+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Saints...Louisiana's Team?

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

The Saints...Louisiana's Team?

As the hours tick away toward the Super Bowl I congratulate all of the merchants in our area who have been able to sell anything black and gold in combination with a fleur de lis. This is always great for business, I expect sales tax revenue to be up for January and February.

Speaking of taxes, there has been a lot written about how the Saints are the recepients of state tax dollars throughout the years and the various agreements and contracts that started from the time Gov. McKeithen built the Superdome to the current agreement that Gov. Jindal recently reached that should keep the Saints in the state through 2025.

Since most of us are citizens of the state of Louisiana but most are not residents of New Orleans or greater New Orleans, can anyone remember the last time any of the Saints players traveled to north LA on a fan or publicity trip?

Can't we have an exhibition game at least once every other year in Independence Stadium? (They could do the same in Lafayette)

Go Saints but since this is truly a "state" team, how about showing a little love for the fans in other parts of the state who are rooting just as loud as anyone for your success.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: The Saints...Louisiana's Team?

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    As the hours tick away toward the Super Bowl I congratulate all of the merchants in our area who have been able to sell anything black and gold in combination with a fleur de lis. This is always great for business, I expect sales tax revenue to be up for January and February.

Speaking of taxes, there has been a lot written about how the Saints are the recepients of state tax dollars throughout the years and the various agreements and contracts that started from the time Gov. McKeithen built the Superdome to the current agreement that Gov. Jindal recently reached that should keep the Saints in the state through 2025.

Since most of us are citizens of the state of Louisiana but most are not residents of New Orleans or greater New Orleans, can anyone remember the last time any of the Saints players traveled to north LA on a fan or publicity trip?

Can't we have an exhibition game at least once every other year in Independence Stadium? (They could do the same in Lafayette)

Go Saints but since this is truly a "state" team, how about showing a little love for the fans in other parts of the state who are rooting just as loud as anyone for your success.

yes they had a caravan here in 2005. Pre-season game in 06. Lets save this discussion for another day. WHO DAT

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    yes they had a caravan here in 2005. Pre-season game in 06. Lets save this discussion for another day. WHO DAT
    ok

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

FWIW, I am in the BR area. Even Baton Rouge has never supported LSU as much as it supported the Saints this week. BCS championships are one thing. Super Bowl championships are another. Nobody watches a game more than this one. If politicians, business leaders etc. have any sense they realize that there are very few things that can unite all of Louisiana. The Saints CAN be one of them.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Who Dat?????????

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post

Over here in Mississippi too. I'm from La. but live in MS. and I can truly say the Saints were playing for an entire region of fans tonight and have been for a long time.

Just unbelievable!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It was interesting that Tom Benson was about the only one who repeatedly stated the the Saints were not just New Orleans' team, but Louisiana's team.

He remembers where the money came from.:icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    It was interesting that Tom Benson was about the only one who repeatedly stated the the Saints were not just New Orleans' team, but Louisiana's team.

Yes he did!!!

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw them play the preseason game in independence stadium vs cowboys a few years ago.

Truely Louisiana's team!!! (completely different than ls...who)

go saints!!!!!! Superbowl!!!!!

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

I know a couple of Saints players came up to Monroe to sign autographs a couple years ago...but I don't blame the Saints for not recognizing north LA...there just weren't THAT MANY fans here, until now...

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Louisiana certainly pays for the Saints, so it SHOULD be Louisiana's team. I was raised as a Saints fan and always have been, so this is probably the greatest moment in sports for me in my lifetime. Tech can win the national championship in football and it will still, no offense, be the #2 sports event in my life behind the Saints becoming WORLD CHAMPIONS! I went too late tonight to get a championship t-shirt, because they were gone, but I'll get one tomorrow and a hat for sure!

WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS?! NOBODY!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    I know a couple of Saints players came up to Monroe to sign autographs a couple years ago...but I don't blame the Saints for not recognizing north LA...there just weren't THAT MANY fans here, until now...
    Aint that the truth. Bandwagoners.

Just heard that Academy Sports in S'port has sold out of 8,000 Saints' Super Bowl Champs shirts....last night! At least 7,000 of those were claiming to be Cowboy fans up to a few weeks ago.

But, it will help in sales' tax revenues for struggling local governments.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Oh?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Oh?
    Amazing isn't it?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Really? I don't think so Scooter.

+ Reply to Thread