+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has a the DC been named?

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: Has a the DC been named?

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    He couldn't have found anyone better than Spangler, for the price. I feel very comfortable with Spangler running the defense. We need to stay physical on that side of the ball. I don't want to go back to that Crowton/Bicknell finnesse game crap.

I agree, but our schemes will be changed to a more aggressive style. If Spangler can adjust there shouldn't be a problem, but something tells me he's not comfortbale with it.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

I don't care who we hire, but I if we can find someone who can shut Nevada down I'll be happy. More than any other team on our schedule, I am sick and tired of them rolling up 500+ yards and lighting up the scoreboard against us. Watching their bowl game against SMU it was abundantly clear that they are not the offensive juggernaut that we've made them appear to be...

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I don't care who we hire, but I if we can find someone who can shut Nevada down I'll be happy. More than any other team on our schedule, I am sick and tired of them rolling up 500+ yards and lighting up the scoreboard against us. Watching their bowl game against SMU it was abundantly clear that they are not the offensive juggernaut that we've made them appear to be...
    To be fair to us, they were playing without 2 of their biggest weapons against SMU. I know SMU's defense is not as good as Boise's... but it looked that way in the bowl game.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

To be fair to us, they were playing without 2 of their biggest weapons against SMU. I know SMU's defense is not as good as Boise's... but it looked that way in the bowl game.
    I seem to remember that they had a couple of guys out, but still... I don't know what SMU did, but the Nevada QB looked lost. He looked the same way against Notre Dame. Whatever those two teams did worked well. I'm tired of them putting up close to 40 points each time we play them, but in the last 3 years that's what they've done. Then again, two of those games were on the road; considering Dooley and co. didn't beat ANYONE worth a damn on the road, I guess the results aren't that surprising.

Varsity Bulldog FieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really nice FieldDawg's Avatar

Per Football Scoop

LA Tech: We hear that Jeff Koonz has accepted a position on the defensive side of the ball at LA Tech. Koonz coached the secondary at Iowa State in 2008 and served as a quality control coach at Texas this past season.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by FieldDawg View Post
    Per Football Scoop

LA Tech: We hear that Jeff Koonz has accepted a position on the defensive side of the ball at LA Tech. Koonz coached the secondary at Iowa State in 2008 and served as a quality control coach at Texas this past season.

......Quality control coach?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FieldDawg View Post
    Per Football Scoop

Don't know a thing about him, but the reason I was given to me for Dykes taking so long to replace Spangler makes no sense with this hire.

With that said, I subscribe to the belief that the new coach gets to hire whoever he wants to.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Don't know a thing about him, but the reason I was given to me for Dykes taking so long to replace Spangler makes no sense with this hire.

With that said, I subscribe to the belief that the new coach gets to hire whoever he wants to.
    This guy is not the new DC. Probably DB or LB coach.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I was wondering.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

He coached the secondary. Say hello to the new CB coach imo.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Bingo. I'm thinking Spang is with us for at least this upcoming year. Dang, thought I had the "Scoop", but you guys are working the system for info.

Great job, keep it up. The "week or 10 days to announce" are up SOON. We'll know this week (I'm thinking again, dangerous).

Varsity Bulldog FieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really nice FieldDawg's Avatar

Here is an interesting twist this kid's dad served as TSpang Assoc. Head Coach and D Coordinator as PC

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com...ATCLID=1247258

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Then it sounds like Spang may be advising Dykes on who he'd like to have on his side.

Will a relationship between Dykes and Spang that is un-involved work as well as the one with Dooley and Spang? I feel like Dooley's offense was geared toward an overall defensive gameplan at times.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Koonz appears to be an excellent DB/LB coach. So if the Tech website is correct (Spangler as DC) and plugging Koonz in at DB we should look as follows with two coaches to go:

HC - Sonny Dykes
    OC/QB - Tony Franklin (to be confirmed)
    OL - Petey Perot
    WR - Rob Likens
    RB -

ST/TE - Mark Tommerdahl
    DC - Tommy Spangler (to be confirmed)
    DL - Stan Eggen
    LB -
    DB - Jeff Koonz (to be confirmed)

SC - Damon Harrington

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    AMEN!!! As I've stated before, I HATE those Nevada bastards. For the life of me I don't know why we can't stop them. SMU sure did.

HD

+ Reply to Thread