+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't we just set up a 1-1?

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Why don't we just set up a 1-1?

Quote Originally Posted by MTSUPiKapp View Post
    You aren't the AD or President of any of those universities. There are many reasons for many of those schools to choose MT, but I don't want this to turn into another MT vs Tech pissing match. We are both naturally inclined to think that our school is the better of the two, let's just leave it at that.
    I think his assumptions are pretty accurate. I think we would pick up support from Tulane USM and Memphis and Houston. ECU UCF Marshall would definitely want MT. UAB could go either way. and I think we keep support from our former Wacmates. we would get Memphis ONLY because of them not wanting another Tennessee school in the mix. If Memphis goes, cusa might want to keep the Tennessee market alive. If the USM four game series brings alot of crowd interest whick I suspect it will than USM will want us with them. The two schools are very close to each other and would be a great rivalry, especially since Tulane is not bringing alot of sparks these days with fan support. the eastern schools of course would want a school to consolodate the east more, and we would lose the edge in that department but I suspect many of them will be going big east. If they all go big east, then MT and Tech will get in and everybody wins. I really don't think N. Texas really stands a chance even with the new stadium. Just saturated with Texas schools already. They should really have gone WAC

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    I think his assumptions are pretty accurate. I think we would pick up support from Tulane USM and Memphis and Houston. ECU UCF Marshall would definitely want MT. UAB could go either way. and I think we keep support from our former Wacmates. we would get Memphis ONLY because of them not wanting another Tennessee school in the mix. If Memphis goes, cusa might want to keep the Tennessee market alive. If the USM four game series brings alot of crowd interest whick I suspect it will than USM will want us with them. The two schools are very close to each other and would be a great rivalry, especially since Tulane is not bringing alot of sparks these days with fan support. the eastern schools of course would want a school to consolodate the east more, and we would lose the edge in that department but I suspect many of them will be going big east. If they all go big east, then MT and Tech will get in and everybody wins. I really don't think N. Texas really stands a chance even with the new stadium. Just saturated with Texas schools already. They should really have gone WAC
    Orlando to Murfreesboro... 10.5 hour drive
    Orlando to Ruston... 13.5 hour drive

UCF would probably prefer Troy.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

other than good football in a smaller market and not much potential to pick up any market(as opposed to us who really can pick up the Shreveport and Monroe and MT who has a decent shot at picking up their portion of Nashville)Troy just doesn't really have anything anybody wants right now. It's not a great academic school and is about to be further diluted by the addition of S. Alabama. The real sleeping giant in my opinion is Western Kentucky. Eastern cusa schools just don't have any loyalty or warm fuzzy feelings towards Louisiana Tech. If our endzone project is completed as planned, then our facilities will be quite impressive by CUSA standards and we REALLY are making great inroads into the Shreveport media market.

Big Dog MTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really nice

Thumbs Down Re: Why don't we just set up a 1-1?

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    other than good football in a smaller market and not much potential to pick up any market(as opposed to us who really can pick up the Shreveport and Monroe and MT who has a decent shot at picking up their portion of Nashville)Troy just doesn't really have anything anybody wants right now. It's not a great academic school and is about to be further diluted by the addition of S. Alabama. The real sleeping giant in my opinion is Western Kentucky. Eastern cusa schools just don't have any loyalty or warm fuzzy feelings towards Louisiana Tech. If our endzone project is completed as planned, then our facilities will be quite impressive by CUSA standards and we REALLY are making great inroads into the Shreveport media market.

You're on the money with Troy. There may not be another school in the country that has more potential that is so stifled by their market than Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by MTSUPiKapp View Post
    You're on the money with Troy. There may not be another school in the country that has more potential that is so stifled by their market than Troy.
    Plus UAB will have no part of Troy. Memphis probably presents the same problem for you guys. Our only in state competition would be Tulane and frankly I just don't think they care one way or the other about anything but academics. Tulane could drop all sports but baseball and I don't think anyone would care or notice/ As a matter of fact if they would stop wasting money on a sinking ship and refocus on academics, Tulane could bring their standards up to like Emory or Rice. If they don't quit wasting money on a football team noone goes to see, then they are in danger of losing their academic standards as well.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Since we are on the topic, if we are passed up this time around by a Sunbelt school (MTSU, North Texas, or Troy), we might as well, give up ANY hope of EVER being in CUSA. If the other CUSA schools dislike (feel like we are too much of a threat) to allow us to join, by passing us up for a Belt school, we have to immediately start looking elsewhere for conference affiliation - AND NO I DONT MEAN THE SUNBELT!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I think our 2011 schedule is pretty full.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    Since we are on the topic, if we are passed up this time around by a Sunbelt school (MTSU, North Texas, or Troy), we might as well, give up ANY hope of EVER being in CUSA. If the other CUSA schools dislike (feel like we are too much of a threat) to allow us to join, by passing us up for a Belt school, we have to immediately start looking elsewhere for conference affiliation - AND NO I DONT MEAN THE SUNBELT!
    This is the rub. Conference USA won't take us. Some of them may want to schedule us as OOC (UH USM). No Sunbelt for us. Georgraphically the MAC is as good for us as the WAC but I don't believe we'll ever go there either. Back when we were independent we used to play a lot of their western schools.

For us to move it will take a major realignment of all the conferences. If it's not going to be the WAC, MAC, USA or Sunbelt, who's left. I can't see us in the SEC or Big 12 as much as I would like to. It's going to take a whole new conference for us to move -- maybe keeping an old name.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    LA Tech or MTSU for C-USA... I wonder who each C-USA president would choose?
    Houston... Tech.
    Southern Miss... Tech.
    Tulane... Tech.
    Rice... Tech.
    SMU... Tech.
    Tulsa... Tech.
    UTEP... Tech.
    Memphis... Tech.
    UAB... toss-up.
    UCF... toss-up.
    ECU... MTSU (but Stockstill may have burned that bridge...)
    Marshall... MTSU.
    A school has to get at least nine votes (or 75%) to join right? Looks like we are right on the edge if this holds. Not sure that Tulane is a given. I do not think they have been too kind towards us in the past. Until they actually vote, no way to tell who is really in our corner. And it is going to depend on who is left to vote in great measure.

By the way, is the vote open or secret?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

The eastern schools would not go for us easily - I'd go as far as to say there's no way in hell that ECU would vote for us.

However, when dealing with an opening, those spots are vacant. And ECU is a big candidate for that opening, so they wouldn't have a vote.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Wasn't JOakes a big problem with us getting the invite last time?

I would hope that BVDV would be better at pitching us as the best candidate.

I think we have a better shot at getting UABs support than Memphis. I have seen nothing that shows me that Memphis wants anything to do with us either.

UAB might roll with the closer school - MTSU - or a Florida School like FIU.

The good thing is that we are now in the same tier academically with Memphis and UAB.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    UAB might roll with the closer school - MTSU - or a Florida School like FIU.

The good thing is that we are now in the same tier academically with Memphis and UAB.
    UAB and Tech are in Tier 3.

Memphis is in Tier 4.

do you think CUSA really gives a crap about academics? what Tier is UTEP in? They are just thinking about sports visibility. Now get back to me when it comes to adding Quiz Bowl to NCAA competition.

+ Reply to Thread