+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Conference

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: New Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    If something drastic happens, schools will look for the best way to pick up the pieces. Until it does, nobody in CUSA is looking to break apart and form a new conference. The paycheck for Memphis basketball's success in pretty dang good.
    I agree. The CUSA schools are tighter than the boys in the movie Deliverance.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MTSUPiKapp View Post
    Just out of curiousity...did you include Troy for any reason other than they ensure that Ruston isn't the smallest market? I mean honestly, for all the talk of market size and academics that goes on in the conference expansion threads, how does Troy fit in this conference? Birmingham is the 6th biggest market of the 10 and they have over a quarter million people in the city alone and over a million in the metro area. After that you drop to Bowling Green and Hattiesburg, both of which though small, are more than double the size of Ruston and more than triple the size of Troy. Troy brings nothing to the table academically or in market size. They have great football, good baseball and decent basketball.

Nice post. I agree. I've never understood the lovefest for Troy. Troy has terrible academics, no market whatsoever, and I don't know if they've ever been competitive in any sport other than having a very mediocre football program.

Folks need to give it up on the Troy thing.

HD

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I wonder what would happen to Troy's stadium name "Movie Gallery Stadium". Movie Gallery is filing for bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I wonder what would happen to Troy's stadium name "Movie Gallery Stadium". Movie Gallery is filing for bankruptcy.
    If they are smart, they'll probably just sell the stadium "naming rights" to someone else.

This has happened a lot in recent years. Remember when the 49er's played in "3-Com Stadium", and the Astros played at "Enron Field"? Unfortunately this is pretty commonplace nowadays.

HD

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Im glad the Joe isnt't named Sam's Club Stadium or somethin lol

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    Im glad the Joe isnt't named Sam's Club Stadium or somethin lol
    If they wanted to pay for a pretty extensive upgrade it wouldn't hurt my feelings that much.

+ Reply to Thread