+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Texas in the big 10?

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Re: Texas in the big 10?

This is the second article that has grouped us into a conference with Texas... except this one says we should be with Arkansas and LSU as well....

What in the wide, wide, world of sports is going on?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

This is so weird...

One article says we should be int he big 12 and another says we should be charter members of the new SWC with LSU!

I'd love it, but wow. The good news is, if you repeat something often enough, people start to believe it. Let's hope these articles keep it up.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    But what has the money and the power of the SEC got them?
    It's gained them more money and power. Plus, now they get to talk about how tough their big ole mean conference is.

And if the numbers I've seen are true, then we aren't talking about just a little bit of money - we're talking about a lot of money difference.

Not to mention the fact that the Big 12 is not the SWC. If Arkansas replaced Colorado or Missouri they'd only be playing a game per year in Texas - which they already do.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    This is so weird...

One article says we should be int he big 12 and another says we should be charter members of the new SWC with LSU!

Bleacherreport is like wikipedia, they'll let anyone on there. Remember last off-season when the UNT guy wrote about us joining the SB and we "helped" Oral Roberts win the poll? "Articles" on that website are about like posts on this (or any other) message board. Just "off the top of my head" fanboy stuff.

Obviously, I'd be all for joining the Big 12 or a new SWC. But I'm not even holding my breath for the conference shuffling that is halfway possible.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Bleacherreport is like wikipedia, they'll let anyone on there. Remember last off-season when the UNT guy wrote about us joining the SB and we "helped" Oral Roberts win the poll? "Articles" on that website are about like posts on this (or any other) message board. Just "off the top of my head" fanboy stuff.

Obviously, I'd be all for joining the Big 12 or a new SWC. But I'm not even holding my breath for the conference shuffling that is halfway possible.
    As long as those fanboys are mentioning us, I think it's a good think. Come to think of it, maybe we should start submitting articles to these places and see if we can get some hits!

Breaking News: SEC makes a play for Louisiana Tech!

Edit: you've inspired to write an article on the subject.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 03-02-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Hey there is such thing as bad publicity. Even if we don't happen to get an invite from the Big XII, getting mentioned as a possible candidate makes us look a lot sexier to other conferences and the country in general.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    As long as those fanboys are mentioning us, I think it's a good think. Come to think of it, maybe we should start submitting articles to these places and see if we can get some hits!

Breaking News: SEC makes a play for Louisiana Tech!

I like it. We just need to keep getting mentioned. Its all going according to plan

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Works for me. Lets get it done.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    It's gained them more money and power. Plus, now they get to talk about how tough their big ole mean conference is.

And if the numbers I've seen are true, then we aren't talking about just a little bit of money - we're talking about a lot of money difference.

Not to mention the fact that the Big 12 is not the SWC. If Arkansas replaced Colorado or Missouri they'd only be playing a game per year in Texas - which they already do.
    You knew what I meant Inudesu. But to humor you. OK then what has the money and power gotten them? (that they couldn't have gotten being in the Big12) Wins? Nah. Recruiting? Nah. What is it?

Also it is possible to work the conference where Arkansas plays in the same division or they jumble it up or they offset it to allow them to play more Texas teams. I think if they lose a school they are going to be more willing than ever to think outside the box. More than likely I would see them getting BYU or Utah if they lose Colorado and then the MWC would just grab Boise.

Although I prefer the new SWC scenario where we join Texas and LSU in the South.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Very interesting! But see my response to the previous article above. That said, I like this lineup a lot and the only thing I would change is trading Houston/TCU/Tulsa (pick one) for New Mexico. None of those three bring in any new metro areas and New Mexico would. Plus it would be a true SWC as Texas would the anchor and all of the surrounding states would contribute as well.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It's time to come clean -

SEAN PARKER is my pen name....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's time to come clean -

SEAN PARKER is my pen name....
    And here all along I thought you were Dirk Diggler.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And here all along I thought you were Dirk Diggler.
    That's my bedroom persona....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread