+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonny days arrive at La. Tech - Shreveport Times

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Sonny days arrive at La. Tech - Shreveport Times

A new article has been posted on the Shreveport Times:

RUSTON ? Sonny and Kate Dykes haven't been in Ruston long enough to get their feet wet, let alone visit a local church or drop in on the Wal-Mart store. Not long after the Jan. 20 hire, Dykes hit the recruiting trail using the James Davison plane to hit Denton, Texas, Port Sulphur, downtown Cullen and lots of points in between.

More...

Discuss the article here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Sonny days arrive at La. Tech - Shreveport Times

Great article! I am ready for some FOOTBALL NOW!

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

"Then the commitment from the university. Dr. (Dan) Reneau, Bruce (Van De Velde), the administration here are thinking big time. They want it to be a big-time atmosphere, a big-time university and primarily a big-time football program. That's something that excites you because you want to win. And for people to give you the things necessary to do that ... I think all the pieces are here."

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Q. With you being strong offensive guy, how critical is your defensive coordinator hire?
    A: "It's real important because you have to be able to rely on your defensive coordinator to make necessary adjustments and to utilize personnel. You have to be able to stop what people are good at. That's what playing defense is all about. You have to be able to put pressure on the other guy, so the DC hire will be critical to us. In regard to recruiting — it's critical for the defensive guy to be able to evaluate the kind of personnel needed to fit their scheme and recruit to that scheme.
    "I'm excited because we have some excellent candidates who are interested. Without a doubt, when this process is over, we'll end up with a great defensive coordinator."

Sounds like Coach Spangler will be gone. Or is he already and I missed it?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Good job, Jimmy. Looking through The Times sports section today, it looks like you wrote almost the whole thing. Thanks for the good coverage of Tech.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Always appreciate Tech coverage and the interview covered the key aspects of his coming to Tech and his plans for the program.

There was one irrelevant question "Are ya'll church people?". That has nothing to do with being a football coach and most certainly is not the public's business. I know a reporter can ask anything they want...

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Always appreciate Tech coverage and the interview covered the key aspects of his coming to Tech and his plans for the program.

There was one irrelevant question "Are ya'll church people?". That has nothing to do with being a football coach and most certainly is not the public's business. I know a reporter can ask anything they want...
    Where are ya'll seeing those questions? When I click on the link I'm only seeing 2 questions. One about offensive scheme and one about hiring a DC.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Y'all should read the whole article, it's good stuff.

I hope nobody takes the "hang around until the 4th quarter" bit too hard. haha

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Where are ya'll seeing those questions? When I click on the link I'm only seeing 2 questions. One about offensive scheme and one about hiring a DC.
    Down at the bottom of the article you can click on the next page...there's about 4 or 5 pages to this.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh... The Times is using lazy HTML apparently, because the multiple pages seem to only work in Internet Explorer for me...

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Read the entire thing, it's good.

*using firefox

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I have not even made it through the first page and these jump out at me:

"So that will be our philosophy to attack and try to play with speed on both sides of the ball and special teams as well."

"We want to play disciplined football, be assignment sound on both sides of the ball. Be smart and limit penalties. Be able to execute. At the end of the spring we need to be able to feel good about operating a base offense and base defense. Our challenge will be to get our kids on the same page and we need to do a lot of teaching in the spring, but we also need to spend a lot of time working on the fundamentals."

Me likes...a lot!!!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Ugh... The Times is using lazy HTML apparently, because the multiple pages seem to only work in Internet Explorer for me...
    Also using firefox. It's working fine for me.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Great article. Also loved the last Q & A:

Q. How familiar are you with Boise State and what they do?

A. "I haven't coached against them but I've seen them quite a bit on film. I know some of the guys at Boise and we've talked football for a long time. Our offense at Arizona looked a lot like theirs at Boise, actually.

What Boise does as well as anybody is they find out what a guy does best and then lets them do it."

Also, at least in IE, if you click the print button, it will bring up the entire article in one box so you do not have to keep clicking through the pages. You do not have to actually print it.

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

Is spring football here yet? I'm ready to see what Sonny can do for Tech!

+ Reply to Thread