View Poll Results: Which QB do you expect to do best in spring?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colby Cameron

33 17.93%
  • Ross Jenkins

38 20.65%
  • Doak Raulston

102 55.43%
  • Hardin or other

11 5.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which QB do you expect to look the best in spring ball?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Which QB do you expect to look the best in spring ball?

vote!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Which QB do you expect to look the best in spring ball?

I think he will look better. I still think Doak has more potential.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I hope Doak can throw a deep ball - I heard during recruiting that the Scout evaluator for Texas kids said that "Doak throws the best slant route in Texas."

Then he proceeded to give Doak a 2 star rating on scout. He must have seen something to counterbalance the "best slant route in Texas." It is good to hear that though, since we haven't had a good short/slant thrower in a while.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think it'll be a toss-up, but I chose the "dark-horse". I think we might even be amazed at what Ross is able to do with a better QB coach (which I firmly believe Dykes is).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I think we might even be amazed at what Ross is able to do with a better QB coach (which I firmly believe Dykes is).
    Give it up dude!

The question was who do you EXPECT to LOOK the best. It is amazing to me that some folks don't EXPECT any better than what we had last year.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Give it up dude!

The question was who do you EXPECT to LOOK the best. It is amazing to me that some folks don't EXPECT any better than what we had last year.
    Dang...MD! That's what I get for not taking the time to clarify. I expect Cameron (whom I voted for) to look the best. I think it'll be between Doak and Cameron and I chose Cameron because I think he's the "dark horse". That said, I think Ross will be improved with better coaching (but will still be #3 on the DC with Burch RS'ing).

Alright, I got you and D80, let me see if I can go home and aggravate my wife too! The trifecta will be complete.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I can't remember a recent season in which Tech had so many injuries and departures (particularly at WR). I expect that whomever the QB is will benefit greatly from a healthy team and easier schedule in '10. As usual inexperienced QBs will have a very difficult time beating out an experienced QB, but it can be done. Either way, there is finally enough depth at the position that it is less of a concern than the last couple of years.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Dang...MD! That's what I get for not taking the time to clarify. I expect Cameron (whom I voted for) to look the best. I think it'll be between Doak and Cameron and I chose Cameron because I think he's the "dark horse". That said, I think Ross will be improved with better coaching (but will still be #3 on the DC with Burch RS'ing).

Alright, I got you and D80, let me see if I can go home and aggravate my wife too! The trifecta will be complete.
    Okay, when you start lumping me in with Dawg80 it is time for reevaluation.

I had already checked to see who you voted for and understood where you were coming from. I used the post to you to draw out other posters. One already has.:icon_wink: To him and the others who voted for R.J....A QB coach can't fix what we saw last year. Maybe the surgery helped.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

The quote I read from Rawlston was that he ran Dykes offense in high school, with that and what I have heard about the way Doak looks in warm ups I'm going with DR.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Okay, when you start lumping me in with Dawg80 it is time for reevaluation.

I had already checked to see who you voted for and understood where you were coming from. I used the post to you to draw out other posters. One already has.:icon_wink: To him and the others who voted for R.J....A QB coach can't fix what we saw last year. Maybe the surgery helped.
    The reality is that Jenkins probably started with little chance of keeping his job with this new coach. Those chances have probably diminished to almost zero. I'll be surprised if he is even back next year. Great kid, and hope the best for him. I just don't think he is good enough to quarterback us to wins over good, not just great, but good, opponents.

Remember, a large part of success is reading the defense before the snap. The only person we can evaluate on this is RJ, and he was pretty good at it from Dooley's comments.

Another significant required ability is making quick reads. We haven't rooted for a high quality quick decision maker in quite some time.

Next you need accuracy and a fast release.

Mobility comes into play after that.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I hope Doak can throw a deep ball - I heard during recruiting that the Scout evaluator for Texas kids said that "Doak throws the best slant route in Texas."

Then he proceeded to give Doak a 2 star rating on scout. He must have seen something to counterbalance the "best slant route in Texas." It is good to hear that though, since we haven't had a good short/slant thrower in a while.
    If anyone wanted to see a deep ball being thrown, then you've got the wrong coach. Arizona in 2009 had 9.72 yards per completion, which was the 5th lowest in all of college football. To contrast, ours was 12.01 yards per completion. Dykes wants to throw short passes at a high completion percentage. He needs a QB that get rid of the ball quickly and can read defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    If anyone wanted to see a deep ball being thrown, then you've got the wrong coach. Arizona in 2009 had 9.72 yards per completion, which was the 5th lowest in all of college football. To contrast, ours was 12.01 yards per completion. Dykes wants to throw short passes at a high completion percentage. He needs a QB that get rid of the ball quickly and can read defenses.
    Which is why I really think Doak may shine. It sounds like he has accuracy on short throws.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Dont forget...Hardin shined in this style of offense before he signed with USM.

I expect Jenkins to transfer to SHSU after the DUI and lost season of riding the pine at LaTECH. He no longer fits into our plans.

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Dont forget...Hardin shined in this style of offense before he signed with USM.

I expect Jenkins to transfer to SHSU after the DUI and lost season of riding the pine at LaTECH. He no longer fits into our plans.
    I think he'd rather warm the bench here and graduate from this fine university and with the friends he has here. Who knows, we could have a major injury at QB.

+ Reply to Thread