
    But some waver when it is THEIR daughter who wants to abort their grandchild.

Most conservatives oppose gay rights.
    But some waver when it is THEIR child being subjected to any such second class citizenship.

The list of EXCEPTIONS is precisely as lengthy as the list of any issues that may inflame any conservative v. liberal debate.
    And the KEY that unlocks virtually every EXCEPTION......
    Is PERSONAL involvement, rather than mere theoretical association.

As usual......
    I invite any serious comments that agree with, qualify, or oppose my above brief effort.

Next......
    Consevative and liberal MYTHS.

Cheers.

Most liberals

So True!

+ Reply to Thread