+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA FB rule proposals for 2011

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: NCAA FB rule proposals for 2011

Quote Originally Posted by tclark View Post
    I believe you may be correct. Just rarely see it called.
    Tech at Idaho. 2009. Victorian.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Tech at Idaho. 2009. Victorian.
    It seemed that Victorian had about 90 yards worth of penalties in that game, between that and all the PI (of which a couple were very sketchy calls)

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Committee proposes rule changes

Article (espn.com): http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Taunting
    If passed, players who draw flags for taunting gestures on their way to a touchdown would have the penalty assessed from the spot of the foul, taking away the score. Penalties that occur in the end zone would continue to be assessed on the extra-point attempt, 2-point conversion try or ensuing kickoff.

Concussion
    If approved, injured players - including those with concussion symptoms - would have to be cleared by a doctor before returning to competition.

Other topics discussed at the meeting include:
    • Television monitors will be allowed in the press box coaches' booths beginning in 2011. The home team has responsibility for insuring that coaches' booths for both teams have identical television capability.
    • Requiring players who wear "eye black'' to use solid black with no words, logos, numbers or other symbols. That will be effective next season.
    • Ending the requirement that players' pants always cover the knees.
    • Eliminating the intentional "wedge'' on kickoffs and punts, a rule the NFL adopted last season.
    • Recommending conferences that do not have a pregame warm-up policy use a 10-yard, no-player zone between the 45-yard lines beginning 60 minutes before kickoff.
    I think this is a great rule. Leave the prancing around and taunting to the NFL, it has no place in college sports.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I think this is a great rule. Leave the prancing around and taunting to the NFL, it has no place in college sports.
    But how are they going to develop their future acts for NFL showtime?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    But how are they going to develop their future acts for NFL showtime?
    True, but they've already got the uniform thing down with the "pants not covering the knees"

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Taunt away... this is college, if the students can taunt the other players and/or fans why can't the student-athletes. If its offensive, no, but if it is just in the heat of competition go ahead.

I do like the medical clearance "rule".

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This is part of the commie plot to take over the world. You're laughing, but it's true. The pinkos are out to sissify America. Turn us into a bunch of pansies, and where better to do that than in the very fabric of our society: sports.

It's an insideous plot. Yeah, I know most of you will dismiss this as ridiculous, but I know how those scum operate. Very subtle.

Taunting? Stupid rules are ruining football, a sport with too many arbitrary silly rules now.

Years ago, the NSU demons were playing at Montana in the playoffs. It was clear the refs wanted the home team to win, based on the calls they made. In the final two minutes NSU trailed by 8 pts (28-20 or something like that) and had been having trouble dealing with the Montana defense in the 2nd half. Finally, a big play. And a Demon was gone, on a screen pass, I think it was, 70+ yards...out-running the slower DBs...as he got to about the 20 yd line he saw some NSU fans in the endzone and he pointed toward them...yes, just like Tracy Porter did...the flags flew. Then when the NSU coach protested the call, another flag flew...30 yards in unsportsmanlike penalties. Montana took both penalties on the try for 2...which now came from the 32 yd line! Needless to say, the try failed and the refs won by 2 pts.

That was NOT taunting. The NSU player was acknowledging the Demon fans who were cheering loudly, the TD to be, in a frickin' playoff game! I am a NSU graduate and root for the Demons in such situations. Not that I really care, one way or the other. But that incident has stuck with me. It was such a travesty. A rip-off! (yeah, the try for 2 may have failed anyway, Montana might have won the game anyway, but that ain't the point. Let the teams decide it, not the refs!)

This is stupid rule about to become stupider.

Wasn't there an incident in the UGA-LSU game this year?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

The UGA-LSU penalties were ridiculous imo.

They might as well script what you ARE allowed to do.

1. Scoring players are allowed one (1) jumping chest bump with a teammate after a score. The scoring player must then proceed to the sidelines without smiling or making eye contact with an opposing player. Any other action is an infraction and will be penalized.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I saw a commercial for the first time this weekend touting integrity in sports...

It was a MBB game and the team was coming to a huddle to discuss an inbounds play. One of the players on the team taking to ball in told the coach that he had touched the ball before it went out of bounds. His teammates gave him a hard time, but the coach patted him on the back for being honest. The last shot showed the player going to the ref to let him know he had touched the ball.

What a stupid commercial.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    This is part of the commie plot to take over the world. You're laughing, but it's true. The pinkos are out to sissify America. Turn us into a bunch of pansies, and where better to do that than in the very fabric of our society: sports.

It's an insideous plot. Yeah, I know most of you will dismiss this as ridiculous, but I know how those scum operate. Very subtle.

Taunting? Stupid rules are ruining football, a sport with too many arbitrary silly rules now.

Years ago, the NSU demons were playing at Montana in the playoffs. It was clear the refs wanted the home team to win, based on the calls they made. In the final two minutes NSU trailed by 8 pts (28-20 or something like that) and had been having trouble dealing with the Montana defense in the 2nd half. Finally, a big play. And a Demon was gone, on a screen pass, I think it was, 70+ yards...out-running the slower DBs...as he got to about the 20 yd line he saw some NSU fans in the endzone and he pointed toward them...yes, just like Tracy Porter did...the flags flew. Then when the NSU coach protested the call, another flag flew...30 yards in unsportsmanlike penalties. Montana took both penalties on the try for 2...which now came from the 32 yd line! Needless to say, the try failed and the refs won by 2 pts.

That was NOT taunting. The NSU player was acknowledging the Demon fans who were cheering loudly, the TD to be, in a frickin' playoff game! I am a NSU graduate and root for the Demons in such situations. Not that I really care, one way or the other. But that incident has stuck with me. It was such a travesty. A rip-off! (yeah, the try for 2 may have failed anyway, Montana might have won the game anyway, but that ain't the point. Let the teams decide it, not the refs!)

This is stupid rule about to become stupider.

Wasn't there an incident in the UGA-LSU game this year?
    I guess we should leave it to free enterprise. I haven't watched pro football for years because of the idiotic taunting, show boating and excessive celebrating. I hated that crap so badly I simply wouldn't watch the game at all. Now I'm completely weaned from the game. Yes, the NFL has done fine without me, but the fact is, they are doing it without me.

The same thing is starting to happen in college football. A defensive lineman can get pushed around for two quarters, and then get a sack in the third, and he gets up like he just won the Super Bowl, bodding that freaking helmet up and down. I simply hate that crap with a passion.

While I agree that there is a feminization of America that has manifested itself in sports, I don't think stopping assine behavior falls into that category.
    Last edited by Soonerdawg; 02-15-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Taunt away... this is college, if the students can taunt the other players and/or fans why can't the student-athletes. If its offensive, no, but if it is just in the heat of competition go ahead.

I do like the medical clearance "rule".
    Too subjective for the refs.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I guess we should leave it to free enterprise. I haven't watched pro football for years because of the idiotic taunting, show boating and excessive celebrating. I hated that crap so badly I simply wouldn't watch the game at all. Now I'm completely weaned from the game. Yes, the NFL has done fine without me, but the fact is, they are doing it without me.

The same thing is starting to happen in college football. A defensive lineman can get pushed around for two quarters, and then get a sack in the third, and he gets up like he just won the Super Bowl, bodding that freaking helmet up and down. I simply hate that crap with a passion.

While I agree that there is a feminization of America that has manifested itself in sports, I don't think stopping assine behavior falls into that category.
    the sack celebrations are what get me the most. i have never seen unsportsmanlike conduct called after a sack, yet thre is a lot more taunting involved in most of those. why is it a player can dance around and make an ass of himself after a sack, but players can't celebrate as a team after a touchdown?

Bulldog tclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

They're doing a good job of it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Too subjective for the refs.
    Exactly as I see it. This will be a HUGE problem.

Should making the "first down" signal also be a penalty? Receivers do that frequently.

+ Reply to Thread