+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sonny days arrive at La. Tech - Shreveport Times

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Sonny days arrive at La. Tech - Shreveport Times

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I have not even made it through the first page and these jump out at me:

"So that will be our philosophy to attack and try to play with speed on both sides of the ball and special teams as well."

"We want to play disciplined football, be assignment sound on both sides of the ball. Be smart and limit penalties. Be able to execute. At the end of the spring we need to be able to feel good about operating a base offense and base defense. Our challenge will be to get our kids on the same page and we need to do a lot of teaching in the spring, but we also need to spend a lot of time working on the fundamentals."

Me likes...a lot!!!
    I liked that, too. But have you ever heard a coach say he wants a less-disciplined team with more penalties, and less worrying about fundamentals? Or that he won't emphasize speed?

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

A win is a win... no one loves or donates to well behaved losers... But they will in fact support and donate to ill mannered winners...
    I don't say that I agree with it but it is what it is...

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I like the "attacking" football quotes. Our offense was not much of an "attacking" style lately. Our defense would attack with blitzes, but was purposefully soft in coverage.

+ Reply to Thread