+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Franklin to be named Tech OC - BleedTechBlue

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Tony Franklin to be named Tech OC - BleedTechBlue

Tony Franklin appears to be the next offensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech. BleedTechBlue.com caught up with Rivals.com's Randall Thomason on how he saw the affects of Franklin's arrival and departure for the respective programs

More...

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Tony Franklin to be named Tech OC - BleedTechBlue

Nice writeup. The much faster paced, no huddle tempo is the thing I look forward to most from Franklin's offense next season. The past two years we seemed to have our best offensive production when we signaled the play in and executed quickly to keep pressure on the defense. When we slowly signaled in the offensive play, then changed it at the line of scrimmage, and nearly let the play clock expire our offense looked absolutely wretched.

Here's to moving the chains very quickly in 2010!

Franklin's fast-paced, no huddle, wide-open offense generated 421.7 yards and 32.0 points per game, the fourth and seventh highest totals in school history. The Blue Raider offense, which produced three all-conference players, had 30 or more points nine times and topped the 400-yard mark on eight occasions. Franklin's 2009 unit set school records in total yards, passing yards, and total points, while finishing 23rd nationally in scoring and 27th in total offense.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what is happening when the skill players look to the sideline at the same time? Is the coach changing the play?..... every play?

Varsity Bulldog cherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Nice writeup. The much faster paced, no huddle tempo is the thing I look forward to most from Franklin's offense next season. The past two years we seemed to have our best offensive production when we signaled the play in and executed quickly to keep pressure on the defense. When we slowly signaled in the offensive play, then changed it at the line of scrimmage, and nearly let the play clock expire our offense looked absolutely wretched.

Franklin's fast-paced, no huddle, wide-open offense generated 421.7 yards and 32.0 points per game, the fourth and seventh highest totals in school history. The Blue Raider offense, which produced three all-conference players, had 30 or more points nine times and topped the 400-yard mark on eight occasions. Franklin's 2009 unit set school records in total yards, passing yards, and total points, while finishing 23rd nationally in scoring and 27th in total offense.
    Anyone else get the feeling that SD and TF are really looking forward to getting together and cooking up something really fun for our offense?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Does anyone know what is happening when the skill players look to the sideline at the same time? Is the coach changing the play?..... every play?
    Depends, sometimes I am sure it is smoke and mirrors. The play will get changed though at times.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post

It will be nice to go back to what we use to do successfully under Crowton and then at times when JB would let us. Guys, it is not like we have never done this before.

Varsity Bulldog CorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her game

From what I understand, the offense gets to the line with the play called and the OC in the box looks over the defensive alignment. If that play works on that alignment they get the go ahead, if the play won't work they signal in another play. Thats why they look to the sidelines. It gets annoying to watch but it's the price you pay for the no huddle hurry up offense. I think this is a great hire for you guys.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Please no, I hate watching teams that do this.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorinthEagle View Post
    ...It gets annoying to watch but it's the price you pay for the no huddle hurry up offense...
    unless you've got a qb you trust to change the play at the line. see Tech '98 and '99.
    we never huddled, and you didn't see everyone standing up and looking back to the sideline before every play.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Is it worse than watching them huddle? Same thing.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    It will be nice to go back to what we use to do successfully under Crowton and then at times when JB would let us. Guys, it is not like we have never done this before.

I still hope we run a good bit too though. I'm hoping high octane = run and pass.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

High octane = no ping
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post

But it works at AQ and nonAQ schools (Auburn, MTSU, etc.). I think it's brilliant. I know if a defense can scheme to disguise their play well enough to fool coordinators/coaches, but even then it's an even playing field instead of an offense getting the upper hand by reading the D. It'll take some getting used too, but I'll take it over 1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down draw, punt any day.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Just call a play and run it. Let the QB audible if he wants to but I can't stand all the stalling, looking, reading signals from 4 people on the sideline, it just gets under my skin. It is worse than watching them huddle. Make them study the playbook and learn the audibles for different looks the D will give you but don't call a play line up then spend 10 sec looking to the sideline for another play. I am sure I'll get used to it if we do this but I sure hope I don't have to.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I don't care if they recite Shakespeare between plays as long as they score!

+ Reply to Thread