+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Position Battles

Puppy bigtex has turned a few heads around herebigtex has turned a few heads around herebigtex has turned a few heads around herebigtex has turned a few heads around here bigtex's Avatar

Position Battles

Our QB situation gets us the #2 spot on the non-BCS position battles to watch:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/ta...sition-battles

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Position Battles

I think we'll be fine at QB.

Gotta love that #10 position battle, since we host USM on Sept. 25, 2010.

10. Southern Miss O-line: The Golden Eagles must replace four offensive linemen from last year’s squad, which is no easy task.
    Competing for a spot are 2 seniors, 1 junior, 1 RS-frosh, 2 early enrollees (Jamar Holmes and Jason Weaver) and 4 frosh signees in this year’s class.

Varsity Bulldog cherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
    Our QB situation gets us the #2 spot on the non-BCS position battles to watch:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/ta...sition-battles
    This should be really interesting. I have no favorite and honestly no idea who will win the job. There is now a very different job description for our QB, as opposed to "game manager". None of the candidates have had any real "audition" for this type of role at the college level, so I don't think there's anyway to tell who comes out on top until we throw all of the candidates into the fire. (I have my guess, as will many, but honestly it's only just a guess). I think we have several fine candidates for the job, and we are very fortunate in that respect.
    Last edited by cherokeedawg; 02-14-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I think we'll be fine at QB.

Gotta love that #10 position battle, since we host USM on Sept. 25, 2010.

10. Southern Miss O-line: The Golden Eagles must replace four offensive linemen from last year’s squad, which is no easy task.
    Competing for a spot are 2 seniors, 1 junior, 1 RS-frosh, 2 early enrollees (Jamar Holmes and Jason Weaver) and 4 frosh signees in this year’s class.

They picked up two 4 stars this year on the OL along with some 3 stars. I think they will be fine eventually. Not sure if they will have time to jell before they play us though.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    They picked up two 4 stars this year on the OL along with some 3 stars. I think they will be fine eventually. Not sure if they will have time to jell before they play us though.
    The bigger question will be, will we have time to jell under a new system before we play them!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

We will have a new QB before the fall. Hopefully the Grambling game will get Raulston some confidence for the rest of the season.

Jenkins should transfer to SHSU to finish his career as game manager.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    We will have a new QB before the fall. Hopefully the Grambling game will get Raulston some confidence for the rest of the season.

Jenkins should transfer to SHSU to finish his career as game manager.
    Let's see how it shakes out for that position first. You never know, RJ might have been hampered by the old philosophy and may shine in this new system. I'm not pushing RJ, just saying let the pieces fall where the may. RJ does have game experience and from what I've read most of the passes will be no more than a few yards. His ability to make the quick decision to throw the ball is where he may have a problem with the system.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread