+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who ya got on the OL?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Who ya got on the OL?

I think Roberts, Warner, Saia, Mills, and McGill come out of spring as the starters.

This is based on watching them play last year and a very uneducated guess on the type of guys that Dykes will want to start.

However, Shepperd and Cano redshirted last year.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Who ya got on the OL?

That looks right to me. Don't know what happened with Myles.... started as a Freshman and lost his job as a Junior. Maybe we are just upgrading!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    That looks right to me. Don't know what happened with Myles.... started as a Freshman and lost his job as a Junior. Maybe we are just upgrading!
    I rewatched the gutwrenching Idaho game yesterday. And from what I remember of the USU game - he was benched for mental mistakes rather than physical ability.

Warner is not a physical standout but from what I've seen - he is very good at doing the right thing when he's supposed to. He had a good game vs LSU and their talent. Miles struggled vs USU and Idaho because he'd get a false start or miss an assignment - usually killing the drive because we couldn't convert 3rd and long. The Navy game wasn't good for him either.

Miles and Cud were also replaced late in the 08 season by Kavitt and Accardo (whether b/c of injuries I don't know).

Mills collected his share of false starts but I expect starting as a true freshman will get anybody some of those. His blocking looked real good to me. (I am not a coach though)

Here's the clip where Livas punked the LSU MLB....but watch the center Lon Roberts pancake his man.

(dmo missed his blocks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6581AGNQo0

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

LT: Mills
    LG: Saia
    C: Shepperd
    RG: Harris
    RT: McGill

Wouldn't surprise me to see Cudahy move in to guard and battle for some PT.

Harris was a senior right?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Yes.. and even he got benched a few times for missing blocks.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

With the new system (Spread Off.), how will our OL blocking schemes change? With quick short passes, it has to change for the pass plays for sure. With that, does it change who we might have on the OL next year?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread