+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tony Franklin to be named Tech OC - BleedTechBlue

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tony Franklin to be named Tech OC - BleedTechBlue

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    Or a smart aleck :icon_wink:

or smart ass :icon_wink:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Hold up JFord - i wasn't taking a shot at you guys, just curious as to why it wasn't asked. I was thinking along the lines of cherokeedawg's post. I don't see why you couldn't reveal that it was off limits but then again i'm not a journalist.

If you need a heavy, you should get Hog Dawg to join the crew for some investigative journalism
    Damn right. I'm not afraid to ASK Sonny Dykes a legitimate question. This is OUR school, and I want to know who the OC is.

For the life of me, I don't understand why the radio crew didn't ask some of the serious questions that NEED to be asked. Just stupid not too. That's what the interviewers are SUPPOSED to do.

Grow a pair for goodness sake, Ford!!!

HD

Bulldog NateDawg seems to have something between the earsNateDawg seems to have something between the earsNateDawg seems to have something between the earsNateDawg seems to have something between the earsNateDawg seems to have something between the earsNateDawg seems to have something between the ears

I'd sure like to see TF here at Tech. His offenses are dangerous. My uncle graduated from Troy, so I somewhat followed him there a few years back. They put up over 30 pts on 3 big SEC schools! Doing that to LSWho this year would have made me happy! His Auburn gig was a big flop because Tubberville's staff wasn't on board. The O-line coach was all power running and thought the spread stuff was for wussies. It'll be a good fit here.

HogDowg- Call up Franklin and ask! He'll give ya a strait answer. I followed him at Auburn (parents are alums so I'm a fan) and he's one of the most bold faced outspoken coaches I've seen. He'll tell it like it is. In press conferences after most losses at Auburn, he'd typically say something like "We suck!" when asked questions about why the offense never got going, etc.

Very entertaining.

Puppy techlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nicetechlover is just really nice

IMO;

This would not be a good hire for Tech. This guy is smoke and mirrors and dubious. Recall he was with Mummey at Kentucky. They got run out of there for reasons other than x's and o's.

Dykes has the offensive mindset and he should be his own OC. He has the ability and demeanor to do both jobs and he needs to surround himself with staff that will recruit the crap out of LA and TX as well as run the program correctly. Franklin scares me. Not the offense he runs, the baggage he carries.

Just my opinion.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techlover View Post
    IMO;

This would not be a good hire for Tech. This guy is smoke and mirrors and dubious. Recall he was with Mummey at Kentucky. They got run out of there for reasons other than x's and o's.

Dykes has the offensive mindset and he should be his own OC. He has the ability and demeanor to do both jobs and he needs to surround himself with staff that will recruit the crap out of LA and TX as well as run the program correctly. Franklin scares me. Not the offense he runs, the baggage he carries.

Just my opinion.
    But having somebody familiar with the system and on the same wavelength in football philosophy, plus a pre-established working relationship is a good thing.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Plus, Dykes has probably not been on the sideline for a football game since he was at Kentucky. It will look a lot different standing on the sideline than it looks from the coaches' box. I bet he will have a lot of influence over the playcalling, but he needs someone he really trusts as his eyes in the box.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Plus, Dykes has probably not been on the sideline for a football game since he was at Kentucky. It will look a lot different standing on the sideline than it looks from the coaches' box. I bet he will have a lot of influence over the playcalling, but he needs someone he really trusts as his eyes in the box.
    Dykes called the game from the field at Arizona.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Dykes called the game from the field at Arizona.
    I watched the USC game on ESPN 360 a couple of days ago and he was in the box for that one. I just assumed that was normal for him.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

I watched the USC game on ESPN 360 a couple of days ago and he was in the box for that one.
    There are lots of shots of him coaching from the sidelines with a headset on.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

So it's not true he's hired? I guess nothing official from Tech? The RDL yesterday had an article "Franklin accepts Tech job." Well, it did go on to say it had to be approved and not officially announced yet, but he is apparently "in?"

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Oh yeah, he's our guy.

He was seen at Wylie Tower today, probably for a meeting with the Athletics Council so they could give him their blessing. Expect an announcement today or tomorrow.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    He was seen at Wylie Tower today, probably for a meeting with the Athletics Council so they could give him their blessing. Expect an announcement today or tomorrow.
    After that they are treating him lunch at Griff's.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    After that they are treating him lunch at Griff's.
    I heard it was the Dawghouse and it was a Mushroom Swiss on whole wheat with onion straws.... :icon_wink:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Jay -

I met my match Tuesday at lunch...

A chicken fried steak that literally whipped my butt - I could only it half of it - it was HUGE!

Relay Station on HWY 79 South at the Webster/Claiborne line....

It was gooood....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread