+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Saints...Louisiana's Team?

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Re: The Saints...Louisiana's Team?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Aint that the truth. Bandwagoners.

Just heard that Academy Sports in S'port has sold out of 8,000 Saints' Super Bowl Champs shirts....last night! At least 7,000 of those were claiming to be Cowboy fans up to a few weeks ago.

But, it will help in sales' tax revenues for struggling local governments.
    Yea right...I'm guessing that you were there to poll them.

As far as the Saints being "Louisiana's team"... Just because I'm forced to pay taxes to support the NFL team in New Orleans makes them in no way my team. Personally I never liked the idea of having to pay taxes to support a private team/industry. This year Benson makes enough money to survive. If they fall back to the Saints of old and the bandwagon fans stop buying merchandise...just ask the state for money and threaten to leave the state for a new home if you don't get it.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Really? I don't think so Scooter.
    Two former players just last year..."Morten Andersen and Pat Swilling were at Jaimie's Field of Dreams to sign autographs and take pictures."

http://www.jordansportsledger.com/index.html

I don't keep up so I don't remember when the last time an active player came up.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post
    Two former players just last year..."Morten Andersen and Pat Swilling were at Jaimie's Field of Dreams to sign autographs and take pictures."

http://www.jordansportsledger.com/index.html

I don't keep up so I don't remember when the last time an active player came up.
    He was referring to the comment about there not being many fans in North Louisiana until recently. That's not true.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    He was referring to the comment about there not being many fans in North Louisiana until recently. That's not true.
    She...:icon_wink: How did you assume that?

The "fans" have always been here...they just have been seen wearing blurple and gold lately because that was the most successful bandwagon for them. Now the ones unhappy with Les Miles will trade some of their lspoo gear for Saints gear.

Most people like a winner.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yea right...I'm guessing that you were there to poll them.

As far as the Saints being "Louisiana's team"... Just because I'm forced to pay taxes to support the NFL team in New Orleans makes them in no way my team. Personally I never liked the idea of having to pay taxes to support a private team/industry. This year Benson makes enough money to survive. If they fall back to the Saints of old and the bandwagon fans stop buying merchandise...just ask the state for money and threaten to leave the state for a new home if you don't get it.
    Sour grapes! Sorry about your Cowgirls.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

She...:icon_wink: How did you assume that?
    Dawgpix is a dude and HE was the one doing the referring.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    What is true is that the N. La. media (with the exception of Fox and Co. :icon_wink has never giving much coverage to the Saints.

Sour grapes! Sorry about your Cowgirls.
    No sour grapes...The Cowboys deserved the outcome of their game with Minnesota. They were out coached and out played, period. It was a good win by the Saints...it just doesn't change the facts stated.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I swear there are some bitter, bitter Cowboys fans around. Yesterday, I went to a Brookshires in Shreveport, and no fewer than HALF of the workers there had on Cowboys crap, including the manager. Yes you beat us this year, but guess what......WE'RE SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I swear there are some bitter, bitter Cowboys fans around. Yesterday, I went to a Brookshires in Shreveport, and no fewer than HALF of the workers there had on Cowboys crap, including the manager. Yes you beat us this year, but guess what......WE'RE SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!!
    Think about it and it's not really that surprising... How many Shreveport natives that are "lspoo fans" show up at the Indy bowl wearing their lspoo clothes no matter who is playing. It's just the way that they do over there. As for me, I wore my Tech colors last night. :icon_wink: I didn't have a dog in the fight...but didn't see any reason to wear Cowboys attire...lol.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

I don't think many Cowboy fans will be abondoning ship because the Saints won the superbowl. Yes, there are alot of bandwagoners, especially LSU and Saints fans up here in Shreveport. I don't see why so many people get their panties in a wad because people that live in Louisiana aren't Saint fans. I grew up in Dallas and the Cowboys will always be my #1 team, but I root for the Saints (as long as they aren't playing the Cowboys) because Louisiana is my adopted home state.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up between New Orleans and the Ark-La-Miss, and will tell you that the vast majority of people in NE Louisiana are Saints fans more than they could be fans of any other NFL team. The Cowboys fanhood starts in the Shreveport area for the most part. Therefore, the overwhelming majority of Louisianians are Saints fans. I've been a fan my whole life and have always gone to games, but I haven't had a particular reason to suddenly buy a crapload of merchandise other than the occasional shirt or hat once per season. Winning the Super Bowl is reason enough for people to sport the gear more than usual, but it doesn't indicate bandwagonism necessarily. We're so quick to hate on "bandwagoning," when we really need to gain more bandwagon Tech fans as well. I welcome bandwagoners to New Orleans and Ruston with open arms. I just PERSONALLY know that I've sat through the losses for years, just as my father has since the team began, so I'm lovin' this championship!!! GOD BLESS THE SAINTS FANS!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Aint that the truth. Bandwagoners.

Just heard that Academy Sports in S'port has sold out of 8,000 Saints' Super Bowl Champs shirts....last night! At least 7,000 of those were claiming to be Cowboy fans up to a few weeks ago.

But, it will help in sales' tax revenues for struggling local governments.
    Bandwagon N.Louisiana fans are something else. Amazing! But I'll take all of the fans we can gather even if it is the fair weathered Dallas Cowboy/lspoo fans of N. Louisiana. Funny thing is they don't see anything wrong with cheering for who's hot/it at the time. Loyalty and the passion it brings is everything to me. Anything else just doesn't compute.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The "fans" have always been here...they just have been seen wearing blurple and gold lately because that was the most successful bandwagon for them. Now the ones unhappy with Les Miles will trade some of their lspoo gear for Saints gear.

Most people like a winner.
    They need to trade it for TECH gear. And to me, folks that have to cheer for winners only and wear the winner only garb are super insecure people.

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Those clowns are the worst! Big time here in Texas as well. Their excuse today, and yes I've heard this morning from 2 already, is "screw New Orleans fans and New Orleans because of the Katrina handouts to the middleclass and poor that were decimated down there. They should have had flood insurance." Amazing!

+ Reply to Thread