+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Support for the Hoop Troop

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Support for the Hoop Troop

I posted the following in both the MBB and WBB threads. I have listed it here in football since a good representation of Tech at any athletic event affects the entire Athletic program. I hope the football supporters agree and will get behind having the great Hoop Troop attend the WAC Basketball Tournament in March... Thanks

La Tech Men's and Women's basketball programs are making a serious run for the WAC regular season titles this year and both will be contending for the WAC tournament championships which bring an automatic bid to the NCAA tournaments.

What does that have to do with the Hoop Troop and cheerleaders??? I am asking you to consider making a donation of any amount to see that they are in Reno for the tournament. Pep bands and cheer squads impact the game and help the team get fired up and motivated. Needless to say that our Tech teams deserve and can use some support when playing in an arena with a very small number of Tech fans in front of a crowd of 10,000 plus.

Most of the WAC programs have cut back on sending bands, etc. the past few tournaments due to expenses, which generally makes good sense. However, this year Tech has a shot at the championships for both MBB and WBB so the expense is justifiable this year - IMO.

The donation / pledge is needed immediately so that arrangements can be made once the money is raised. Approx. $15k - $20k is needed for expenses for 31 band members and cheerleaders to be in Reno from Wed - Sun. My check for $1k is in the mail today - please join me and others in supporting this worthy project.

Make a donation/gift or pledge to Louisiana Tech Athletics and note that it is for "Sending the Hoop Troop to the WAC Tournament".

Primary Contact: Adam McGuirt
    Director of LTAC
    P.O. Box 3183
    Ruston, LA 71272
    Phone: 318.255.7950
    adam@latechalumni.org
    Last edited by Tech78; 02-08-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Add no. of attendees

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

Re: Support for the Hoop Troop

A worthy cause indeed!

Having the Hoop Troop in Reno would be a little boost for our teams

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

I think everyone involved (BBB, president, AD, coaches, players) all want as much support as they can get; and the hoop troop (and others) certainly provide it.

That cavern of an arena is dead quiet for those early games without a band. And when you play the host team, it is loud; it is nice to have something to counteract that.

A few years ago when we took the band I think the price was pretty steep; I cant imagine it is any cheaper now.

Definitely a worth cause.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    I think everyone involved (BBB, president, AD, coaches, players) all want as much support as they can get; and the hoop troop (and others) certainly provide it.

That cavern of an arena is dead quiet for those early games without a band. And when you play the host team, it is loud; it is nice to have something to counteract that.

A few years ago when we took the band I think the price was pretty steep; I cant imagine it is any cheaper now.

Definitely a worthy cause.
    +1

Bulldog NB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her game

Forget the cheerleaders.....why don't we send some of the more vocal students from the student section! That would be myself, JustinCAD, baw011, and KW2292. I promise we would be fifty times louder, funnier, and more effective not to mention a whole lot cheaper to send.

+ Reply to Thread