+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming season

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Upcoming season

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    I don't know, going to Molten, Livas, Paige, Casey, Cruz and Jacarri and DJ and Creer out of the backfield sounds pretty unstoppable to me. Harper too.
    Me too! Our players just need the training and coaching to catch the ball. I think our offense will be tough to stop and with the GATA defense (it appears), we will look pretty dang good! A&M road trip anyone??????

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72 View Post
    I am of the opinion that this year is going to be a tuff one if we try to "air it out" 40 to 60 times a game.
    Arizona threw the ball about 37 times per game. They did have games were they threw it over 50. They ran the ball about 33 times per game. In '08, they ran more than they passed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teams/stats?teamId=12

MTSU threw it about 33.5 times per game, and ran it around 40.

It might not be as bad as you think.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

I am transitioning away mentally from " I wonder if we will make a completion", to a high completion percentage and a bunch of "YAC" yards. I think the run game will be much stronger than with Crowton. Defense too.

Teams won't be able to just load the box and play man. You've got to have the athletes to run this and we do. I'm excited about it.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Me too! Our players just need the training and coaching to catch the ball. I think our offense will be tough to stop and with the GATA defense (it appears), we will look pretty dang good! A&M road trip anyone??????

All that sounds well and good, however, who is gonna get them the ball! These guys have to learn a NEW Offense, New Special Teams and New Defense. Gramblen game might not be as easy as we think if it is the first game of the year!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

All that sounds well and good, however, who is gonna get them the ball! These guys have to learn a NEW Offense, New Special Teams and New Defense. Gramblen game might not be as easy as we think if it is the first game of the year!
    We retained the special teams coach and defensive coordinator.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but these are bright young college students. I am sure they are studying the system now, will practice it in the Spring, and after a little adjustment, will be ready to roll!

It is a new system, but it isn't totally foriegn. Plus, I think Dykes will implement it slowly and work it around our current talent level. It won't be an overnight change.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Besides -- Tech performs best when below the radar. Embrace it.
    Is every other year okay with you?

There was a prime twss in there, but I left it alone.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

It will take a while to get the offense down, imo. Having the FCS game first is a huge boon.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Dykes says that he runs 23 plays on offense. No more. No less. Only our best 23 plays.

Historic: Tech vs. Grambling. Will we get Shreveport excited about Bulldog Football?

Texas A&M: 10th time's a charm?

Possible: Navy could be a Top 25 team for the season opening kickoff at The Joe in 2010.

Pivotal Game: Southern Miss. Tech will beat Grambling to open the year. Tech will be substantial underdogs against A&M and Navy. The USM game could be the difference between entering WAC play at 2-2 or 1-3. Big game.

Battle for the Bone: Fresno won by 2 in 2009; Tech won by 3 in 2008; Fresno won by 11 in 2008; Fresno won by 7 in 2006; Tech won by 12 in 2005; Tech won by 7 in 2004; Fresno won by 10 in 2003. It's gonna be a Dawg Fight like always.

Enemy: Nevada. The Wolf Pack (two words) has beaten Tech 5 consecutive times outscoring Tech 200-82 in those 5 games.

Revenge: Idaho and Utah State. We better beat both of them by 28+ points. Best served cold.

National Champion: Boise will be a BCS National Championship contender if they are undefeated when the Dawgs head to Boise.

Road wins: NMSU and SJSU. Tech must beat the Aggies and the Spartans. They are bad. Very bad.

Big Question: Can Tech win on the islands? Tech is 0-4 all-time on the other half of the world, but Tech punished the Warriors in Ruston last season.

DYK? Tech has not lost an OOC game in Ruston since joining the WAC in 2001. Tech's only home OOC loss since joining the WAC was against defending national champion Miami in Shreveport in 2003. During that time, Tech has wins over Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, North Texas, LA-Lafayette, Northern Illinois, and 4 FCS teams in Ruston or Shreveport. Let's hope the Dawgs can keep the streak alive against Navy and Southern Miss.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What's the name of that instrumental that begins with wierd satan-worshiping-sounding stuff? Great song!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Dykes says that he runs 23 plays on offense. No more. No less. Only our best 23 plays.

Historic: Tech vs. Grambling. Will we get Shreveport excited about Bulldog Football?

Texas A&M: 10th time's a charm?

Possible: Navy could be a Top 25 team for the season opening kickoff at The Joe in 2010.

Pivotal Game: Southern Miss. Tech will beat Grambling to open the year. Tech will be substantial underdogs against A&M and Navy. The USM game could be the difference between entering WAC play at 2-2 or 1-3. Big game.

Battle for the Bone: Fresno won by 2 in 2009; Tech won by 3 in 2008; Fresno won by 11 in 2008; Fresno won by 7 in 2006; Tech won by 12 in 2005; Tech won by 7 in 2004; Fresno won by 10 in 2003. It's gonna be a Dawg Fight like always.

Enemy: Nevada. The Wolf Pack (two words) has beaten Tech 5 consecutive times outscoring Tech 200-82 in those 5 games.

Revenge: Idaho and Utah State. We better beat both of them by 28+ points. Best served cold.

National Champion: Boise will be a BCS National Championship contender if they are undefeated when the Dawgs head to Boise.

Road wins: NMSU and SJSU. Tech must beat the Aggies and the Spartans. They are bad. Very bad.

Big Question: Can Tech win on the islands? Tech is 0-4 all-time on the other half of the world, but Tech punished the Warriors in Ruston last season.

DYK? Tech has not lost an OOC game in Ruston since joining the WAC in 2001. Tech's only home OOC loss since joining the WAC was against defending national champion Miami in Shreveport in 2003. During that time, Tech has wins over Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, North Texas, LA-Lafayette, Northern Illinois, and 4 FCS teams in Ruston or Shreveport. Let's hope the Dawgs can keep the streak alive against Navy and Southern Miss.

I will go out on a limb here and say that A&M and Boise should be the only games we lose, at least on paper. We should beat the rest. Will we? That is why we play them on the field. I would even go so far to say that we have a decent shot at A&M as well. Boise, in my opinion, is by far the hardest game we have all year. If they start out at #2 like a some folks think they will, they could very well be #1 when we show up.

If you want, I can give some of what I have been smoking...

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I will go out on a limb here and say that A&M and Boise should be the only games we lose, at least on paper. We should beat the rest. Will we? That is why we play them on the field. I would even go so far to say that we have a decent shot at A&M as well. Boise, in my opinion, is by far the hardest game we have all year. If they start out at #2 like a some folks think they will, they could very well be #1 when we show up.

Keep smoking it! I agree with you. I think we have a very good shot at A&M this next year, if our guys can learn the system fast.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post

You mean to believe us beating Boise or them being ranked #1 ? Personaly, I think there's a FAR greater chance of us beating them than them earning the top spot. As long as the big boys have 2 losses or less, it will never happen. PERIOD.

+ Reply to Thread