+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spinoza World?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Spinoza World?

Should we lobby to have the name of the Pit changed to Spinoza World?

Varsity Bulldog gimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her game gimpcoach's Avatar

Re: Spinoza World?

the Pit tends to get kinda slow at times. I think Spin is just filling space until somebody comes up somebody/something new to abuse. I'll start something new . . .NORTHEAST SUX!!! now, everybody join in.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gimpcoach View Post
    the Pit tends to get kinda slow at times. I think Spin is just filling space until somebody comes up somebody/something new to abuse. I'll start something new . . .NORTHEAST SUX!!! now, everybody join in.
    No it's deeper than that.

Varsity Bulldog gimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her game gimpcoach's Avatar

ok, NORTHEAST SUX DEEPLY!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    ok, NORTHEAST SUX DEEPLY!
    I think what Gonzo means is that Spin made a vow not to post in pawlitics anymore because teatech or one of his incarnations was receiving a ton of red dots which Spinoza thought suppressed his right of free speech. So out of protest, he made the announcement of his withdrawal. I thought he meant the whole board, but apparently he meant just the pawlitics section, but I don't remember his exact wording. It doesn't matter to me. I sometimes enjoyed reading his posts. Anyway, he discovered the pit and decided it was his loophole to be able to post on here because he missed us dawgs so badly and couldn't stay away. He used to get upset that not very many people would respond to some threads in pawlitics. We explained it was because this is primarily a sports' message board and the pawlitics section was to keep our sports talk unhindered, so very few people bothered with the pawlitics section. I'm afraid he's going to get even more frustrated because even fewer people bother with the pit section of the board than pawlitics section.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I think what Gonzo means is that Spin made a vow not to post in pawlitics anymore because teatech or one of his incarnations was receiving a ton of red dots which Spinoza thought suppressed his right of free speech. So out of protest, he made the announcement of his withdrawal. I thought he meant the whole board, but apparently he meant just the pawlitics section, but I don't remember his exact wording. It doesn't matter to me. I sometimes enjoyed reading his posts. Anyway, he discovered the pit and decided it was his loophole to be able to post on here because he missed us dawgs so badly and couldn't stay away. He used to get upset that not very many people would respond to some threads in pawlitics. We explained it was because this is primarily a sports' message board and the pawlitics section was to keep our sports talk unhindered, so very few people bothered with the pawlitics section. I'm afraid he's going to get even more frustrated because even fewer people bother with the pit section of the board than pawlitics section.
    I agree wholeheartedly with Spin's disgust with the political board. Today, there is a post that should disgust everyone and that in my eyes, shows the true colors of what that board is. I realize Spin's motives for posting here. My responses were meant to be in line with the first post of the thread. I rarely get overly serious on here and my posts were a reflection of that.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I agree wholeheartedly with Spin's disgust with the political board. Today, there is a post that should disgust everyone and that in my eyes, shows the true colors of what that board is. I realize Spin's motives for posting here. My responses were meant to be in line with the first post of the thread. I rarely get overly serious on here and my posts were a reflection of that.
    I know which post you're talking about, however, I disagree that it shows the true colors of what this board is. I think that's your prejudice against the region of people that consider attending/attend/attended Tech probably based on your life's experiences which is understandable. I think you would probably find an equal percentage among most universities who would feel the way of that post, so those who post on here aren't, in my opinion, different than others. Unfortunately, the bad always is more sensational and therefore propped up. I know there have already been more disgusted with it, and who have posted against it. It is my hope that the admins will delete it as soon as they become aware of it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Glad to have you back Dirty. In five words or less, how are you feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Glad to have you back Dirty. In five words or less, how are you feeling?
    Check facebook status.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Check facebook status.
    The one about fried green tomatoes? That one was very concerning.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post

TWSS

I know which post you're talking about, however, I disagree that it shows the true colors of what this board is. I think that's your prejudice against the region of people that consider attending/attend/attended Tech probably based on your life's experiences which is understandable. I think you would probably find an equal percentage among most universities who would feel the way of that post, so those who post on here aren't, in my opinion, different than others. Unfortunately, the bad always is more sensational and therefore propped up. I know there have already been more disgusted with it, and who have posted against it. It is my hope that the admins will delete it as soon as they become aware of it.
    I was referring to the political board. I have lived in the region for 60 years. I'm at least as old as your daddy. I watched our region being ridiculed and screwed by the rest of the country for most of my life because a few very loud and backward politicians stayed in power by saying what the lowest of the population wanted to hear. You need to get out more if you think that is typical of University alumni. I realize maybe 50% of that board are Tech grads by personal observation. Once again, I request a board ignoring button so I won't have to even see evidence of that zoo.

Let me correct a mistake I have been making, saying "board" when I really mean "forum", as in political forum.

I was referring to the political board. I have lived in the region for 60 years. I'm at least as old as your daddy. I watched our region being ridiculed and screwed by the rest of the country for most of my life because a few very loud and backward politicians stayed in power by saying what the lowest of the population wanted to hear. You need to get out more if you think that is typical of University alumni. I realize maybe 50% of that board are Tech grads by personal observation. Once again, I request a board ignoring button so I won't have to even see evidence of that zoo.
    I knew what forum you meant. Also, I know quite a few alumni from many other schools from the north and south and I stand by my statement that a majority or no different that the majority of alumni from Louisiana Tech.

+ Reply to Thread